A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Post by Bicycle Bill »

the Caucasian Wingnut

The Caucasian wingnut species (Pterocarya fraxinifolia) originated in the Caucasus region, between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea, and was transported to Europe in 1782 by the French botanist and statesman André Michaux.  The tree was greatly valued for its fast growth and its impressive branch spread, which offers excellent shade.  Capable of reaching 80 feet in height and 70 feet in branch spread, this tree excels in parks and public gardens but is too hefty for the average backyard.  The Caucasian wingnut's branches can attain such a length and weight that they often need a little propping up with cables and support poles.

This Pterocarya fraxinifolia (Caucasian wingnut) near Oak Circle is one of BBG's (Brooklyn Botanical Garden) veteran trees.  Photo by Elizabeth Peters.

So i guess you can keep on calling people 'wing-nuts' — just tell 'em that, like the tree, they're as dumb as a stump.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Re: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I thought this would be more anti-lib stuff. Instead, a very nice and informative piece about trees. :ok
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Cheers BB, good post.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Is that the white supremacist family tree?