Apple iPhone 11 now available

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

And the biggest "new" thing about it is ... THREE cameras.

Does anybody else think of a Norelco triple-head shaver when they look at this?
Or one of those fidget-spinner thingies from a couple years ago?

Ah well.  The cellular carriers start taking pre-orders for these thousand-dollar playthings today.  The next couple of days at work promise to be ... interesting.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Watch out trypophobics.

Scientists grapple with why tiny holes scare some people.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... edirect=on
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Re: Apple iPhone 11 now available

Post by Lord Jim »

When I finally broke down and bought my first smart phone a few months ago, I spent 85 bucks for a Moto E5 Play and it has all the functionality I could possibly want and then some...
ImageImageImage

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Lord Jim wrote:When I finally broke down and bought my first smart phone a few months ago,
Next thing we know, you'll be getting a microwave to heat up food . . . :)

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Long Run wrote:
Lord Jim wrote:When I finally broke down and bought my first smart phone a few months ago,
Next thing we know, you'll be getting a microwave to heat up food . . . :)
...and switching to an oil furnce and a thermostat to control the heat instead of going downstairs to shovel more coal into the furnace.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

And replacing the phone book in your bathroom with rolls of toilet paper....

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Lord Jim wrote:When I finally broke down and bought my first smart phone a few months ago, I spent 85 bucks for a Moto E5 Play and it has all the functionality I could possibly want and then some...
Thank God for the computer keyboard otherwise you'd be going through a twin spool of ribbon on your trusty Smith Corona each week. Not to mention the expense of carbon paper.

Are neo-Luddites truly phobic, or just cheap?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Oh jeepers, looks like once again it's Open Mike Nite at The Plan B Funny Bone...

Good thing I brought a nice bushel basket of rotten tomatoes... :nana

If you Jan Murray wannabes must know, though my wife and daughter have had these smarty-pants phones for years (Kelly also has one of those fancy-shmantzy neo-Dick Tracy watches too ) I figured that with three PCs, a laptop and a tablet I really had all the internet access I needed, and that my old dumb flip phone was plenty adequte for me. I hate texting, and for personal use basically all I use my cell phone for is the quaint old purpose of well, making and receiving phone calls...

However, from a business standpoint, my stubbornness ulrimately became untenable, as more and more clients and prospective clients preferred to communicate at least in part by text...

This was compounded by the fact that since a significant portion of my business comes from promoting digital marketing solutions to business owners, (including a variety of text and other smart-phone platform-based apps and programs) it was becoming increasingly odd that I didn't personally own a smart phone...

I got around this by having an assistant with a smart phone and also having access to Kelly and Tati's smart phones when absolutely needed, but finally the combination of business considerations and family nagging pressure forced me to join The Dark Side...
Last edited by Lord Jim on Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

The truth is that this week I bought my first ever smart phone- an iPhone. I just decided it was time to upgrade and gain the ability to avoid everyone in the room by staring at my phone like everyone else does. So far it’s been working great. I haven’t made a phone call yet. I probably will eventually....

RayThom

Rotten Apple iPhone 11 now available

Post by RayThom »

Lord Jim wrote:Oh jeepers, looks like once again it's Open Mike Nite at The Plan B Funny Bone...
"I'm here all week...

... try the veal"

Bicycle Bill

Re: Rotten Apple iPhone 11 now available

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RayThom wrote:
Lord Jim wrote:Oh jeepers, looks like once again it's Open Mike Nite at The Plan B Funny Bone...
"I'm here all week...

... try the veal"
"Hello, I'm Mr. Bill, and I'm here for the show."
"Of course, sir.  Do you have reservations?"
"Only about the veal."

Just nod if you need some help up there, Ray.  I got a million of 'em.
-"BB"-

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Lord Jim wrote: I figured that with three PCs, a laptop and a tablet I really had all the internet access I needed, and that my old dumb flip phone was plenty adequte

However, from a business standpoint, my stubbornness ulrimately became untenable, * * *

but finally the combination of business considerations and family nagging pressure forced me to join The Dark Side...
Except for Gadget Guy/Gal, everyone has a similar story of being perfectly happy with their flip phone and holding out (and even an older story about holding out against getting a cell phone) . . . it's just that those stories are ancient history in tech terms. Congrats and condolences to you and Joe on delaying your assimilation for so long.