Michigan Governor Kidnap plot

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
TPFKA@W

Michigan Governor Kidnap plot

Post by TPFKA@W »

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 922301002/

Interesting times becoming more interesting.

ex-khobar Andy

Re: Michigan Governor Kidnap plot

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

On April 17, Trump tweeted - all caps - "LIBERATE MICHIGAN."

Sounds like a co-conspirator to me. Let's hope he outdoes Nixon and is indicted.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

liberty

Post by liberty »

Remember what you used to say one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter? This country might end up in civil war, but it won’t be a war between states, it will be an insurgency, and that is another name for murder. General Lee was wrong, and Colonel Quantrill was right, it can’t be a civilized war and win.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Darren

Post by Darren »

The ringleader thinks Trump is a tyrant. True or false?
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Darren wrote:You know you're in great company when you, China, Iran and Russia all want Trump out of office.
But how about when you, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Lebanon, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the Vatican all want Trump out of office?

ETA: plus Scientific American and The New England Journal of Medicine.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Interesting? I think its horrifying. And now Trump is stress/crazy tweeting. Again.

25th amendment time.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Gob

Post by Gob »

Econoline wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:16 am
Darren wrote:You know you're in great company when you, China, Iran and Russia all want Trump out of office.
But how about when you, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Lebanon, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the Vatican all want Trump out of office?

ETA: plus Scientific American and The New England Journal of Medicine.
Oh, wrong there old son, we don't want him out of office, he's F-A-A-A-A-R-R-R-R too funny for us to want that to happen.

We're just hoping his damage stays parochial. To be fair to the shitwitted moron, at least he hasn't started the traditional; "war against a small, far off, foreign country to get me re-elected", (yet.)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Well fuck you very much for giving no shits for the millions of Americans suffering under Trump and the hundreds of thousands dying; you don’t care about them one bit, only about your own amusement?!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Gob wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:42 am

Oh, wrong there old son, we don't want him out of office, he's F-A-A-A-A-R-R-R-R too funny for us to want that to happen.

We're just hoping his damage stays parochial. To be fair to the shitwitted moron, at least he hasn't started the traditional; "war against a small, far off, foreign country to get me re-elected", (yet.)
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Lucky for you that’s not the attitude millions of Americans took when y’all needed our help to save you becoming a nation conquered by the Third Reich.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:11 pm
Lucky for you that’s not the attitude millions of Americans took when y’all needed our help to save you becoming a nation conquered by the Third Reich.
The US intervention in WW2 was prompted by (a) the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and (b) the prospect of America being next in Hitler's sights once he had the German, French, Italian and British navies under his command. Let's save those poor Brits (who until then had stood alone against Hitler) and the Jews was not par of FDR's calculation nor was it a common feeling among the population. Altruism as an element of American foreign policy died long before Trump.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Right, so the whole NATO thing has been a mass delusion. M’kay.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Andy--if what you say is true, then I wonder why the US would mobilize so much against Hitler in Europe rather than just address their attacker; clearly Hitler was no more of a threat after Dec 7, 1941, than before it, and Hitler did not attack the US directly. Sure, there was an alliance between Japan and Germany, but it wasn't all that close and very few Germans fought in the Pacific. But once we entered the war, a major part of our war effort was in the European theater; indeed, the atomic bombs were originally intended for Germany, not Japan (and many of the European scientists on the Manhattan Project had no compunction against using it there). You're right, concern about the poor Brits and others in Europe was not a concern, especially after WW!, but I do think WW2 showed all of us that we had to stand together, and many suffering in Europe under the nazi boot, even Russia, were happy and grateful for the US help, whatever prompted it.

And this cooperation led to alliance and mutual defense pacts which remain to this day; sometimes because of continued good relations, other times in spite of strained relations. Altruism? I don't think there ever was any foreign policy governed by altruism.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Guinevere wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:03 am
Interesting? I think its horrifying. And now Trump is stress/crazy tweeting. Again.

25th amendment time.
Interesting times is perfectly apropos: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_you_l ... ting_times
"May you live in interesting times" is an English expression that purports to be a translation of a traditional Chinese curse. While seemingly a blessing, the expression is normally used ironically; life is better in "uninteresting times" of peace and tranquility than in "interesting" ones, which are usually times of trouble.

Despite being so common in English as to be known as the "Chinese curse", the saying is apocryphal, and no actual Chinese source has ever been produced. The most likely connection to Chinese culture may be deduced from analysis of the late-19th-century speeches of Joseph Chamberlain, probably erroneously transmitted and revised through his son Austen Chamberlain.[1]

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Gob wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:42 am
And for quite a while the world was amused by the funny little loudmouth with the funny little moustache...until suddenly it wasn't amusing any more. (And Germany was far from being The Most Powerful Nation In The World at the time.)

So...when does it stop being funny and start becoming scary? Brits (and others) have got to think long and hard about the question: at what point does fascism make the transition from COMEDY to TRAGEDY???
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:26 pm
NATO got off the ground in 1949. WW2 ended in 1945. I'm puzzled by your response to my comment.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:20 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:26 pm
NATO got off the ground in 1949. WW2 ended in 1945. I'm puzzled by your response to my comment.
You you you ungrateful europee’en you that’s what you are. I think that’s her point. Think of it being said with an Olive Oyl accent.