The Waters Of Mars

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
Lord Jim

The Waters Of Mars

Post by Lord Jim »

(Daze and RB will know where that subject line came from... ;) )
Liquid water exists on Mars, boosting hopes for life there, NASA says

(CNN)Potentially life-giving water still flows across the ancient surface of Mars from time to time, NASA scientists said Monday in revealing a potential breakthrough in both the search for life beyond Earth and human hopes to one day travel there.

While the discovery doesn't by itself offer evidence of life on Mars, either past or present, it does boost hopes that the harsh landscape still offers some refuge for microbes to cling to existence.

"The existence of liquid water, even if it is super salty briny water, gives the possibility that if there's life on Mars, that we have a way to describe how it might survive," said John Grunsfeld, associate administrator for the Science Mission Directorate at NASA.
More here:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/28/us/mars-n ... ouncement/
ImageImageImage

dales

Re: The Waters Of Mars

Post by dales »

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Bottled at French Lick Springs, Indiana....
I really don't want to know how that town got it's name... :?
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

It is a name indeed.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Ask Larry Byrd.
GAH!

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/09/2 ... quote]RUSH LIMBAUGH: There's so much fraud. Snerdly came in today 'what's this NASA news, this NASA news is all exciting.' I said yeah they found flowing water up there. 'No kidding! Wow! Wow!' Snerdly said 'flowing water!?' I said 'why does that excite you? What, are you going there next week? What's the big deal about flowing water on Mars?' 'I don't know man but it's just it's just wow!' I said 'you know what, when they start selling iPhones on Mars, that's when it'll matter to me.' I said 'what do you think they're gonna do with this news?' I said 'look at the temperature data, that has been reported by NASA, has been made up, it's fraudulent for however many years, there isn't any warming, there hasn't been for 18.5 years. And yet, they're lying about it. They're just making up the amount of ice in the North and South Poles, they're making up the temperatures, they're lying and making up false charts and so forth. So what's to stop them from making up something that happened on Mars that will help advance their left-wing agenda on this planet?' And Snerdly paused 'oh oh yeah you're right.' You know, when I play golf with excellent golfers, I ask them 'does it ever get boring playing well? Does it ever get boring hitting shot after shot where you want to hit it?' And they all look at me and smile and say 'never.' Well folks, it never gets boring being right either. Like I am. But it doesn't mean it is any less frustrating. Being right and being alone is a challenging existence. OK so there's flowing water on Mars. Yip yip yip yahoo. You know me, I'm science 101, big time guy, tech advance it, you know it, I'm all in. But, NASA has been corrupted by the current regime. I want to find out what they're going to tell us. OK, flowing water on Mars. If we're even to believe that, what are they going to tell us that means? That's what I'm going to wait for. Because I guarantee, let's just wait and see, this is September 28, let's just wait and see. Don't know how long it's going to take, but this news that there is flowing water on Mars is somehow going to find its way into a technique to advance the leftist agenda. I don't know what it is, I would assume it would be something to do with global warming and you can -- maybe there was once an advanced civilization. If they say they found flowing water, next they're going to find a graveyard.[/quote] :offs: :roll: :evil: :shrug :arg :barf
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Econo:

Just as you are irritated by large pictures that are posted, I find long text posts without paragraph breaks at least as off-putting... 8-)

I'm sure that this is the original format in which you found this passage. I sometimes find things I want to post in this run-on format as well, but when I do, I put in my own appropriate paragraph breaks as a courtesy to the readers... ;)

I'll do this one for you:
RUSH LIMBAUGH: There's so much fraud. Snerdly came in today 'what's this NASA news, this NASA news is all exciting.' I said yeah they found flowing water up there. 'No kidding! Wow! Wow!' Snerdly said 'flowing water!?' I said 'why does that excite you? What, are you going there next week? What's the big deal about flowing water on Mars?' 'I don't know man but it's just it's just wow!'

I said 'you know what, when they start selling iPhones on Mars, that's when it'll matter to me.' I said 'what do you think they're gonna do with this news?' I said 'look at the temperature data, that has been reported by NASA, has been made up, it's fraudulent for however many years, there isn't any warming, there hasn't been for 18.5 years. And yet, they're lying about it.

They're just making up the amount of ice in the North and South Poles, they're making up the temperatures, they're lying and making up false charts and so forth. So what's to stop them from making up something that happened on Mars that will help advance their left-wing agenda on this planet?' And Snerdly paused 'oh oh yeah you're right.'

You know, when I play golf with excellent golfers, I ask them 'does it ever get boring playing well? Does it ever get boring hitting shot after shot where you want to hit it?' And they all look at me and smile and say 'never.' Well folks, it never gets boring being right either. Like I am. But it doesn't mean it is any less frustrating. Being right and being alone is a challenging existence.

OK so there's flowing water on Mars. Yip yip yip yahoo. You know me, I'm science 101, big time guy, tech advance it, you know it, I'm all in. But, NASA has been corrupted by the current regime. I want to find out what they're going to tell us. OK, flowing water on Mars. If we're even to believe that, what are they going to tell us that means?

That's what I'm going to wait for. Because I guarantee, let's just wait and see, this is September 28, let's just wait and see. Don't know how long it's going to take, but this news that there is flowing water on Mars is somehow going to find its way into a technique to advance the leftist agenda. I don't know what it is, I would assume it would be something to do with global warming and you can -- maybe there was once an advanced civilization. If they say they found flowing water, next they're going to find a graveyard.
See how much more readable that is? :ok
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

11:16 p.m.: Back from commercial break. Noah acknowledges that everyone keeps asking if he’s going to bring more of an international perspective to the show, but no — he’s going to bring an interplanetary perspective.

He shows a clip of Jake Tapper talking about scientists finding free-flowing water on Mars. “Great news for NASA, depressing news for California. Don’t worry, California,” Noah says. “They’ll find water on you too, someday.”

11: 17 p.m.: Roy Wood Jr., Senior Mars Correspondent, is reporting from NASA, but does not care about this announcement. “Leave Mars alone!” he says. “The universe is like an apartment complex, okay? And NASA is just going around knocking on random doors letting themselves in. What, because the faucet works?”

Noah notes that this means people could live on Mars someday. “A brother can’t catch a cab — you think we can a spaceship?!” Wood asks incredulously. “Black people ain’t going to Mars! That includes you, Trevor!”
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Lord Jim wrote:Econo:

Just as you are irritated by large pictures that are posted, I find long text posts without paragraph breaks at least as off-putting... 8-)

I'm sure that this is the original format in which you found this passage. I sometimes find things I want to post in this run-on format as well, but when I do, I put in my own appropriate paragraph breaks as a courtesy to the readers... ;)

I'll do this one for you:
RUSH LIMBAUGH: There's so much fraud. Snerdly came in today 'what's this NASA news, this NASA news is all exciting.' I said yeah they found flowing water up there. 'No kidding! Wow! Wow!' Snerdly said 'flowing water!?' I said 'why does that excite you? What, are you going there next week? What's the big deal about flowing water on Mars?' 'I don't know man but it's just it's just wow!'

I said 'you know what, when they start selling iPhones on Mars, that's when it'll matter to me.' I said 'what do you think they're gonna do with this news?' I said 'look at the temperature data, that has been reported by NASA, has been made up, it's fraudulent for however many years, there isn't any warming, there hasn't been for 18.5 years. And yet, they're lying about it.

They're just making up the amount of ice in the North and South Poles, they're making up the temperatures, they're lying and making up false charts and so forth. So what's to stop them from making up something that happened on Mars that will help advance their left-wing agenda on this planet?' And Snerdly paused 'oh oh yeah you're right.'

You know, when I play golf with excellent golfers, I ask them 'does it ever get boring playing well? Does it ever get boring hitting shot after shot where you want to hit it?' And they all look at me and smile and say 'never.' Well folks, it never gets boring being right either. Like I am. But it doesn't mean it is any less frustrating. Being right and being alone is a challenging existence.

OK so there's flowing water on Mars. Yip yip yip yahoo. You know me, I'm science 101, big time guy, tech advance it, you know it, I'm all in. But, NASA has been corrupted by the current regime. I want to find out what they're going to tell us. OK, flowing water on Mars. If we're even to believe that, what are they going to tell us that means?

That's what I'm going to wait for. Because I guarantee, let's just wait and see, this is September 28, let's just wait and see. Don't know how long it's going to take, but this news that there is flowing water on Mars is somehow going to find its way into a technique to advance the leftist agenda. I don't know what it is, I would assume it would be something to do with global warming and you can -- maybe there was once an advanced civilization. If they say they found flowing water, next they're going to find a graveyard.
See how much more readable that is? :ok
Either way makes the idiot sensor in my head burn red hot. He almost makes Liberty sound lucid.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I did find that quote in exactly the form that I posted it. I considered doing what you did there, Jim (thanks!), but decided that spending that much time in the midst of Rush Limbaugh's words would make me feel extremely dirty, and I didn't have time to take a shower...
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

kmccune

Post by kmccune »

I left Mr.Limbaughs audience a long time ago,I dont believe he understands what science is,

kristina

Post by kristina »

I dunno. I think he understands, and doesn't care, because he can make so much more money pretending not to understand.

wesw

Post by wesw »

oh that s the bad part, limpballs is smart, Kristina is right he is just intellectually dishonest.

he takes the truth and twists it and turns it and distorts it until it is anti truth

I try to listen to all views and make my own decisions I try to listen to my political and actual enemies so that I may understand them better.

...but I can t stomach Limbaugh, I try , every once in a while, to listen to him while I putter about the yard or garage but I just can t.

if I did I would get physically ill. and angry, at him. I don t want to waste my time or energy.

Rachel madcow makes me feel a similar way and she is a similar type of commentator..., common, dead common. ....but limpballs is the master of deception. gah!!!

wesw

Post by wesw »

random thought. does anyone in America say "common" anymore? I grew up in a time and place where such words were used.

as in , "that is a common son of a bitch there..."

maybe that s why I like the old british shows..., they talk and act like the people I knew when I was young, the older folks.

I listen to fools and horse, and summer wine, and open all hours and it s like old home week...

sorry, back to mars..., still red?

an earlier civilization there isn t so far fetched is it?

liberty

Post by liberty »

kmccune wrote:I left Mr.Limbaughs audience a long time ago,I dont believe he understands what science is,
Science is a system where the one can be right and the nimiety nine can be wrong. A scientific fact is something that can be proven through experimentation to be true beyond a reasonable doubt. I see nothing in rush’s comments to indicate that he does not believe in science. I see his distrust of liberals and liberal scientist have demonstrated scientific dishonesty in the past.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

A scientific fact is something that can be proven through experimentation to be true beyond a reasonable doubt.
I call bullshit!

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
A scientific fact is something that can be proven through experimentation to be true beyond a reasonable doubt.
I call bullshit!

http://www.newsweek.com/there-no-such-thing-race-283123
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

kmccune

Post by kmccune »

' Science is an organized body of knowledge,with methods of adding too and modifying,the body of knowledge"
But,that being said,yesterdays science and theories are are in a continual state of flux.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I think "doubt" is a vital part of science. If not for "doubt" it would be "faith" and that's not at all the same thing. (And I'm a firm believer in doubting faith, come to that)

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

oh that s the bad part, limpballs is smart, Kristina is right he is just intellectually dishonest.

he takes the truth and twists it and turns it and distorts it until it is anti truth

And yet you say, "vote Trump!".... :shrug :?
ImageImageImage