Tilting at windmills?

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Tilting at windmills?

Post by Econoline »

• I never understood golf. I know golf courses very much. I have studied golf better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. Golf clubs are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous, if you are into this, tremendous balls and clubs and ugly pants are spewing into the environment. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of golf balls and everything. You talk about the carbon footprint, balls are spewing into the air, right, spewing, whether it is Trump International Dubai or Trump Turnberry, balls are going into the air. The golf carts, some are electric, some are perhaps gas which is more powerful, a golf cart will kill many gophers which are on the ground possibly ruining the grass. Which you walk on with the spikes. On your feet. After a certain number, they make you turn the golf course off, that is true. By the way, they make you turn it off. And yet, if you killed one, they put you in jail. That is OK. But why is it OK for golfers to destroy the gopher population? Also possibly bald eagles...

What?

What's that?

This post is so far burbbling bugfuckery to a degree that makes you wonder if you should call somebody to check if I'm maybe mixing prescription drugs with alcohol right in the CVS drive through?

I sound ... crazy? That it?

Huh.

If I habitually spoke like that, you'd think I was a lunatic, right?

If I spoke like that, you might suspect that I don’t actually know the first thing about the subject matter, whether it be golf or gophers or anything else.

You sure as hell wouldn't put me in charge, at least I hope you wouldn’t, and rightly so.

Because you'd have to be NUTS to put somebody who spoke like that in charge.

Donald Trump, yesterday:
  • “I never understood wind. I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous, if you are into this, tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. You talk about the carbon footprint, fumes are spewing into the air, right spewing, whether it is China or Germany, is going into the air. A windmill will kill many bald eagles. After a certain number, they make you turn the windmill off, that is true. By the way, they make you turn it off. And yet, if you killed one, they put you in jail. That is OK. But why is it OK for windmills to destroy the bird population?”

Yeah, you'd have to be goddamned crazy.

(credit: Jim Wright)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Re: Tilting at windmills?

Post by Burning Petard »

As some one else on this board posted in another context.

in general.

shrill and hysterical.

unhinged.

to which I say YEP!

The mainstream media is having problems with this. WaPo tried to discuss it as if it was something from a thoughtful President's state of the Union address. Their own standards of fairness seem to require a quaint 'well, you must respect the office.'

snailgate

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Tilting at windmills?

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What's wrong with hitting boiled eagles anyway?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts