Happy Thanksgiving Californians

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
TPFKA@W

Happy Thanksgiving Californians

Post by TPFKA@W »

I read this on the Book of Faces on one of my religious-righty relatives page, assumed it was nonsense. investigated and learned that it is fairly on point of what the Governor has ruled. I have to wonder whether people in general will follow the rules, since it all wounds like a lot of fun. I am off Thanksgiving through the following Tuesday, a fluke of scheduling, and will stay at home with just us 2 fixing a feast as we do some years.

Gov Newsome's rules for Thanksgiving.
1. No more than 3 households, including your own. If you have 3 married kids, only two of them are allowed to come.
2. Make a list of all attendees and their contact information in case the government wants it.
3. May not be indoors.
4. Your guests may go inside briefly to use the bathroom as long as you sanitize it frequently.
5. Any shade structure must be open on at least 3 sides.
6. Your chairs must be at least 6' apart.
7. You must provide a hand washing or sanitizing station for your guests.
8. You should only use single serving food. (No turkey or bowls of mash potatoes or cranberry salad.)
9. If you must serve out of one dish, your guests may not help themselves.
10. The designated person who is allowed to serve you must wash or sanitize their hands frequently and wear a face covering.
11. Everyone must wear a face covering at all times, except briefly while you eat (but you must sit 6' apart while you eat), or if you need to use an inhaler or for other urgent medical needs.
12. Keep the gathering to 2 hours or less.
13. You should not sing or chant. Physical exertion is warned against.
You think I'm joking? Nope. This came directly from the California Department of Health website.

Joe Guy

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Californians

Post by Joe Guy »

Interesting. I'm sure everybody will follow all those rules.

In the meantime I've decided to not hand out candy this year for Halloween. Instead I've decided to turn off the lights and close the shades at the front of the house and leave a large bowl out on the porch filled with Tide Pods.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The actual guidance document which, as you can see, was designed to apply to all private gatherings and was not, as stated, created specifically to restrict Thanksgiving gatherings. The list as presented above substantially misstates the guidance, whether by claiming that something is mandatory when it is a recommendation, or by exaggerating the scope of a restriction, or by inventing restrictions out of whole cloth, or by neglecting to mention parts of the guidance that are plain common sense.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Clearly it is a mis-statement as there is no Thanksgiving celebrated on the Woke Coast.

dales

Post by dales »

I will forgo Thanksgiving at my sister's home this year.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’m not planning on attending any family holiday gatherings, if they even happen. The home where we usually gather is home of a very immune compromised person, so I won’t be surprised if they don’t invite guests this year. I don’t want to be the person who unwittingly brings covid19 to a party, and I can’t afford to not work and to quarantine 14 days ahead of a gathering. I could get a free test I think, testing programs here are good - so maybe . . . but no, because a holiday meal means everyone’s got masks off eating and talking for an hour or more two feet across a table from each other. YUCK. I don’t want to risk catching covid19 either, so I’m not signing up for any group gatherings indoor maskless in the small confines of a typical middle class American home. No thanksgiving in that, and I think these holidays will be followed by a wave of tragedy if we don’t make sacrifices. As a person who works with elders I recognize the pain inherent in limiting visits and gatherings, but if my grandmother was alive I wouldn’t risk her 80 year old self to covid19 exposure knowing she’s got 15 more years left in her otherwise.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

I'll be at my mother's house this year, as usual. Off work Black Friday-so is Liz, which is unusual. Not doing anything for Halloween.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Those restrictions are based on the CDC guidance for the fall holidays, issued in September. Be smart and be safe.

We typically go to Maryland for Thanksgiving. Not this year - I have a trial the week after and cannot quarantine for two weeks (MD is not an unrestricted travel destination for MA residents). I may go to CT to be with my sister and the boyz, or I may stay here and cook for myself and my Swede. All still to be determined.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

wesw

Post by wesw »

so, no freedom of travel?

the communistwealth of Massachusetts?

where are your papers?!?!

you will be punished!!!!!

trump is gonna win new Hampshire.

and, possibly, the home of the first thanksgiving..., MA!!!!!!!

pilgrims for trump?

live free or die, guin.

don t be a sheep.

throw off the shackles

we got your six.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:36 pm
we got your six.
And there's been something like 225 thousand people who have had their 'six' covered because of Trump and company.

That's right.  Most funerals have six persons carrying the casket.

(incidentally, 225,00 Americans dead of Covid = approximately half the state of Wyoming — or the entire population of the US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Marianas Islands combined — wiped out ... and in the words of the Sonny and Cher song, "the beat goes on.")
-"BB"-
Last edited by Bicycle Bill on Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

wesw wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:36 pm
trump is gonna win new Hampshire.

and, possibly, the home of the first thanksgiving..., MA!!!!!!!

pilgrims for trump?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

forgiveness is good

pirates for trump?

the Chesapeake bay-cape cod bay alliance?

Methodists and puritans?

Wesley says..., united we stand, divided we fall

choose life

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I can only assume that wesw is self-medicating again.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

His drug dealer is back to making deliveries after his business had been put on hold by COVID for so many months.

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

nah, just being silly.

...but now that you mention it.

fuck, I was gonna say something about going out to the shed, jim and I joked about that.

I ll burn one for you , homie....

and I ll throw a bud on the firepit....

...if I can spare it... 8-)

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

wesw wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:58 pm
nah, just being silly.

...but now that you mention it.

fuck, I was gonna say something about going out to the shed, jim and I joked about that.

I ll burn one for you , homie....

and I ll throw a bud on the firepit....

...if I can spare it... 8-)
Editec?!
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

You don't get to pretend to have shared any sort of good memories with Jim now that he is dead and can't answer for himself, not after the vile and despicable things you said about him when he was alive. You dirty his name by speaking it.

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

editec?

I have tonnes of good memories with jim.

jim and I could always share a laugh, even when wee were going hammer and tongs at each others politics, and, occasionally each others character.

that is why I liked him.

we could forgive each other.

I liked him and I believe that he liked me

so, tough tittie, penelope

dales

Post by dales »

Don't flatter yourself.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

wesw

Post by wesw »

don t fellate yourself, you ll throw your back out....

...trust me

8-)