Computer Corner

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
RayThom

Computer Corner

Post by RayThom »

I run Win10 (64bit) and as I go to logoff, but prior to clicking "shut down," my system goes blue screen with a "stop code" message, and then goes into an automatic restart of the system.

No apparent malware or virus infiltration, and all seems well until the next blue screen -- a couple times a week, maybe. Microsoft troubleshooting page doesn't answer any of my problems.

Does anyone else experience this problem? Any thoughts and/or suggestions? Thanks.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Re: Computer Corner

Post by Scooter »

I had a similar problem some months back, I would click on the Start button and then the Power button, and then when I clicked on whichever option I chose (restart or shut down) it would seem like nothing was happening, but if I left it alone, sometime later when I came back to it, it would have restart or shut down accordingly. Later on, it seemed to worsen in that the system would appear to hang at other times for short periods. I thought I was going to have to do a clean re-install of Windows to fix it. It resolved itself with the next major system update, which suggested to me that some file corruption had crept in that eventually got written over.

So for now, if it is not otherwise affecting things, I would wait it out and see if the problem disappears after an update to a new version of Window 10 (which comes about every few months or so).
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Computer Corner

Post by RayThom »

Scooter wrote:... So for now, if it is not otherwise affecting things, I would wait it out and see if the problem disappears after an update to a new version of Window 10 (which comes about every few months or so).
Scooter, thanks. That sounds like the best way to go. Much appreciated.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Re: Computer Corner

Post by Scooter »

Has this resolved yet? I don't know if there has been a significant update generally released; I have seen a few but I get preview builds through Windows Insider.

Actually that might be a way of testing if your problem can be fixed by a new build, join the Windows Insider Programme (Start-Settings-Updates & Security-Windows Insider Programme), wait long enough for a new build (you can tell because it warns you that it is a "major update" or some such language), see if it fixes the problem and then opt out of Windows Insider.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Computer Corner

Post by RayThom »

Scooter wrote:Has this resolved yet? I don't know if there has been a significant update generally released; I have seen a few but I get preview builds through Windows Insider.
Since I last posted, I had an update of Firefox and Avast. I haven't had a blue screen/stop code since. Coincidence? I'm not sure.

I'll let you know if/when it happens again.

Thanks.