FORD vs. CHEVY

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
dales

FORD vs. CHEVY

Post by dales »

I can still recall the arguments my dad and uncle had back in the early 1960's.

The old man was a Chevy guy and my uncle was strictly Ford.

Aside from a little good-nurtured ribbing, things never went this far.

The battle of which is better, Ford or Chevy, has been raging since the dawn of human civilization, thousands of years before the Ford Motor Company or the Chevrolet Division of General Motors even existed.

That battle is finally over, thanks to the decisive results of an argument in Virginia during a “pre-Easter” dinner that ended in gun and knife wounds.
The dinner party included 56-year-old Mark Edwin Turner, his girlfriend, her son, and her son’s girlfriend. At some point during the dinner, the discussion turned to what manufacturer of cars and trucks is superior, Ford or Chevy, as is traditional for a pre-Easter dinner.

While the sides taken by the various parties have not been released by authorities, we do know that at some point in the undoubtedly well-reasoned debate, Turner and his girlfriend’s son found themselves at some sort of intractable point, which Turner attempted to resolve via the use of a knife instead of all that useless talking.
Turner’s girlfriend stepped between Turner and her son, attempting to defuse the situation, but was stabbed in the lower back by Turner, causing a six-inch wound.

Finding the knife’s results unsatisfactory, Turner returned to the house and emerged with a gun, which he used to shoot his girlfriend, once again between Turner and her son, five times in the leg.
Ricocheting bullets struck the son’s girlfriend in the back and cheek, and the son was shot in the arm.
Shockingly, there was “possible drug activity at the residence,” and investigators took a smoking device, “three green plants,” and drug paraphernalia from the home, among other items.

An agitated, yelling Turner was arrested by police and has been charged with felony malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, and possession of a firearm by a felon.

Thankfully, nobody was killed because of this loon’s ridiculous actions, but at least all this senseless violence has finally settled the Ford vs. Chevy debate.

The verdict? AMC is the best.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Re: FORD vs. CHEVY

Post by Joe Guy »

Ford and Chevy people are like the Hatfields and the McCoys. Meanwhile it's the Gremlin that proved the superiority of AMC. Engineering and body design at its finest.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’m a bit surprised by the mention of marijuana, as in my experience violent behavior is not typically linked to stoners.

I wonder if the offender was drinking alcohol, a substance substantially more likely to induce violent episodes.

Toyota is far superior to both.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

FORD vs. CHEVY

Post by RayThom »

I think this photo of Mark Edwin Turner will give this story the proper context.

Search warrants also show investigators took several items from the home, including two cell phones, one in the yard and one on the porch, a pistol, wooden baseball bat, smoking device, three green plants, and drug paraphernalia."
I think ol' Mark looks more like a Conestoga Wagon kind of guy.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:Ford and Chevy people are like the Hatfields and the McCoys. Meanwhile it's the Gremlin that proved the superiority of AMC. Engineering and body design at its finest.

The Gremlin (along with the Pacer) was cute and all, but the best AMC car, hands down, no doubt about it, was this —

America's overlooked muscle car.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Conestoga wagon? No no no! The best freight wagons were Studebaker.

But to return to the original debate--- It has now moved to a new level with the news that GMC is gonna respond to the Ford Aluminum pickup with a pick-up box made of carbon fiber.

snailgate.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Burning Petard wrote:GMC is gonna respond to the Ford Aluminum pickup with a pick-up box made of carbon fiber.

snailgate.
Hmmm ... that oughta burn really well in a fire....
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Check out the new multi-position tailgate from GMC (Scroll down for the video.)

https://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/trucks/sma ... o-tailgate

Having owned many pickups, mostly over five years old, I can only guess how well this one will function after a few years in the field. Anyone who plans to do any serious hauling with a pickup needs to stay away from this option.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

I wondered about the tail gate when I first saw the TV commercials, seemed like a new designs that already have easy solutions. If you want real life functionality, go with the Ford:

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

MGMcAnick wrote:Check out the new multi-position tailgate from GMC (Scroll down for the video.)

https://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/trucks/sma ... o-tailgate

Having owned many pickups, mostly over five years old, I can only guess how well this one will function after a few years in the field. Anyone who plans to do any serious hauling with a pickup needs to stay away from this option.
Considering that GM can't even make a simple tailgate latch handle that lasts 5 years, yeah, that multi-function tailgate isn't gonna last long.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

The way they kept lifting the height of pickup trucks, it was only a matter of time before they would have to include a boarding ladder similar to the fold-out steps on a Lockheed Jetstar.
-"BB"-