Car advertising at its best

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Car advertising at its best

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

An ad campaign built around violently killing animals. How amusing.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

That's why they didn't use the campaign. Didn't test well. Still funny though.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Not.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Yeah, the cat ad is pretty sick. Pigeon not so much. I'm glad they saw the light and didn't use them.

I remember RayThom commenting on the cat ad years ago. He liked it. He didn't like cats. His only fault IIRC.

Mrs Mc and I have been watching what we refer to as Brit cop shows on Prime. We recently finished all five seasons of Scott and Bailey and have started DCI Banks. Both are good.

Sometimes I speak with a pretty good (?) British accent while we watch. (There are those who say there is no such thing.) So I'm weird. Last week a Ford Ka was shown. I told her it was a Ka. Of course I was speaking British. Then I had to explain that Ka was the name of that model.

I don't know what research or advertising group came up with that name, but I think it was sheer genius.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

MGMcAnick wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:47 pm
Sometimes I speak with a pretty good (?) British accent while we watch. (There are those who say there is no such thing.) So I'm weird. Last week a Ford Ka was shown. I told her it was a Ka. Of course I was speaking British. Then I had to explain that Ka was the name of that model.
Works in a Boston accent too, no?

Gob

Post by Gob »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:35 pm
God, you're either a total humour free zone, or someone who actually believes that real animals, not CGI, were used, which are you?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Gob wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:03 am
BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:35 pm
God, you're either a total humour free zone, or someone who actually believes that real animals, not CGI, were used, which are you?
is "both" an option?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Virtually a given, I'd say.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’m well aware they didn’t use real animals as there are laws preventing harming animals for entertainment. The fact that the advertising campaign didn’t get used because it tested so poorly rather makes the point about how the majority of the audience feels about whether it’s amusing to watch cruelty and violence perpetrated on animals.

Many serial killers (and abusive spouses) start out amusing themselves by torturing and killing animals. I’m well aware that some humans harbor that capacity for amusement.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

This is definitely the most interesting attack on my character yet by the usual suspects here.

OH MY GOD YOU DON’T TAKE PLEASURE FROM THE REALISTIC SIMULATION OF TORTURE AND KILLING OF TOTALLY INNOCENT ANIMALS - WHAT A MONSTER YOU ARE!

:loon :roll:
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I object to the image of a dozen hooded KKK figures on a brown cake posted in the Laffs section of this board. I think it's disgusting to make a mockery of KKK violence over the years and the misery they have inflicted on our fellow citizens. Anyone who sees humo(u)r in that is sick indeed. Gob I am surprised that you allow that sort of thing.

I'd post this over there but I've forgotten the name of the thread. Gob you should probably find who posted that and let them know that I totally agree with BSG here and there is just too much of this sort of thing going on . . .

Continued page 94.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Oh how clever . . . Not. I posted the cake picture to highlight it as wildly inappropriate (and the posting in Laffs was intentionally ironic, which also appears to have been grasped by at least a few here), and a few other posters found it to be exactly that. I guess we are all humorless bitches.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... rbusiness5
the ad stays focused on its target audience - young males with a taste for sick jokes - the kind of chaps who read Loaded and Nuts
Maybe just acknowledge that you’re stuck at a maturity level that you fixate on violence as humorous and don’t pursue the rather difficult to prove (because it’s wildly untrue) notion that such ‘humor’ is normative among the larger population. Quite clearly it isn’t.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:47 am
This is definitely the most interesting attack on my character yet by the usual suspects here.
The best attack on your "character," is your every utterance here dear. This nonsense about "taking pleasure in the simulated torture and killing" for example, is just a juvenile and pathetic attempt at self justification.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Gob wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:50 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:47 am
The best attack on your "character," is your every utterance here dear.
Right; coming from a sex obsessed perpetual attacker of brown people, I’ll take that as a compliment.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:10 pm

Right; coming from a sex obsessed perpetual attacker of brown people, I’ll take that as a compliment.
Coming from someone who posts pictures of food in the "eye candy" thread, I'll take that as a compliment.

Care to show where I've "attacked" brown people dear?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Anything can be eye candy; it’s sex obsessed to assume only human bodies qualify.

There are years of attacks on what you always characterize as ‘mad PC’ as well as years of posts about nearly exclusively brown criminals etc. upon which I’ve made judgment of your character.

Leave it as we just don’t like one another, or persist. That’s on your character, as all things are.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Thank you BSG for your latest post in the Eye Candy thread.

snailgate.

Can't we all just get along?

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:27 am
Works in a Boston accent too, no?
Yeah, but the Ka isn't sold in Baastin. :D
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.