Anybody here use Apple equipment?

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I am using an Apple MacBook Pro 13"--eight years old and it runs the lates OS Catalina. Nice pictures for wallpaper. I have an external hard drive for back up. In the eight years, I have never had to use the back up, even though I run it every few days, just in case. Maybe that is why I have not needed it.
The Mac Book is running very buggy. Some keys stick, the touchpad has very quirky responses, It gets conniption fits when I shut it off. In other words, it needs replacement. So I ordered the new 13" MacBook Pro. Gonna be some changes needed.

Anybody have recommendations for a reliable external hard drive to be used for backup, and an external hard drive to be used to read CD's and DVD's I check out of the library. Looking around on Amazon there seems to be junk available for $20-30 and really nice stuff for $200+ and not much in-between.

I am acquainted with the usual disclaimer: Individual results may vary. But thanks for your attention.

snailgate

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

You only need one reliable external hard drive. Iomega and Hitachi have good consumer scores. A 1TB drive is all you'd need for almost all your storage needs. Many sell for $200, and much less.

Check out the Iomega Prestige Desktop 1000GB External (35180)
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.”