trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by Scooter »

Dan Quayle, I had forgotten about him. Plenty of speculation on what strings were pulled on his behalf. Which just reinforces the point that questions about military service are going to be raised for those of a certain age, and candidates should have an answer that does not live on as a metaphor for draft dodging.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

dales

Post by dales »

potato vs. potatoe

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

RayThom

TRUMP IS SERIOUS!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

RayThom

TRUMP IS SERIOUS!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

I love a parade!

Carnival Floats All Around the World Mock Trump
https://www.facebook.com/NowThisElectio ... 806462518/
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

But America is respected again around the world. My President told me so. ([/s] for those who need it.)

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

A friend of mine earlier today likened Donald Trump to a "Super Villain"...

I have to disagree...

While Il Boobce certainly has the mental and personality defects common to Super Villains, (megalomaniac, sociopath, malignant narcissist.) he has none of the positive qualities generally associated with Super Villains...

In addition to being stone-cold evil, Super Villains are also supposed to be highly intelligent, well spoken, urbane, well read...polished, sophisticated...

Any of that sound like our Donald?

No, Vladimir Putin is a Super Villain...

Trump is just a henchman...
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Lord Jim wrote:No, Vladimir Putin is a Super Villain...

Trump is just a henchman...
The one they keep around for comic relief, right?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Like Oddjob, or Jaws...

Maybe they can call him Odd Jaws...

Or Oddhair...
ImageImageImage

RayThom

TRUMP IS SERIOUS!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol: :ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

August 1975 - I had obtained tickets for the Australia England test match (yes, we’re talking cricket!) at the Oval ground in South London. I had talked a young Australian person of the opposite persuasion into coming with me - that’s not as weird as it sounds, she was a massive cricket fan - and I had high hopes that my good looks, sparkling conversation and ready wit would work its usual occasional magic. I parked the Alfa in a housing estate (what you might call project housing in the US) and got ready to walk the quarter mile or so to the gates. Two lads on bikes showed up - couldn’t have been more than 11.

“50 p to look after your car for you, guv’nor?” 50p was circa $1.20 or so in those days.

Now I may have been young and stupid, but I could recognize a threat when I heard it. I paid up. The game was a draw, or to put it another way, England did not have their way with the Aussies. Neither did I, as it happened.

This little episode sprang to mind when I read about this Trumpian comment on Breitbart.
“I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of Bikers for Trump,” Trump told Breitbart in the interview, which he later tweeted. “I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.”
I can still recognize a threat when I hear it. Can you imagine the reaction if Obama had said something like this? The President of the United States wants us to think he’s a minor thug. If that's his chosen metier, he's not even very good at that. Those two boys could have given him lessons.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

“Yes, throughout history, the American people have been protected by their military, their police, and their biker gangs.”
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

FTFY ;) :nana

God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Econoline wrote:FTFY ;) :nana

Of course, Trump is too thick to realize that "all recent presidents"= Barack Obama only because ISIS (or ISIL or Daesh - whatever you call it) has been around since 2014. So even if you accept that Trump has significantly damaged them - which I do, to some extent* - his statement makes no sense. But then we're used to that.

* In combination with the efforts of (especially) the Iraqi Army and the international Islamic groups who have condemned ISIS, and other military efforts. So yes, Trump can take some portion of the credit.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I wonder why he doesn’t brag about this thread?
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

RayThom

TRUMP IS SERIOUS!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

Lord Dampnut denigrating the dead. His neurosyphilitic pea-brain is flaring up once more.

Trump Goes After Deceased Senator John McCain, Again
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... et-809267/

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Donald Trump's craziest day ever on Twitter

Washington (CNN)On Sunday, President Donald Trump sent out 29(!) tweets and retweets. Which, in and of itself, is a remarkable thing to say about the chief executive of the United States. (A prolific tweeter and retweeter myself, I sent out 15 tweets on Sunday. And, relatedly, I am not the president of the United States.)

But, it's not just the sheer quantity of Trump tweets and retweets that are so mind-boggling. It's what he said in them. Here's a brief summary:
  1. The Federal Communications Commission or Federal Election Commission should investigate whether "Saturday Night Live" and late-night talk shows are in collusion with Democrats and/or Russia because they attack him so consistently.
  2. Attacked late Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, for allegedly sending the FBI the Steele dossier before the election -- and working with Democrats to do so. (Also, Trump called McCain -- who, it's worth noting, is dead -- "last in his class" at the US Naval Academy.)
  3. Urged Fox News Channel to reinstate host Jeanine Pirro after she was suspended for questioning the patriotism of Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, who is Muslim.
  4. Urged FNC to stand up for host Tucker Carlson, who has seen some advertisers pull out of his show following the release of a series of caustic and offensive remarks he made on a radio show between 2006 and 2011.
  5. Accused General Motors of having "let our country down" in the wake of the news that the company was relocating four American factories.
  6. Attacked FNC anchor Shep Smith and two other weekend anchors at Fox, alleging they had "been trained by CNN prior to their ratings collapse."
  7. Alleged that Democrats tried to "steal a presidential election," calling it "the biggest scandal in the history of our country."
  8. Retweeted Jack Posobiec, who among other things, is a leading promoter of the Pizzagate and Seth Rich conspiracy theories.
All of this -- and lots, lots more -- in the space of a single day.

Now. Trump has had lots of oh-my-God-did-you-see-what-he-just-tweeted days. I still remember when he took to Twitter, with no proof, that President Barack Obama had ordered Trump Tower wiretapped during the 2016 election. Or when Trump said that MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski was bleeding badly after a face lift.

But, for the most part, these were one-offs -- a single nutty tweet amid Trump's usual daily mix of propaganda and mistruth. Never before -- or at least not as far back as I can remember -- have we seen such a sustained day of wildness and wackiness from Trump.

Which is saying something. Because Trump has long turned to Twitter as his preferred method of communicating -- with his supporters, with the media and with the country. And Twitter -- I've long argued -- is where the truest form of Trump comes out. It's his Twitter feed -- not official White House statements or signing ceremonies -- where we find out what is on Trump's mind and what he really thinks about his presidency and the world.

When you think of it that way, what we witnessed on Sunday is somewhere between concerning and absolutely terrifying. The most powerful man in the country -- and maybe the world -- spent his day touting unproven conspiracy theories about stolen elections, suggesting collusion between Democrats and comedians, attacking a military hero and Republican senator, and trying to program his favorite cable network's broadcasts. And he did all of this while failing to send even a single tweet about the tragic mass shooting in New Zealand.

George Conway, the husband of White House senior counselor Kellyanne Conway, tweeted an image to the diagnosis for "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" and said bluntly of Trump: "His condition is getting worse." Brian Klass, a political scientist at UCL, was slightly more expansive: "We have a seriously dangerous normalcy bias, where we move on because we desperately want to pretend it's okay. Trump's Twitter meltdown today—which shows a deranged and unhinged person—will just be forgotten by Monday afternoon. But the deranged man will still control the nukes."

Trump's critics questioning his decision-making -- or mental heath -- isn't all that new. What was new, however, was that the White House felt the need to mobilize some of its most senior officials to push back on the idea that Trump was slipping mentally.

Isn't it amazing how this "fake news" outlet managed to link every single statement of fact to a first hand source?

I guess that folks like wes, following Kellyanne Conway's lead, prefer to believe in "alternative facts".
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

He tweeted a total of 50 times over the weekend.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan