Car Wax advice.

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Burning Petard

Car Wax advice.

Post by Burning Petard »

Planning a road trip next week from Delaware to Kansas City Mo. Taking it slow, probably less than 400 miles a day. If the spousal unit tolerates it ok, we may go on to Tulsa OK area. (to MG Mech--if we do, we will go via Wichita)

Concerned about removing bug and possible road repair stuff, like asphalt bits, from the front of the car. It is a 2018 Toyota Corolla with less than 8K on the odometer and I would like to keep it looking nice. The lower front end has a nightmare decoration that is shiny black plastic and almost needs a toothbrush to clean it when it is not really dirty.

Anybody recommend a particular car wax that would make getting the bugs off easier?

snailgate

Joe Guy

Re: Car Wax advice.

Post by Joe Guy »

Depending on how much you want to spend and how important it is to you, you might consider clear protection or a bra. Otherwise, any car wax should do as long as you stop and wash the car once in a while.

And yes, I didn't answer your question.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I note that Toyota sells something they call a clear protection. I have not investigated it. The bra I don't like at all. The edges flap and pound in the wind and definitely leave a mark. Maybe the only answer is to wipe down every time I stop for gas.

snailgate.

RayThom

Car Wax advice.

Post by RayThom »

sg, check out 'google' for bug deflectors. Maybe you'll see one that fits your needs... and cheap enough.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

There's a quote from John A. Shedd which says that a ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

You can keep the car pristine and unblemished if you park it in the garage and don't drive it, but like the boat in the harbor, that's not what it was designed for either.  Accept the fact that using the car in the manner for which it was intended is going to cause it to eventually acquire dings, pits, the odd paint chip, and that "well-maintained but well-used" character from road grit, insect impacts, and whatever else may be out there.  And some day, looking at those dings, pits, and whatever, you will think back and fondly remember the trips you were on or the adventures you had that put them there.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?