Halloween Cake

Got jokes? Funny images? Your tales of disaster? Youtube links?
Post them and share them.
Let the world laugh with you, (more fun if it's at you!)
BoSoxGal

Halloween Cake

Post by BoSoxGal »

Those ghosts have very pointy heads . . . and that’s a very chocolate cake . . .
4A1C713E-61FA-4770-ACF1-E61D9F32E21E.jpeg
:shrug
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Re: Halloween Cake

Post by Sue U »

Wow. Just ... wow.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

To be fair, didn't the older ghosts (there were 3 or 4) in the Casper cartoons look pretty much the same way with the big pointy heads? And somehow the eyes on yellow or white cake wouldn't be the same. Sometimes a cigar...

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Orange icing might strike a better note. The ghosts are made from meringue so not easy to form and I’m sure the pointy heads are thus likely necessary - just not a cake I’d bring anywhere these days without some tinkering.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Big RR wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:10 pm
To be fair, didn't the older ghosts (there were 3 or 4) in the Casper cartoons look pretty much the same way with the big pointy heads? And somehow the eyes on yellow or white cake wouldn't be the same. Sometimes a cigar...
Yes, but some people these days have to find something, anything to fuel their personal hate fire.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

There are good people on both sides of that cake.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

It’s all a matter of perspective.
4AB12115-4CFD-47DC-82A4-D0AD58584900.jpeg
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:54 am
It’s all a matter of perspective.
There's no way that's supposed to be Trump.
The tie fits too well.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

OTOH the penis is just about the right size...
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Surely one recognizes Devil’s Food cake as appropriate for Halloween. But that meringue, no. Just no.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Here's the link if you want to make it:

https://www.bettycrocker.co.uk/recipes/ ... ghost-cake

Betty Crocker, and in the UK. And I thought all they did was make Guy Fawkes cakes. :D

And it looks like the ghosts are not meringue, but gobs of vanilla frosting (I guess it's for kids, but meringue sounds so much better).

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:40 pm
Here's the link if you want to make it:

https://www.bettycrocker.co.uk/recipes/ ... ghost-cake

Betty Crocker, and in the UK. And I thought all they did was make Guy Fawkes cakes. :D

And it looks like the ghosts are not meringue, but gobs of vanilla frosting (I guess it's for kids, but meringue sounds so much better).
That’s not the source of the photo I posted. It wasn’t Betty Crocker and the ghosts were meringue - I read the recipe. I’ll try to find the original source. If you look at your picture you’ll see it’s quite obviously not the same cake or frosting or ghosts.

Here’s the original source. It’s the 3rd or 4th recipe as you scroll down the page; ghost meringues (KKKlansmen) are the focus of the cake. :nana
https://www.lacucinaitaliana.com/italia ... efresh_ce=
A big impact decoration for a Halloween cake that you can respect are ghost meringues. To prepare about twenty of them, you will need 2 egg whites and 4 oz caster sugar, a teaspoon of cream of tartar and to decorate with black food coloring. For the meringues, whip the egg whites and add the sugar a little at a time while continuing to whip. Finally, add the cream of tartar while continuing to whip with electric whisks at full power. Put the mixture in a sac a poche with a smooth tip and start creating the ghosts by squeezing the mixture forming two small rounds that end with a tuft on a sheet of baking paper already spread on a plate. Bake at 100°C for 40 minutes, let cool and draw eyes and a mouth with the help of a toothpick.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Thnaks BSG; I reaized it wasn't the same photo, but then Betty Crocker photos are always made on things that look like they were made by amateurs (presumably so people will try them), I thought yours was produced by a better baker. And I'd far rather have meringues ghosts than clumps of frosting.

Either way, white pointed headed ghosts on a brown cake having white eyes seems to be more common than I thought.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:14 pm
Either way, white pointed headed ghosts on a brown cake having over-large rolling white eyes seems to be more common than I thought.
FTFY
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Rolling? They look stationary to me. Of course it is a still photo.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I think he is considering the haphazard placement of pupils to be a depiction of rolling eyes in stationary form (it is, commonly - as in cartoons). Here it is most likely just imperfections of the cake decorator, not intended.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Possibly so. My first impression was of KKK figures "on top", with black/brown people hiding below ground in cellars or figuratively so, and their eyes rolling in panic and fear. What do I know?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

And you may well be correct Meade; at least I have no basis to dispute it (even though I doubt this is what Betty Crocker (or whoever else created the cake) intended). Personally I saw pointed headed (like the Casper cartoon) ghosts on top with eyes coming out of the darkness (like in many horror movies) but, like BSG, the ambiguity would keep me from bringing the cake to anyone's house.

And when you said "rolling" eyes I was thinking of some sort of plastic eye that moved; I was interested in where you saw that (perhaps in a recipe?).