A bit fast

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Gob

A bit fast

Post by Gob »

There are fast cars. There are powerful cars. And then there’s this.
German company RSC says it is working on a hypercar that has a claimed 0-600km/h time – yes, 600km/h – of 7.0 seconds. It can also apparently get to 300 km/h in the same amount of time it takes a Nissan GT-R or Porsche 911 Turbo S to get to 100km/h.

RSC has reportedly been working on its upcoming radical racer since 2009, with a concept version of the car set to be unveiled at the Top Marques Monaco automotive expo in April 2012. So far, however, the brand has released just one teaser image of the new vehicle.

Advertisement: Story continues below The RSC website states the car will be powered by a 5.2-litre, quad-turbocharged, eight-rotor rotary engine producing 2089kW of power and 3494Nm of torque – or roughly five times the power and torque of a 911 Turbo S.

The site’s specifications sheet claims the engine will be mounted behind the seats, with power sent to all four wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission.

With such dramatic claimed outputs, it comes as no surprise that RSC is boasting some eye-wateringly quick sprint times, too, including a bottom-blistering 0-100km/h time of just 0.9 seconds.
According to the website, the car will make it to production late in 2012, with a maximum of 12 units per year allowing the brand to “fulfil our high pretence to exclusiveness”.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/worl ... 1jhw3.html
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Re: A bit fast

Post by The Hen »

That doesn't look like a car. That looks like Batman's couch.
Bah!

dales

Post by dales »

"crotch"?

Oh, sorry.....my reading glasses slipped.

:o

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

quaddriver

Post by quaddriver »

is it?
A top fuel dragster accelerates from a standstill to 100 mph (160 km/h) in as little as 0.7 seconds (less than one fifth the time required by a production Porsche 911 Turbo to reach 60 mph) and can exceed 280 mph (450 km/h) in just 660 feet (0.2 km). This acceleration subjects the driver to an average force of about 4.0 G over the duration of the race.
TF/D cars are forced to hit the brakes after 1/4 mile, let em keep going and I bet those 7000hp engines get better than 372mpg in 7 seconds.

In other words, plenty of people have been there done that speed wise.

what would be interesting is to see how they intend to handle aero loads.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Actually, they only run 1000' now, not 1/4 mile (1320').

As for this thing...I'll believe it when I see it. Considering what it took to get the first stock-bodied car (a very streamlined Firebird) to 300MPH (IIRC, it had a huge BB Chevy making close to 1500HP) without taking off and doing a triple-gainer, I have my doubts.