Instant parking fine, just add lines..

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Gob

Instant parking fine, just add lines..

Post by Gob »

A baffled motorist was left fuming after returning to her parked car to find double yellow lines painted either side of it - and a parking ticket slapped on the windscreen. Bungling parking officials fined June Williams yesterday despite road markings only being painted round her vehicle after she had parked.

Debt collector Mrs Williams, 58, said she has parked in the same spot on Mondays and Tuesdays near work in Wolverhampton for 18 months. But when she left her Mitsubishi Challenger in her usual spot and returned to her car after work at 4.30pm, she found newly painted double yellow lines had been painted up to her front wheels - then restarted behind her car's boot.

To cap the bizarre episode, she was slapped with a £70 fine on her windscreen - but is refusing to pay it.

The mother of two, from Wolverhampton, who had never received a parking fine before, said: 'I'm absolutely gobsmacked. There's no way I should have to pay and I will fight it

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0ngZwN300
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Re: Instant parking fine, just add lines..

Post by The Hen »

The fine can't stand. She is NOT parked next to double yellow lines. Any fule can see that.
Bah!

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

It might if the traffic court "judges" there are as stupid/corrupt as the ones here. If so...she's fucked. Multiply the fine by at least 15 for what it will eventually end up costing her.
Treat Gaza like Carthage.

Miles

Post by Miles »

I'm glad to see that there are other places, outside of redneck central (here), that common sense has been abandoned. :nana
I expect to go straight to hell...........at least I won't have to spend time making new friends.

tyro

Post by tyro »

[Way off topic]
'I'm absolutely gobsmacked
With a bit of imagination, I should think that we could come up with a useful application for that term.

Run afoul (a fowl) of Plan B and you will be gobsmacked.

Hey! We warned you
A sufficiently copious dose of bombast drenched in verbose writing is lethal to the truth.