Stuff the environment, I want one...

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Gob

Stuff the environment, I want one...

Post by Gob »

Aston Martin says this is the most powerful road-going naturally aspirated product it has ever built and the highest performing stick-shift powertrain in the marque’s history.

Unveiled at the Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace, London, it has been inspired by the iconic Aston Martin V8 Vantage of the 1970s and '80s and the '70s DBS V8.

The unique car started life as a prototype for the One-77 hypercar - a model which launched in 2009 and just 77 production examples were made at a cost of £1.15million a piece.

That means it gets the same ultra-lightweight carbon-fibre monocoque chassis, which was originally tuned for the road instead of the track.

The powerplant is also the same 7.3-litre V12 unit from the decade-old supercar, which has been sent back to Cosworth to be tweaked to increase performance.

The 750bhp output for the One-77 has now been upped to a massive 836bhp and remains naturally aspirated.

That means it's guaranteed to make your eardrums ring for a few hours if you get too close, so loud is the engine roar.

With the motor up front, the masses of power is delivered only to the rear wheels and via a six-speed manual gearbox.

To ensure a fluffed gear change doesn't result in an almost-certain obliteration due to the endless levels of power being sent through the drivetrain, Aston Martin's Q team has wisely fitted a motorsport clutch.

And it's not just the One-77 that's turned donor for the one-off Victor.

It also inherits the suspension system from the British maker's track-only Vulcan, of which there are only 24 in the world costing in the region of £2million a piece.

The carbon-ceramic Brembo brake discs, incredible - web-like - wheels and F1-style steering wheel have also been ripped from the Vulcan project.

The muscle-bound hypercar has also taken design and aero elements from the forthcoming £3million Valkyerie - including its tail light - and even features the same vents you can find on Aston Martin's new - and first - SUV, the £158,000 DBX.

As for the shell, it's a one-off design that's heavily influenced by the '70s Vantage with power bulges in the bonnet, flared wings and a slab-sided rear end with a lipped spoiler incorporated at the back.

On the inside, the cabin is cloaked in high-grade 'Forest Green and Conker Bridge of Weir' leathers that look like they've been picked from a designer satchel.

The roof lining is Cashmere.

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Re: Stuff the environment, I want one...

Post by Crackpot »

ass end looks unfinished.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

You have to admit that 839 bhp out of 7.3 L without either supercharging or turbo is pretty good.

The boy racer steering wheel is a bit bogus. At some point you might want to back out of your parking spot at the supermarket and find yourself grasping at air. However, if you can afford one of these you probably have someone who goes to the supermarket for you.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Or you drive the Range Rover to the store. Would you want to put groceries in this lovely?

That green leather is to die for.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Looks like an arcade game inside.

And a bad knockoff of a fastback Mustang outside, except for the knockoff Pontiac wheels.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

I'd rather have this...

Yes, that is a no-shit ~600HP Ray Barton motor.

And yes...the plates really are "NUKE GM".

Gob

Post by Gob »

No one's ever accused you of having taste though, have they? :lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:18 pm
I'd rather have this...
Ain't that Dennis Weaver's old ride from the movie "Duel"?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Gob, you should have posted this and the pictures in the Eye Candy thread.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Gob wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:12 am
No one's ever accused you of having taste though, have they? :lol:
Rick Ehrenberg's "Flying Green Brick" has humbled many very expensive cars The RENN-Tech team was not amused when their $100,000+ 6 litre Mercedes E-class lost to a Plymouth Valiant.

Ehrenberg's Brick in its natural habitat...

And, of course...about 600hp.

12's in the 1/4 mile (with autocross suspension and street tires), corners at better than 1G, tops out past 160MPH, can hot-lap a roadcourse all day without a problem. Civilized enough to drive across the country. Using factory Chrysler parts down to the wheel bearing grease.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:37 am
Jarlaxle wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:18 pm
I'd rather have this...
Ain't that Dennis Weaver's old ride from the movie "Duel"?
-"BB"-
No, it's Rick Ehrenberg's 30+ year project, since he bought it from New Jersey Bell. It has been a foreman's car, a commuter, a street racer...and one of the first Pro Touring cars.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 am

Rick Ehrenberg's "Flying Green Brick" has humbled many very expensive cars The RENN-Tech team was not amused when their $100,000+ 6 litre Mercedes E-class lost to a Plymouth Valiant.
The clue is in the nick name.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Gob wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:45 am
Jarlaxle wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 am

The clue is in the nick name.
Ehrenberg calls it that...it got that nickname (and the 'NUKE GM" plates) when he was street racing it around New York City in the early 80s. He chose the 2-door sedan rather than the more stylish hardtop Swinger or Duster on purpose: the Valiant 100 is the lightest, stiffest body Chrysler built. Note that when he was building a road racer, he HAD a Duster, a factory V8 car. (The Brick started life with a six.) He built the Valiant instead.

Duster: (Actually, Dodge Demon, but the body is identical)

dales

Post by dales »

MOPAR sucks eggs.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

If I wanted your opinion, I would read it in your entrails.

dales

Post by dales »

What a silly little man.

Still doesn't change the fact that FIAT/Chrysler is rated poorly on build quality and reliability.

Read and learn a few things:https://www.hotcars.com/problems-every- ... nt-ignore/

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato