Who would you prefer to be the master

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!

Who would you prefer to be the master of the American people?

1. Russia
25%
2. China
25%
3. Other
50%

Total votes: 4

Crackpot

Re: Who would you prefer to be the master

Post by Crackpot »

Because, unlike you, they aren’t shit-addled fuck weasels.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I keep asking for "the village idiot is a moron" to be added as an option that I could vote for in these polls, but alas, I remain disappointed.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Why disparage morons?

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

The whole premise here is stupid, but fine, I'll vote for China (which I understand is pronounced "Jynah" these days). They may be a repressive authoritarian/totalitarian government, but I think they are actually committed to the betterment of their people and building a more harmonious world through development and trade, which they recognize will make them the leading (and ultimately only) superpower. I actually tell my kids they should consider re-locating to Shanghai if they want to get in on the ground floor; in terms of economics, that's going to be the place to be for the next 50-100 years.
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

At least if China were our master we wouldn’t be dying off in mass numbers from covid19.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

liberty wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:04 pm
Why has no one voted for their Chinese masters? You know that is racist, don’t you?
Because, twice the half an elephant needs three envelopes of puce.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

rubato

Post by rubato »

Crackpot wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:23 pm
Why disparage morons?

The US military has determined that a person with an IQ below 85 cannot be trained to per form any useful task.

yrs,
rubato

dales

Post by dales »

You did say "useful task".

Would entering politics be included?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

On the other hand, by military think, it would be perfectly acceptable isf all enlisted personnel were IQ 87. When I went into the processing center at Ft Leonard Wood in 1960, I took lots of aptitude tests. Later I was working as a personal clerk and could see my own complete file. My original training assignment was for the area which I scored the lowest on the tests. The criteria was not "what is the highest score" but We need 100 people for job.
Identify the first 100 who scored above the acceptable minimum.

snailgate

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Interesting, SG. As someone who once did a lot of business with the military under FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) I remember sometime around 1990 when they were allowed to accept a higher bid on a project if it offered more value to the government.

Basically a proposal was scored on two counts: technical merit and cost. So if you were the low bid, regardless of technical merit, you would get 100 points for the price; if you bid twice the low bid you'd get 50 points, and so on proportionately. The fun was in the technical merit scoring which was more subjective and you would be scored on a number of categories as to how well your proposal met the government's criteria.

For a long time until approx 1990 it was simple: among those who scored 85% or better on the technical, whoever was lowest price won the proposal. They then changed the rules so that technical merit could be considered: so if you scored (say) 95% on technical merit they would give you an extra three points on the cost scoring. (I don't recall the actual formula they used but it was something like this.) We started to win a lot more work with the military after they adopted this system because we always scored very well on the tech stuff. (That won't surprise you of course because I wrote the technical side of the proposal.)

Joking aside, I think the govt got a lot better value once they decided to acknowledge that technical superiority was worth something in $$$.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Sue U wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:24 pm
The whole premise here is stupid, but fine, I'll vote for China (which I understand is pronounced "Jynah" these days). They may be a repressive authoritarian/totalitarian government, but I think they are actually committed to the betterment of their people and building a more harmonious world through development and trade, which they recognize will make them the leading (and ultimately only) superpower. I actually tell my kids they should consider re-locating to Shanghai if they want to get in on the ground floor; in terms of economics, that's going to be the place to be for the next 50-100 years.
At least Sue has the courage to admit she is a communist which is more than can be said for Crackhead and ShitHead. I admire the courage and good sense; if I was a communist, a Nazi, fascist, or a racist I would say so especially in a forum where I have nothing to lose. Hell if we can’t honestly state our opinion and belief here what in the hell is the use in being here.

I am not sure I have an ideology other than democracy is the best system for the protection of individual rights and pragmatism is the best way to make and maintain a living. I believe that the Constitution that our Founders gave is as a good system we can have. It’s requirements for the separation of powers; the divided powers of the federalism and the Bill of Rights are all design so that no person or group should ever have to power to become a tyrant. The limitations of the system are worth the cost and we should never make any major changes to it.

Sue thinks her children would have a chance of success in China unless of course they look Chinese she is fooling herself. The Chinese have a superiority complex that goes back thousands of years. Sue thinks the Chinese can’t be racist; racism is something that not only applies to honkeys but all people of the earth. The Chinese are most likely more racist than Americans; there is no social condemnation for racist feelings in China. Check out this link: https://thediplomat.com/2020/04/racism- ... -in-china/ It is not only blacks that the Chinese feel superior to; they also feel superior to Caucasians of all variety. China tolerates the West only as long as China needs the West. Once they reach a level of superiority where they no longer need us we will then learn what they really think of us.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I'm still waiting for "the village idiot is a moron" to be added as an option that I could vote for.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

You know technically moron is an upgrade from idiot

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Completely skipping over imbecile.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Nah! They have all been subsumed into 'challenged'

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For the curious:
Idiots. —Those so defective that the mental development never exceeds that or a normal child of about two years.
Imbeciles. —Those whose development is higher than that of an idiot, but whose intelligence does not exceed that of a normal child of about seven years.
Morons. —Those whose mental development is above that of an imbecile, but does not exceed that of a normal child of about twelve years.
— Edmund Burke Huey, Backward and Feeble-Minded Children
The term now used in federal law (and much state law which often mirrors federal) is intellectual disability.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

I have to say it....

damn, I m gonna regret this.....

but...…retards?

liberty

Post by liberty »

You people can be depressing. Why are you not grateful you have average intelligence?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:28 am
You people can be depressing. Why are you not grateful you have average intelligence?
Because I have above-average intelligence (was reading/comprehending at a HS level in 4th grade; 99th percentile in the Iowa Standard testing of the 1960s and 1970s; 'honors' English and math classes in HS; can't recall my SATs off the top of my head, but suffice it to say that I could probably qualify for MENSA if I actually gave a shit about it).  In fact, even allowing for people like yourself and wesw to skew the data downward, if you were to somehow get an unbiased and accurate appraisal of the intelligence of the members of this board you'd find that most of the posters here are well above what is considered 'average' these days.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:28 am
As much as I don't like to admit it, since testing in my 20s at 150+ IQ, the process of aging has in all likelihood brought me down at least 10 points. However, I'll not take another test (ever) because I keep forgetting to do so.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts