California registered cars, new bling

Cars, Bikes, Airplanes, "bicycles" spelled correctly, Tools and Toys.
Gob

California registered cars, new bling

Post by Gob »

number plates by McDonalds?
California is weighing whether to allow advert-broadcasting digital number plates on vehicles, in a bid to raise revenue for the cash-strapped state.

Drivers could select messages to display and could earn rewards from advertisers that pay the state.

The state senate is considering a bill to allow research into the move.

At least one firm, in San Francisco, is developing an electronic number plate that would scroll adverts while a car is stopped at lights and in congestion.

The company, Smart Plate, holds a patent on the technology but has yet to produce a demonstration model.

"We're just trying to find creative ways of generating additional revenues," said Democratic Senator Curren Price of Los Angeles, who introduced the legislation to explore whether to adopt the new plates.

"It's an exciting marriage of technology with need, and an opportunity to keep California in the forefront."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and ... 368899.stm
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

loCAtek

Re: California registered cars, new bling

Post by loCAtek »

Oh please God no... they've already slap-dithered McDonald's™ Logos all over the light rail cars. No, I don't mean a discrete advert on the side; I mean those wraparound ads that envelope the whole friggin' trolley car!

Whoever thought of that, should be hung, drawn and quartered! :evil:

dales

Post by dales »

This is one of the more stupid ideas originating out of Sacto (an that's says alot)! :?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

Wouldn't it lead to accidents with people trying to read each others number plates?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

@meric@nwom@n

Post by @meric@nwom@n »

I want one I can make say, "Get off my bumper asshole!"

Gob

Post by Gob »

@meric@nwom@n wrote:I want one I can make say, "Get off my bumper asshole!"
I've always wanted a lit sign in the back window of my car which flashed; "This is Australia, we drive on the left!" at elderly buggers crawling up the right hand lane of our roads, as they may need to turn right within ten miles or so...

Andrew D

Post by Andrew D »

How about a lighted sign that says "This is Australia; we still haven't caught up with the developed world"?
Reason is valuable only when it performs against the wordless physical background of the universe.

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

How about one that if you cut someone off, it automatically changes to,

"YES! I am an asshole!"