Hosting

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Gob

Hosting

Post by Gob »

This is a friendly reminder that your DreamHost account #396839 will be rebilled $119.40 in the next five to seven days.

DreamHost billing details:

$119.40 for a 1 year renewal of "My Happy Hosting".

If you need more time to pay, don't worry! There's a 60-day grace period on all bills.

If you wish to switch to monthly payments, you may do so at any time. Simply visit:

DreamHost Panel > Billing > Accounts

Click "edit" next to your plan in the "Plans" area to change your billing cycle.

If you do not wish to continue hosting with DreamHost, we'd be sorry to see you go, but you can close your account by visiting:
OK gang, we have some money left in the bank, due to generous donations made for the fixing of the site. I will be happy to cover any shortfall myself.

If you have not chipped in, or want to chip in, any money will go to the hosting fees. Surplus will be held over for next year's payment.

Cheers,

Gob.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Re: Hosting

Post by Gob »

Paid.

Merchant
DreamHost, LLC
support@dreamhost.com
Instructions to merchant

Description Unit price Qty Amount

$119.40 USD 1 $119.40 USD
Subtotal $119.40 USD
Total $119.40 USD
Payment $119.40 USD
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

You want cash or toilet paper?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:08 pm
You want cash or toilet paper?

Or perhaps that should be considered a 'CRAPtocurrency'....?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Can I just add that I have received a VERY generous donation, and that all fees etc are now covered.

My thanks to the contributor.

(Plus some towards next years fees etc.)

Gob

Post by Gob »

Another surprise donation out of the blue, many thanks my friend!!

Darren

Post by Darren »

Gob wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:24 pm
How is that done?
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

RayThom

Hosting

Post by RayThom »

Darren wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:42 pm
Gob wrote:
How is that done?
Darren asks facetiously.

Gob, tread lightly when answering this racist bigot. You/we may be sorry knowing that he'll believe he's now entitled to spew more of the same rambling and repetitive bullshit that he serves up on an hourly basis.

BTW -- was that surprise d0nati0n fr0m wesw? The same w0uld apply t0 him.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Post by Gob »

Darren wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:42 pm
Gob wrote:
How is that done?

People who wish to contribute to the cost of hosting the board send donations via Pay-pal.

The membership here is extremely generous, and value the facility. (Apart from wesw.)

RayThom

Hosting

Post by RayThom »

Gob wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:31 am
...People who wish to contribute to the cost of hosting the board send donations via Pay-pal. The membership here is extremely generous, and value the facility. (Apart from wesw.)
Gob, this response to Darren was both tactful, and with much tolerance.

Somethings I've been short of lately while perusing most of Darren's threads and posts.

I'll try to do better.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.”