He's got a small car...

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Gob

He's got a small car...

Post by Gob »

Met this geezer down Land's End, when I was there on my dog walk last night. He's just completed a charity run in that car, all the way down from John O'Groats. Fair play to him.
IMG_1921.jpg
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

ex-khobar Andy

Re: He's got a small car...

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Reminds me of the Messerschmitt KR200 which you could still see occasionally on UK roads in the 70s. I don't know if any still exist.

I just looked up the dimensions. The KR200 is much bigger and also much faster.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Nope.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I would really prefer a small car, the smaller the better. But I must be a severe outlier because smaller cars as seen by manufacturers as for the low bucks market. Even the one made by Mercedes (Smart car) is a cheaply designed and made piece of junk, despite the fact the window sticker price in America includes the Mercedes Benz automatic surcharge The BMW Mini is on many lists for poor reliability.

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I will drive a very small car only when they are the only vehicles on the road. In the meantime I prefer something with some capacity to survive a crash at speed. As it is the smaller SUV crossovers like mine are not much protection, and the roads are full of nuts and just truly awful drivers too. The older I get the less I like my odds - the wide open roads are one thing I really miss about Montana!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

He probably has a really big dick and therefore doesn't feel the need to compensate with a more impressive car.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Scooter wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:46 am
He probably has a really big dick and therefore doesn't feel the need to compensate with a more impressive car.
Maybe, but if you read the article he does seem to have a thing about showing off his bagpipe.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

All bagpipe players have big dicks. It's a rule.

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Scooter wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:38 am
You may be right. In fact, it looks like that pipe at the bottom might require the player's dick to be attached in order to play low notes.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Gob wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:13 am
Met this geezer down Land's End, when I was there on my dog walk last night. He's just completed a charity run in that car, all the way down from John O'Groats. Fair play to him.

IMG_1921.jpg
Are you sure that’s not just a four-wheeled motorcycle with a body? I think they called them quadsters or something like that.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It isn't a four-wheeled anything. Did they not teach how to count during your summa cum laude associate's degree from the University of East Butt Crack?

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

You’d think that even 20 minutes driving that thing would leave the kid twisted up like a pretzel. :shrug

I guess I recall being flexible like that once upon a time.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It looks like it could tip over easily.
liberty wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:19 am
Are you sure that’s not just a four-wheeled motorcycle with a body? I think they called them quadsters or something like that.
The steering wheel doesn't count as a wheel. It has three tyres (I'm speaking British).

And I bet you're thinking about a quaddriver, which is not something I trust or believe in and would never associate with.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Definite correlation with big dicks

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

That actually is a very good introduction to the car. Peel P50. Puts the OP into context.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Scooter wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:46 am
That remind me of one of my favorite ads; an ad for for Mini (I couldn't find it on you tube), which i saw in England--I'm not sure it ever came to the US; three or four men (obviously pantless) were standing behind waist high curtains and a woman peeked behind the curtains and guessed what car they dorve(obviously based on penis size). She started with "Ferrari Testarosa", "Porsche", etc. until she came to the last man--when she recoiled in amazement, leaving the curtain open; the camera panned to the film crew (also expressing shock) and then to the man's smiling face with the legend, "Mini. When you have nothing to prove."

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Three wheels, at least in USofA makes it a motorcycle, not a car. Thus much less legal requirements. This is now exploited by many small builders here. See many that look from the front just like a nice roadster sportscar but with one wide tire and wheel at the rear. The single headlight should have been a give-away that it is not a car. By the way, ex-khobar, back in the summer of 1972, there was a Messerschmidt regularly in the parking lot where I worked (in Northern Delaware, USA) but never managed to see who was driving it.

snailgate

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Big RR brought this NSFJ* to mind:

*Not suitable for Joes
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Burning Petard wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:33 pm
Three wheels, at least in USofA makes it a motorcycle, not a car. Thus much less legal requirements. This is now exploited by many small builders here. See many that look from the front just like a nice roadster sportscar but with one wide tire and wheel at the rear. The single headlight should have been a give-away that it is not a car. By the way, ex-khobar, back in the summer of 1972, there was a Messerschmidt regularly in the parking lot where I worked (in Northern Delaware, USA) but never managed to see who was driving it.

snailgate
That configuration is much more staple than the “Trike” variant
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Scooter wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:38 am
I've always loved this Aussie anti-speeding campaign advert.