Where's Lord Jim?

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
TPFKA@W

Re: Where's Lord Jim?

Post by TPFKA@W »

Good grief Jim, sorry to hear the news. Make sure you flirt with your nurses, they love it when old geezers come on to them. Use that call light a lot, the aids will love you for it. After all, they are just sitting out there playing cards.

But seriously, hope you quickly get back to the top of your game.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Let me add my best wishes as well; it's never fun to be ill, and you look like you have your share of it recently. Hang in there and get well, and back here, soon; it's just not the same without you.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Many thanks for all the good wishes...

I'm now resting up, the procedure to remove the clot was incredibly effective. the leg swelling had gone down by half within the first 24 hours and is now barely noticeable. (It had swollen up to nearly twice normal size) I'm able to walk around and bend the leg just about normally. (My surgeon used a kind of high tech mechanical procedure to pull out the clot rather than the standard method of squirting it with a high powered blood thinner) he also put in a stent to keep the passage open. (I will also be on Eliquis for a while)

As I mentioned I have some other internal issues (I'll talk more about that later, after I've rested up a bit more...)

In the meantime I'm posting a new article in "Politics"...
ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:hug: Welcome home! :hug:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Glad you're on the mend, listen to your doctors and your wife, who I'm sure is far more sensible than you.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Where's Lord Jim?

Post by RayThom »

HE'S ALIVE!

Welcome back, LJ.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Good to see you back, Jim. Get well soon.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Couldn't do anything about the swelling of the head, eh?

:lol: :shock:

Seriously - great news, glad you're back.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Missed all the fun, BAH!!

Hey Jim, we're lucky they didn't fully remove the clot, we love you around here!!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

liberty

Post by liberty »

I am glad you are ok Jim. There are a lot worse people than you around here; at least you have honor and a sense of fairness.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

RayThom

Where's Lord Jim?

Post by RayThom »

liberty wrote:I am glad you are ok Jim. There are a lot worse people than you around here; at least you have honor and a sense of fairness.
Now there's an endorsement you can't deny. Honor... fairness... not the worst.

After reading this, there won't be a dry eye in the forum.

God bless our Lord Jim -- better than many others.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

liberty

Post by liberty »

RayThom wrote:
liberty wrote:I am glad you are ok Jim. There are a lot worse people than you around here; at least you have honor and a sense of fairness.
Now there's an endorsement you can't deny. Honor... fairness... not the worst.

After reading this, there won't be a dry eye in the forum.

God bless our Lord Jim -- better than many others.
Hypocrites abound around this place.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Great to have you back, Jim.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Thanks again folks.
ImageImageImage

dales

Post by dales »

This old dump hasn't been the same without you.

Remember if they Rx a "blood thinner" it'll prolly be Warfarin which is actually rat poison.

Cheers :lol:

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

wesw

Post by wesw »

aspirin and jim beam.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Remember if they Rx a "blood thinner" it'll prolly be Warfarin which is actually rat poison.
They've got me on Eliquis...(though I have no irregular heartbeat issues...) strong dosages for the first week, then half that thereafter...
aspirin and jim beam.
They want me to use Tylenol for any pain needs, and no recommendations or prohibitions re booze... (my liver function is normal with no cirrhosis or fatiness...)

The fact that I had quit smoking my tobacco pipe about a year and a half ago, and shed about 40 pounds from my highest weight over that same time (though I could certainly afford to lose probably at least another 20 more) has also no doubt improved my overall health a strengthened me for dealing with my issues... (Also dramatically reduced my blood pressure form a way-to-high 170 when I would check it at Lucky's, to an average of the low 120s to the low 130s now... heart beat rate also consistently well in the Goldilocks Zone)

No heart, lung or diabetes or pre-diabetes issues...

Brain seems to be working just fine too...(of course I suppose that could be a matter of opinion...)
ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Brain seems to be working just fine too...(of course I suppose that could be a matter of opinion...)
I think you’ve generally proved this to be true in your response to the Trump takeover of the GOP the last few years.

Did you register as an Independent yet?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Where's Lord Jim?

Post by RayThom »

Lord Jim wrote:
... (Also dramatically reduced my blood pressure form a way-to-high 170 when I would check it at Lucky's, to an average of the low 120s to the low 130s now... heart beat rate also consistently well in the Goldilocks Zone)
LJ, see, I'm not the only one who has warned you about the dangers of Warfarin. That "cure" is worse than the disease.

A few years ago my PCP requested that I check in online every few weeks (UofPenn/"MyChart") with a High, Median, and Low BP reading, w/pulse and weight. He recommended the following monitor which I think is one of the best. Of course, you'll need to consult with your PCP to see if this will have any merit in your situation. Good luck.

wesw

Post by wesw »

?