TV Technology Has Passed Me By

There aint half been some clever bastards.
Post science, nature, technology and all geek stuff here.
Methuselah

TV Technology Has Passed Me By

Post by Methuselah »

Some months ago my wife got a Roku setup for the TV without consulting me, and spent the time needed to use it without any help from me. It is how we access more TV shows, such as Astrid. We just finished the last show in the first series. There are many ways besides Roku to do these activities. Don’t ask me any questions about them, as my knowledge here is limited, and likely full of errors. I’m too lazy to learn how to use the system. It is just easier to ask my wife to turn on Astrid, or let’s look at what other shows they have, rather than learn this myself. One of my greatest fears is that when she goes to bed earlier than me she may leave the system hooked up to Roku. I don’t know how to get back to normal TV. She might be a bit testy if I ask her to get up shut down Roku.
I think my predicament is largely a function of aging. I have a younger brother who has lived alone for many years, far from any of our many siblings. We made many phone calls getting him hooked up to our family Zoom session. He just isn’t very agile on computer matters. Zoom may be his only way to regularly converse with others..
We’ve been looking at finding where the second series of Astrid can be found. There are a lot of places to look for it, but we haven’t found the right place yet. The best we’ve found so far uses Danish, with no English subtitles. My brother could never find his way through these morasses.