Life imitating "art"

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
TPFKA@W

Life imitating "art"

Post by TPFKA@W »

William Shatner, while not a great actor, continues to blow my mind. The man is 90 and while still horseback riding and will now be joining Blue Origin launching into space, or thereabouts.

At 90 he will be the oldest ever to go that route. Most 90 year olds can't chew solid food and have to have help wiping their bottoms. He is amazing.

https://www.space.com/news/live/blue-or ... ch-updates

Burning Petard

Re: Life imitating "art"

Post by Burning Petard »

Bottom wiping and solid food eating were not requirements for the early space travelers. Rather they did not do any of that stuff. Food was approximately similar to baby food and all were carefully diapered. Those were luxury accommodations included in the International Space Station.

snailgate

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:52 pm
William Shatner, while not a great actor, continues to blow my mind. ......
William Shatner is funny too. I watched this interview last night and it cracked me up....

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I watched it too. Anderson Cooper has a contagious giggle too. Cognitively Shatner come across many decades younger too.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Burning Petard wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:59 pm
Bottom wiping and solid food eating were not requirements for the early space travelers. Rather they did not do any of that stuff. Food was approximately similar to baby food and all were carefully diapered. Those were luxury accommodations included in the International Space Station.

snailgate
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

TPFKA@W wrote:
. Most 90 year olds can't chew solid food and have to have help wiping their bottoms. He is amazing.
It is interesting how you as a nurse perceive 90 year olds since in your profession, you would see those that are as you describe. In contrast all the late 80s, early 90s, people I know are doing quite well, along the lines of how Shatner appears (heck I have a 102 relative still going strong).

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Long Run wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:37 pm
TPFKA@W wrote:
. Most 90 year olds can't chew solid food and have to have help wiping their bottoms. He is amazing.
It is interesting how you as a nurse perceive 90 year olds since in your profession, you would see those that are as you describe. In contrast all the late 80s, early 90s, people I know are doing quite well, along the lines of how Shatner appears (heck I have a 102 relative still going strong).
Dealing with the 2% does warp the perspective. I have a 91 year neighbor who can run rings around me but I see her as the exception rather than the rule.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I actually met him around 8 years ago; a hotel I was staying in had a Star Trek convention and he was a speaker. there was a bar at the far side of the hotel (from the convention) and when I was at the bar he sat down next to me (there were only a few people there. I recognized him and we started talking (initially about football, which was on the TV, then about the convention--I think he sat near me because I did not have a convention wristband--and what he was there to talk about). Eventually we did get to talking about Star Trek and the movies and, not surprisingly, he was partial to the episodes and films he was in; we also talked about Boston Legal, which was the only non Star Trek series he was in that I watched any episodes of, and he appeared to appreciate that I told him his sense of humor came through in the character he played. We talked for a while and he left. For a man in his 80s he seemed to be pretty quick and in relatively good shape, He didn't seem to mind talking about Star Trek (indeed, he always steered the conversation to being about him--but that's likely true about many actors) but could easily move from topic to topic. All in all, I doubt he would have any more of a problem being a passenger on the good ship Penis than on an airplane traveling to a convention.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Cool story, BigRR. Thanks for sharing.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

:lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Have to bring back this classic: