Evil weasel

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
Gob

Evil weasel

Post by Gob »

The Large Hadron Collider particle accelerator at Cern is offline after a short circuit - caused by a weasel.

The unfortunate creature did not survive the encounter with a high-voltage transformer at the site near Geneva in Switzerland.

The LHC was running when a "severe electrical perturbation" occurred in the early hours of Friday morning.
360-degree tour of Cern's Large Hadron Collider

A spokesman for Cern said that the weasel did not get into the tunnels, just the electrical facilities.

Arnaud Marsollier told the BBC that it would take a few days to repair the damage caused by the weasel's visit.

He added that while it was, fortunately, not every day that an animal affected the equipment, it was not that surprising as the research facility is in the countryside.

In 2009 the LHC was taken out by what was suspected to be a bird, though no remains were found.

Such "small issues" with the equipment were all part of the running of the LHC, Mr Marsollier said, and experts were used to carrying out repairs.

Cern's own report on the incident says that the weasel got into a 66kV transformer. The transformer connections were damaged.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

RayThom

Evil Weasel

Post by RayThom »

(((POP!))) goes the weasel, I suppose.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Evil weasel

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

God particle found! Creature created!

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Evil weasel

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:God particle found! Creature created!

What do you get if you cross a lying politician with a crooked lawyer?
Chelsea Clinton.
———————————
"I tried to breed a rat with a politician."
"What did you get?"
"Nothing.  There are some things that even a rat won't do."
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?