Modern difficulties in communication caused by new technology

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
Methuselah

Modern difficulties in communication caused by new technology

Post by Methuselah »

This is a quick summary for a chat site I know how to use. It is difficult to get an email address anymore. I have a 2-page report on a minor error in two major Internet programs. I’d post them here, but the din from ogres who look down here would be overwhelming and contain much advice on how to fix these errors that won’t work. The advice will be to the effect that you are too old to use a computer, give up. I can tell from the content of your posts that most of you are retired or unemployed, and a grandparent. The privacy rules in effect can not obscure those facts. If not, you wouldn’t have time to be an ogre. There ARE some benefits to being retired, especially in an age when one shouldn’t visit your great grandkids. If someone would like to see those typed pages for something like an article on something like the problems of the aging send me a PM request with your email address, and I’ll send them on. If you want to keep your email address private there is an online service that will for a reasonable cost accept your email address and text you want to send and forward it to another address while concealing your email address. I forget its name. Drop box.com?
Last edited by Methuselah on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Modern difficulties in communication caused by new technology

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I'm retired and a grandparent. Been the latter much longer than the former. So, no thanks on advice about aging. Doing it more and more.

(Cheers theme playing)
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

Attaboy, General. Must be that Army training.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

I am neither retired nor a grandparent. Would someday like to be both, but I'm aging fast enough as it is and have enough problems of my own already, thanks just the same.
GAH!

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah »

You should work on your juniors to be a grandparent, those kids are indispensable. Maiden Aunt is also a place where nephews and nieces are a substitute for one's own kids. Keep in touch with them. I'm afraid those who work through the end of the Trump Covid Epidemic may not get pensions. Keep your weight down, and lay off the booze so you're in good-enough shape to keep working. I won't talk about aging, it is too depressing.