Road rage

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Aard Vark

Re: Road rage

Post by Aard Vark »

All I can say is "I love my F@#King big dogs"
The boys and I taking the pups for a run and get cut off in town. I hit the brakes and give the dick a parping. AT the next set of lights we are beside the dick and his mates. One opens with "what's up your arse? Loud enough to wake up the dogs, Mastiffs will have a bark at anything that wakes them up.

Ever see three dickheads in an old V8 Holden shit themselves?
My reply was " not as much as your going to get if I let these off."

Road Rage is something people do because they feel safe in thier little tin box and think they can do what they like. I will admit to carpark rage. Hate trying to park in big shopping centers but that will take us back to the parking thread.

One more thing I noticed is the number of people that will threten others who can't fight back eg mums with small children, older drivers or if there are a few with the rager lone drivers.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Liz has taken to caarrying a pound of roofing nails & a small bottle of brake fluid in her console...she started when she rode a motorcycle & continues in her Metro.

dales

Post by dales »

Snack Food?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Ammunition!

dales

Post by dales »

Brake fluid and nails for ammo?

How does that work?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

40+MPH and an upward and backward toss out the window (or the open top on her Blazer).

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

She registered with the Guild of Calamitous Intent yet?

dales

Post by dales »

Nails and brake fluid?

PHOOEY! :nana

yrs,
rubato

SisterMaryFellatio

Post by SisterMaryFellatio »

Crackpot wrote:So I'm out running errands and I'm making a left hand turn into the middle lane of a five lane road to merge into traffic. I quickly check my mirrors and blindspot before merging into traffic. Apparently I missed something because I hear a horn (a little longer than needed) and sure enough there's a car coming up along/behind me. I swerve back in to the middle lane as I notice that this guy held the lane tight even though the next lane is open. It doesn't matter mea culpa.

Time passes and I eventually come up along side this guy he honks his horn at me. Yeah I had a suspicion this was that guy. I ignore him. Dipshit then cuts me off. I give him the bird. He flips it back. I give him the knuckle shuffle. He flips the bird again. I respond in kind.

During this time I'm thinking it probably isn't wise to antagonize this asshole but I can't resist. Especially since I can tell it's getting under his skin. (I'm sure you've noticed that I love antagonizing assholes especially when it's over something that I really don't care/not going to get worked up about)

I turn into my next destination asshole goes on his way.

What would have you done different/what have you done in similar circumstances?

lol Gob I hear ya.....Would have got out at the lights with blatent disregard of all traffic behind me and proceed to ask the fuckwit Did HE get his license (its always a he) in a fuckin lucky dip? I get that blind sided with rage as Sean can attest to. If i happen to have The Pud in the car I pull along side said male prick of a driver and laugh like a drain at him this causes them to get madder and madder and madder and me to laugh harder and harder!!

One day i will get clobbered!

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

We would all be better off if we worried less about "road rage" and more about the people whose driving causes it.
Reason is valuable only when it performs against the wordless physical background of the universe.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

When someone is behind my work truck on a hill, there isn't a damned thing I can do...elementary physics means that a 250HP engine hauling a 33,000lb truck is going to climb hills slowly, especially from a standing start. And get as pissed as you want, I'm not going to be the idiot going 60MPH in a snowstorm!

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

Jarlaxle wrote:When someone is behind my work truck on a hill, there isn't a damned thing I can do...
Get a different truck.
Reason is valuable only when it performs against the wordless physical background of the universe.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Well, since he's driving a truck that belongs to his employer, what you're saying is that Jarl should get a different job? But of course that wouldn't solve the problem...because whoever is hired to replace him would wind up having to slowly drive that same 250HP/33,000lb. truck up that same hill....
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Actually, it doesn't even belong to my employer...it belongs to Ryder (we lease trucks). It's the highest-power box truck in the fleet...the others are 210, 220, or 240HP. We also have semis that top out over 65,000lbs with 300HP engines.

Heck, I've seen 175HP engines powering 60,000lb beer haulers!

dales

Post by dales »

Here's a winner:

Yesterday I waited at a dedicated left turn signal. Eventually I got a green left arrow.

Two people chose to cross in front of my car at that very instant the light turned green (thereby crossing AGAINST the light in their direction).

Genius behind me lays on the horn believing I should have run them down.

Needless to say, I was NOT amused.

:arg.........ashwhole!

yrs,
rubato

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

It doesn't matter who owns the truck. Vehicles that cannot travel on public roadways without impeding the flow of traffic should not be allowed on public roadways at all.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

My truck is a fairly typical 26' box truck, a 2007 Freightliner M2 like tens of thousands on the road. Mine is on the HIGH end of the horsepower spectrum, with a 7.2 litre Caterpillar diesel with 250HP. This is actually a VERY high power rating for a 7.2 Cat in an M2...most are 210 or 220HP, some lower, a very few--mostly 10-wheelers, RV haulers, & semi tractors--higher (I think the 7.2 Cat tops out at ~330HP in motorhomes). To match even an underpowered car's weight:power ratio, my 33,000lb GVWR truck would need a massive power boost. 15lbs per HP is by no means powerful (similar to a new V6 Charger, a Crown Victoria, or a fullsized pickup with a base V8 engine), but that ratio in my M2 would require more than TWO THOUSAND HORSEPOWER. Even 50lbs per HP would require a massive 660HP engine, which is MORE power than most OTR tractor-trailers. (The king of the hill there being the Cummins ISX and Caterpillar C15, both with about 625-650HP.)

Your ridiculous statement rules out...

Motorhomes.
Many economy cars. (Liz's Metro is about 18 seconds 0-60)
Almost any class 6. 7, or 8 truck.
Many pickups/SUV's/vans towing large trailers.
Any farm implement.
Most buses.
All transit buses.
All school buses.
4-cylinder/automatic Jeep Wranglers.
Old VW Beetles.
Old VW Microbuses.
Any concrete mixer truck (many top 100,000lbs--20K HEAVIER than a large OTR semi--never seen one over 500HP, many have <250HP, I've seen 75,000lbs and 170HP).
Any large dump truck.
Any trash truck.

You really have no clue what you're blathering about, do you. (That's not a question.)

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

Jarlaxle wrote: [blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah] That's not a question.
Of course it's not. You already know the answer, and you're afraid of it.

Stick to your pathetic fantasies of having a wife. The real world has no place for you.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Yet again, when proven that he has no clue what he is spewing horseshit about, Ange flails around like an epileptic pissing on an electric fence, thrashing and flailing hoping to stumble upon a point.

Yet again, you pathetic fool, you really have no clue what you're blathering about.

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

Jarlaxle wrote: Your ridiculous statement rules out...

4-cylinder/automatic Jeep Wranglers.
I drive one of those. When doing so, I do not impede the flow of traffic.

Unsurprisingly, it turns out that, yet again, Jarlaxle is completely full of shit.

No one is surprised.