Knives Out

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Crackpot

Knives Out

Post by Crackpot »

The wife and I saw this last night and I found it to be a delightful twist on the whole “detective murder mystery” genre as well as serving up a heathy dose of commentary on “white privilege” in both it’s literal and it’s subtler forms.

The “mystery” itself was so far off the common path that it kept me guessing throughout.

The cast was great filled with both big names and character actors who played their roles masterfully. It was also nice to see M Emmet Walsh again (I had honestly thought he had died). Something about hearing that guys voice makes me happy.

Highly Recommend
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Re: Knives Out

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’ve been meaning to get to that for weeks - it’s still playing nearby so I’ll go tomorrow.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

It’s available on prime now
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I finally watched it a few weeks ago - very enjoyable movie! Definitely a movie I would watch a few more times as it’s a good storyline with great performances.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan