Here's a nice problem to have.

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
MGMcAnick

Here's a nice problem to have.

Post by MGMcAnick »

So your boyfriend is 6'5" tall, and you have a billion dollars to spend. So you sold you "old" jet so you can buy one with more headroom and Tokyo to Las Vegas range.

Life's tough ain't it?

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/tay ... wl-flight/
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Big RR

Re: Here's a nice problem to have.

Post by Big RR »

Tough? Yeah, but good for her investing that much money in buying a US product; she could be following the US airlines in buying an airbus. I worked for a company where we negotiated for and bought a Falcon jet (a 50 as I recall). Some non--US suppliers were considered, but management pushed for a US supplier (the customizing was done in the US as well).

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Thanks MG, I guess I am wrong. As I recall, they were (at least in the 80s) made in Arkansas or Tennessee, but now I am not sure. In the words of Emily Litella--"Never mind."

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Interesting, from what I've been able to find out, in the 70s (or thereabouts) Falcon bought a factory/hanger area near Little Rock to be used to retrofit Falcon jets; apparently, Federal Express (based in Memphis) used a lot of Falcon jets so the location made a lot of sense. I guess that's why I thought it was a US brand (that and the couple of execs on the team who described it as one)--I think the contract address was also this one. But it appears that they are a French company and the unadorned planes are built in France and, at least then, finalized in the US. Thanks MG, just goes to prove that you're never too old to learn something.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Big RR, it looks like they are still at it, and getting more so.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/202 ... -facility/

Unfortunately Cessna has nothing to compare to the larger Falcon jets, or Tay Tay could've bought locally.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Surprised about the absence here of any comment about the game yesterday. So I m gonna throw in my observation, which is worth just what you are paying for it.

Opening ceremony: I liked the 'straight' version of the Star Spangled Banner. I am still beating that dead horse about the big curflufel over the Quarterback who kneeled during the singing. Such a horrible thing he had to be banned from the game forever. Meanwhile (as he would say on the late show, MEANWHILE.) out on the field that flag itself was displayed yet again in blatant violation of the USCode rules on display of the flag. It is never to be displayed flat except on a coffin. Before that was the singing of 'My Country Tis ofThee' and "Lift Every Voice and Sing' which was so offensive that Trumpers had to boycott watching the game.

I was dismayed by the stupid mistakes by the Chiefs. Seems they have to play half a game before they figure out it is time to get their heads out of their ass and into the game. Slapping an opposition player in the face after a play is over and a ref is right at your shoulder? TS's boyfriend shoving the coach? And I guess I have been spoiled by his brother, center for the Philly Eagles. The center for the Chiefs forces the game MVP to dig the ball out of the dirt, MORE Than Once ! ! ! This is the best the NFL can put together for the beeg show?

The big finale; the Chiefs win it with the same play they used to put away the Eagles last year.

Your results may vary.

snailgate

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Aircraft registered on the island of Malta have tail numbers beginning with 9H.

A VistaJet private jet, dubbed “The Football Era,” with the tail number 9H-VTD, was thought by online sleuths to have Taylor Swift aboard. The chartered Falcon 900 arrived at LAX in plenty of time for TS to make the game in Las Vegas.

Wouldn't "Maltese Falcon" have been a better name than “The Football Era"?