Subaru Forester towing capacity

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Burning Petard

Subaru Forester towing capacity

Post by Burning Petard »

2021 Subaru Forester towing capacity. Official and non-official sites online agree that it is between 1500 and 1800, depending on the options on the vehicle.

OK but the UNITS quoted in some places are 1500-1800 pounds and others say 1500-1800 Kilograms. BIG difference between these two units.

1500 Kilograms is about 3300 POUNDS!

any help here?

thanks, Snailgate

Jarlaxle

Re: Subaru Forester towing capacity

Post by Jarlaxle »

Check the manual.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

All I could find is that you would need the Outback or Ascent to get 3000 to 5000 lb towing capacity in the U.S. This is one of the websites that I checked out.

But it looks like the Foresters sold in Australia have a higher towing capacity.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Used to own a Forester in Australia, but never towed with it. They are great cars.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I thought you had an older outback
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Crackpot, I do not have any. I am considering a purchase of a new car, I have pretty well reduced it to the Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4 or the Subaru Forester. It will be my first with power to all four corners since I left the Army in 1963. I really loved the M151 Jeep. Too bad the nanny state decided the general public is incapable of driving them.

snailgate.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I adore my 22 year old RAV4. The newer models look nice too.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I like the RAV4 because it handles well and it's a good size. Also, I don't like giant SUVs, like the Tahoe, Suburban, etc. They seem out of place around here. Those SUVs belong out away from the city and suburbs in the country with a large family that has about 6 kids and 3 or 4 dogs and possibly a couple grandparents that like to be hauled around. Other than a pickup truck, I wouldn't want or need anything bigger than a RAV4 and nobody else should either!

The newer RAVs are larger than the early 2000 models but they are still just as easy to maneuver as the older ones. I noticed a while back that they've taken the spare tire off of outside the back door and put it inside and that's probably kinda good because it looks a little better.

And they're Toyotas. Probably the most dependable car made today.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

The best thing about my 1st generation RAV4 is the wheelbase - it turns on a dime and handles great. The worst thing is the light weight/high profile, which made it a bitch to handle in the high winds driving across the plains of the Midwest and mountain West, and when it is occasionally very gusty here during a nor’easter or when a bitch like Ida blows through.

I’m not a big fan of the front end styling of the current generation, but if I had the money I’d probably buy one. I only say probably because a Highlander EV would also be very tempting if I had the money. When Reva RAV finally dies I hope to buy a used Toyota EV, unless I have worked out by then how to live without a vehicle altogether.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I'm approaching 40,000 miles on my 2019 RAV4 hybrid (which I bought new) and I still love it. It's neither too big nor too small; it was the perfect size for our 2-month, 11,000-mile Alaska trip two years ago, and my wife and I even managed to sleep in it a couple of times—not really comfortable TBH but doable, and we made do. It has AWD but it's really not a true off-road vehicle; however, it could certainly handle almost any dirt road you'd want to point it down, and just about any weather, and gets an honest 40-45 mpg in the summer and never less than 35 mpg even in the worst of the sub-zero Midwest winter. If I were thinking about buying one today I'd definitely go for the RAV4 Prime, the plug-in hybrid version which can go for ~42 miles in full-electric mode without needing the gasoline engine at all; in normal day-to-day driving around town I'd hardly ever have to buy gas, but there would still be plenty of range in hybrid mode for any future long, long road trip.

Oh, and the towing capacity of mine (and the current RAV4 hybrid) is 1750 lbs.; the gasoline-only version can tow only 1500 lbs.; and the RAV4 Prime is rated to tow 2500 lbs. You'll have to ask someone else about the Forester.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

While it is improving over previous models there are a few design choices and styling cues in the RAV4 that leave little to be desired.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.