Build a better mousetrap .....

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Build a better mousetrap .....

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Patented, BTW, by a Texan.  Why does that not surprise me, not one teeny little bit?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Re: Build a better mousetrap .....

Post by Joe Guy »

I'd hate to get my dang toe stuck in one-a them thangs.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Museum's 155-year-old mouse trap catches a fresh rodent
Some inventions stand the test of time — like this still-functioning old mouse trap
that wasn't ready to resign itself to history just yet.

The Museum of English Rural Life at the UK's University of Reading had a break-in recently (well, actually, back in 2016).  The culprit was later found dead inside one of the museum's exhibits.  This sounds like the setup for a particularly weird episode of "The Twilight Zone," but it's a real event.  The offender was actually an ill-fated mouse.

The judge, jury, and executioner was a 155-year-old mouse trap stored in the museum's archives.  The honestly named "Perpetual Mouse Trap" was made by British company Colin Pullinger & Sons and patented in 1861.  It's described as a "multi-catch live mouse trap with a see-saw mechanism."  The unfortunate mouse didn't seem to benefit from the supposed "live" aspect of the trap.
https://www.cnet.com/news/museums-155-y ... sh-rodent/
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

You get the wine.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Then there's the rest of the saying:   "...someone will create a better mouse."

-"BB"-