I want a Challenger

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
dales

Re: I want a Challenger

Post by dales »

He asks for advice from the posters here, then bitches like a little girl when he doesn't agree with the answers.

What a maroon!

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I learned to drive a stick and probably did over 100,000 miles before I used an automatic gearbox. But automatic is now so much better than it was 30 years ago. Ferrari no longer make manuals because auto is just better at mileage and acceleration. (And a factor may well be that many [by no means all] Ferrari drivers are fat old gits who think it might help them to get laid.)

I think the chief reason for buying a manual shift nowadays would be the fact that no-one's going to steal it. The average car thief will pass (I'm talking about the US, obviously) because he can't get rid of it and he can't drive it.

When I go back to the UK (increasingly rarely these days) most rental cars are stick. You have to pay through the nose to get an auto. And I have to admit that there's a joy in driving a stick - and a connection to the road - which is missing in an auto.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I really miss driving a manual shift vehicle; it’s been 14 years since I traded in my Mazda 626 and I haven’t had opportunity to drive a stick since then. I don’t know anybody who has one anymore and in the USA you’d probably never see one for rent.

I expect it’s like riding a bike and I’d be fine to do it again anytime - but I also suspect it’s highly unlikely I’ll ever have the opportunity again. :(
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Andy--that joy is the reason to drive a stick; I've always preferred it, and driving the car rather than having it drive you. But since my BMW Z4 about 6 years back, I haven't driven a stick. I don't miss it in traffic, but otherwise do.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I suppose that when I am in the US I am either on the interstate or around town. Nothing in between. Thinking back over the last 120,000 miles that I have on the Mazda, I am guessing that literally 200 or 300 miles are on the sort of road where driving might be fun.

When I'm in the UK there are a lot more country road miles - that may be the difference.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

I drive a manual shift (10-speed semi tractor) every day, but I miss having a manual transmission in a car. I have no interest in an automatic Challenger...in that case, I'd prefer a Charger.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

wesw

Post by wesw »

y0u nly live 0nce, man.

if I c0uld aff0rd it, I w0uld buy a 65and 1/2, 442 w-30....

...and drive it every darned day.

we are 0ld en0ugh t0 av0id wrapping such beasts ar0und trees, I think....

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Are you intoxicated?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

He claims the O key on his computer doesn’t work. Just his latest stupid gimmick.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

I wonder how much Gob wants for the board. If I buy it, maybe I can flush wes.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Last edited by Jarlaxle on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Bicycle Bill wrote:You can have your Challenger.  I'll take one of these —
And I thought you didn't like Mopars.
Good luck finding one that any ten people on this board could afford if we pooled our funds. I'll take Sundays.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

MGMcAnick wrote:
Bicycle Bill wrote:You can have your Challenger.  I'll take one of these —
And I thought you didn't like Mopars.
Good luck finding one that any ten people on this board could afford if we pooled our funds. I'll take Sundays.
He doesn't...he is a trolling shitlord.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I have owned, over my lifetime, no less than six Mopar vehicles (along with two vehicles from FoMoCo, four that came from GM, and two from the Land of the Rising Sun).  My very first car back in 1976 was a 1969 Plymouth Fury III, and over the next forty-plus years I have had my name on the titles of one full-size Plymouth van (which I liked so much I even re-engined it after its original 'Slant Six' gave up the ghost), three different Dodge Tradesvan/RAM vans over something like twenty years, and one Chrysler minivan.

And I've always liked the lines of the Plymouth Superbird and its stablemate, the Dodge Charger Daytona, even as far back as 1969 when they first came out; I lean towards the ' Bird only because of the Chuck Jones-created emblem of the Road Runner holding a racing helmet which, should I ever get one, would be prominently featured on each of the spoiler's two uprights (see below).  And yes, I would prefer to have mine in Petty Blue.
I realize that these vehicles are as practical as a rubber crutch and probably as fuel-efficient as the Saturn V rocket, but remember — the NASCAR-tuned version of this vehicle was the FIRST NASCAR RACER EVER to turn a 200 mph lap .... and this was back in 1970!!!

Not to mention there is some perverse little spot in my mind where I would love to go to some of the cruisin' car shows with something like this just to show all the tricked-out riceburners with their suspension mods, their bolt-on aftermarket spoilers, and their NOS kits that no matter what they do to their cars, there is still no replacement for eight cylinders and 440 cubes of pure displacement.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

wesw

Post by wesw »

geez, I th0ught that I made a reas0nable c0mment.

excuse the fuck 0ut 0f me.

...and my 0 key is n0t w0rking, I d0n t understand the the0ry that it is a gimmick.

my nine key is fucked t00.....

what the hell d0 y0u have against me jarax?

just curi0us.

I d0n t remember if I was drunk 0r n0t when I c0mmented, but I d0n t see what was wr0ng with my c0mment either way...

please enlighten me s0 I may learn and impr0ve myself as a human being.

wesw

Post by wesw »

M0PAR is f0r girls anyway....

:nana

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:geez, I th0ught that I made a reas0nable c0mment.
(you didn't; that's what you get for trying to think without being proper trained in doing so ....)

...and my 0 key is n0t w0rking, I d0n t understand the the0ry that it is a gimmick.

You started this nonsense about your POS laptop and its keyboard in mid-August, wes.  Putting it bluntly, you dumb fuck, if you go to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army resale store you can probably find a used keyboard with a USB plug-in for around three bucks or so.  Jack that into one of the USB ports in your crapped-out laptop and — surprise! — you'll find that you have a functioning keyboard again and can start posting your cranial diarrhea without giving your posts that g00gly-eyed l00ney-t00ns l00k (and as a side effect, maybe the punctuation will suddenly start working for you again too).

You must be a real dipshit if you expect us to believe that in a month and a half you haven't been able to scrounge up enough empty beer cans to haul to the recycler to raise five bucks or so.
M0PAR is f0r girls anyway....
Ain't that the truth!  The ladies especially liked the bunk in the back of the customed-up Plymouth van!  If I had been that kind of guy, I could have had a better scoring record than anyone in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

wesw wrote:geez, I th0ught that I made a reas0nable c0mment.

what the hell d0 y0u have against me jarax?

just curi0us.

I d0n t remember if I was drunk 0r n0t when I c0mmented, but I d0n t see what was wr0ng with my c0mment either way...

please enlighten me s0 I may learn and impr0ve myself as a human being.
You are a trolling shitlord who adds nothing but shit to this forum, and you're not willing to drop ten bucks to replace your busted keyboard.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Want.

Track Pack (3.73 axle and limited slip), no sunroof, no leather, Pistol Grip shifter, spent its entire life in Texas and Oklahoma so no road salt, has headers and full Borla exhaust...aftermarket stereo is a bummer, but should be easy enough to swap for a stock head unit. Federal emission car, FWIW. Just need a set of stock wheels for winter tires. Not thrilled about black...but I can live with it.