I want a Challenger

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Jarlaxle

I want a Challenger

Post by Jarlaxle »

Hemi and 6-speed. 8-)

Someone talk me out of this. :shrug

MajGenl.Meade

Re: I want a Challenger

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

OK
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I had the same thought as Meade....

(But better taste than to post it... :nana )
ImageImageImage

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Not exactly news that Meade is a dipshit.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I have four words for you. Fix It Again Tony

This car is a FIAT.

snailgate

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

So you are challenging us to talk you out of a Challenger? Why would we do this? Go for it; you seem like the type of person that would get full enjoyment out of a muscle car like this.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

This one's available in Cincy about 100 miles from me: $41K and loaded, only 13,600 miles and boasts 25 Highway MPG and 15 City MPG! This Dodge Challenger boasts a Premium Unleaded V-8 6.4 L/392 engine powering this Automatic transmission. WHEELS: 20 X 9.0 FORGED/PAINTED ALUMINUM, TRANSMISSION: 8-SPEED AUTOMATIC 8HP70 -inc: Autostick Automatic Transmission, Tip Start, Steering Wheel Mounted Shift Control, Auto Leather Wrapped Shift Knob, TIRES: P245/45ZR20 AS PERFORMANCE.* This Dodge Challenger Features the Following Options *QUICK ORDER PACKAGE 24Y 392 HEMI SCAT PACK SHAKER -inc: Engine: 6.4L V8 SRT HEMI MDS, Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic 8HP70.

I'll go and pick it up for you Jarl for 10% of the buyer's price. Hurry, while stocks last!

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Read the first post in the thread. Keep rereading it until you comprehend it. Then and only then reply.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Get it now before Chrysler completely goes to shit.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

My last boyfriend in Montana bought a purple Challenger with the intent to impress me - just more evidence that he was so wrapped up in himself, he hadn’t bothered to get to know me in the least. The only thing I liked about the car was the color, and I’d have been far more impressed with him bringing home a Tesla, or at very least a Toyota Prius. In the boyfriend’s case, the muscle car - and most of his other toys - was also about balancing out his micropenis. In the end I was grateful for that micropenis; it’s hard to walk away from an asshole when the sex is fantastic, but it was much easier walking away when you say to yourself ‘I could possibly never have penis again, or I could have a penis I can barely feel attached to a self-centered, slacker dad who plays WoW all day - yeah, no penis is better.’ (TMI? Too bad! :lol: )

When I vacationed in Massachusetts and Maine for two weeks in 2013, Enterprise apologized for not having the compact car I’d requested and upgraded me to a silver Challenger instead for the same price. I’m not gonna lie, it was a pretty sweet car with a great sound system, and it was a blast to open it up on the highway in Maine when I finally got past the choking traffic from before the Bourne bridge to the Kennebunkport rest area. That hemi is something else, to be sure. BUT, since I spent most of the time I was driving it stuck in snarling summer traffic on Cape, around Boston and in southern Maine, what I mostly experienced was the pain of the shitty gas mileage which totally blew my planned fuel budget for the trip.

So how much money do you want to spend on fuel? Having a Challenger out in Montana where you can really open it up on the 85mph wide open roads on a regular basis is one thing, but having one where we live? Not so much.

Get a nice reliable Toyota Highlander hybrid instead. :ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

I would seriously consider suicide if the alternative was a Highlander, hybrid or not.

A Challenger gets about the same mileage as my current car.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Well then you should probably get a more fuel efficient vehicle - but it sounds like you really want a Challenger.

Hopefully that doesn’t mean you have a micropenis. :mrgreen:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

You can have your Challenger.  I'll take one of these —

And you can bray away all you want — you ain't gonna talk me out of it.  It's my m⃥i⃥d⃥-⃥l⃥i⃥f⃥e⃥ ⃥c⃥r⃥i⃥s⃥i⃥s⃥ gettin-close-to-the-end-of-my-life crisis vehicle.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

BoSoxGal wrote:Well then you should probably get a more fuel efficient vehicle - but it sounds like you really want a Challenger.

Hopefully that doesn’t mean you have a micropenis. :mrgreen:
Life is too short to drive something I hate.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Jarlaxle wrote:Hemi and 6-speed. 8-)

If you're talking about a new Challenger, you wouldn't want the base model so you'd likely need to pay $50,000 to $70,000. If that doesn't convince you to not buy it, then you should buy one.

RayThom

I want a Challenger

Post by RayThom »

Ah, the feel and smell of 797 horsepower all over your body.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Why talk you out of it? If I had the money, and the inclination, AND absolutely had to have a car with a back seat and a trunk, a Hellcat Challenger would be my... second choice. My first choice costs twice what a Hellcat retails for, though.

However I have neither the funds nor the inclination for such. I'll stick with my Datsuns.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Joe Guy wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:Hemi and 6-speed. 8-)

If you're talking about a new Challenger, you wouldn't want the base model so you'd likely need to pay $50,000 to $70,000. If that doesn't convince you to not buy it, then you should buy one.
Not new...though a new R/T 6-speed is nowhere near $50,000.

dales

Post by dales »

Crackpot wrote:Get it now before Chrysler completely goes to shit.
What CP said.

I wouldn't be caught dead driving a POS Chrysler product.

OTOH: buy the damned thing and it might make up something you see lacking in your life.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

dales wrote:
Crackpot wrote:Get it now before Chrysler completely goes to shit.
What CP said.

I wouldn't be caught dead driving a POS Chrysler product.
But you're pathetic, so nothing you say matters.
OTOH: buy the damned thing and it might make up something you see lacking in your life.
Yeah: a standard shift. (First time in 20 years I don't own one.)