Back me up

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
Gob

Back me up

Post by Gob »

Some software advice please?

I've just bought a backup hard drive (4 TB) which I'd like to use to save copies of my more ephemeral files, such as .mp3, .wav, .jpeg, .CR2, .rns, etc.

Is there a bit of software which will automatically save such files to a folder on an (USB3 connected,) external drive?

If not automatically, then one which will search drives daily/weekly or so, and back up any nominated file types?

Many thanks in advance,
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

RayThom

Back me up

Post by RayThom »

Gob wrote:Some software advice please?
I've just bought a backup hard drive (4 TB) which I'd like to use to save copies of my more ephemeral files, such as .mp3, .wav, .jpeg, .CR2, .rns, etc.
Is there a bit of software which will automatically save such files to a folder on an (USB3 connected,) external drive?
If not automatically, then one which will search drives daily/weekly or so, and back up any nominated file types?
Many thanks in advance.
Gob, maybe you've checked the site linked below already but, without my reading it in its entirety, it seems to mention what you're looking for. Regardless, I'm sure your query isn't the only one so I'm confident you'll find a software app. How much do you want to pay for it?

http://www.backup-utility.com/articles/ ... -3125.html
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Re: Back me up

Post by Gob »

Cheers Ray.

I'd like to pay sweet sod all if poss!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”