Car karma

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Gob

Car karma

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Joe Guy

Re: Car karma

Post by Joe Guy »

It's good to see that she showed consideration for others and wore a mask.

dales

Post by dales »

I suppose the dumb ****** doesn't realize that gas fumes are far more flammable than raw gas.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

You can put a match out in gasoline.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Crackpot wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:28 am
I don't doubt it; but I'm curious how one would go about proving that. I'm guessing that it is also on You Tube.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

It's the blast wave from the fumes exploding - that sucker is blown right out.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Canadian accents. Minus 30 outside. OK.

PS Don't try this at home!!!!! Unless of course you also have a negative 30. I'm not sure if that is F or C but down there it doesn't make a lot of difference.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:39 pm
Crackpot wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:28 am
I don't doubt it; but I'm curious how one would go about proving that. I'm guessing that it is also on You Tube.
Just have to do it in a cold enough and spacious/ventilated enough environment to prevent enough vapor from accumulating.

I have heard tale of welders welding full gas tanks finding it safer than an empty one full of fumes. That may be apocryphal tho and I’m not going to be around to witness that event.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I have done a course in underwater welding. It's kind of cool to have a oxy acetylene flame in your hand while 25 feet down. My BIL needed some help welding the bottom of his rescue MGB. He didn't find my suggestion, that he drop it in the ocean, very helpful.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

I hope she died.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:37 am
I hope she died.
Thanks for stopping in to make me look like a real sweetheart by comparison. :kiss:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Y'know, I can understand wanting to get back at someone, but committing arson in broad daylight, knowing that there are cameras everywhere and the odds of getting away with it are about the same as me (a 65-year-old, overweight white male) winning the Miss Black USA beauty pageant?

The gal just ain't right in the head.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I dunno, BB. What's your talent? :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

CP--
Just have to do it in a cold enough and spacious/ventilated enough environment to prevent enough vapor from accumulating.
as I recall, at normal ambient temperature and above, the vapor pressure of gasoline results in a mixture above its flammability limit in air and a closed system (it's why you could drop a match into a car's gas tank (at least one full enough to have liquid present) without a problem). A well ventilated room would probably dilute the vapor to bring the mixture below the lower limit, but there will be a time where the mixture would be flammable

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:05 am
Jarlaxle wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:37 am
I hope she died.
Thanks for stopping in to make me look like a real sweetheart by comparison. :kiss:
Singapore is too soft on vandals.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

+

Crackpot wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:50 pm
I have heard tale of welders welding full gas tanks finding it safer than an empty one full of fumes. That may be apocryphal tho and I’m not going to be around to witness that event.
The old-school professional welder down the road from where I did most of my growing up would ONLY weld an EMPTY fuel tank if he let the exhaust from his Model A Ford truck run into the tank for a while to displace any gasoline fumes. Knowing how much unburned gas is still in the exhaust of a pre-smog vehicle as it exits a tailpipe, I wonder how he kept from blowing up anyway.

He learned to weld at Stearman Aircraft when it was still Stearman Aircraft in the early 1930s. The company was absorbed by Boeing in 1934, so all of those WWII bi-planes we nostalgically call Stearmans are actually Boeing PT-17s. He welded on their steel tube frames.

On another note, I bought the Model A truck at his auction when he retired at 82 in 1991. He moved 150 miles away to be near his daughter. I gave $385 for it. It has a 5' hydraulic ram on the back that raises a boom that will go up to 35' in the air with all the telescoping pipe extensions installed. Except for the Ford, he built the whole thing himself. I told an engineer friend of mine that Herbert would have made an excellent engineer if he'd had more than a sixth grade education. My friend replied that it would have just messed him up. He could figure out and fabricate or fix almost anything a local farmer would bring him.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.