Removal (or at least alteration) of Border Ads on Webpages

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Removal (or at least alteration) of Border Ads on Webpages

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I'm using Firefox and Windows 7, and a week or so ago there was an ad popped up on the side of the browser talking about something called "locum tenens" and whether or not it would be right for me.  Not knowing what that meant, I Googled it to find out it's a Latin term for a professional (think along the lines of a doctor, or lawyer, or something similar) taking a temporary position while the original holder of the position is on vacation or a sabbatical or even a leave of absence for additional education or training.  OK, now I know; and obviously I'm not one of these sorts of professionals for which this would be a good fit, so that's that.

But ever since then it seems like every other webpage that I pull up now has an ad for some service that will ostensibly place me in some sort of locum tenens position (at least I think they do, I've never clicked on them), and this is definitely not something I'd be interested in ... so I'd like to kill these ads.

Note that I am not objecting to the ads in principle, so don't just say "use this particular ad blocker" — hey, I know if you expect 'free' web access as opposed to constantly throwing money at a paywall you've got to put up with a little inconvenience — but for crying out loud, an ad for a locum tenens service is about as relevant to me as an ad for women's sanitary products.  If you're going to advertise to me, at least advertise something I might be interested in!
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?