Insurrectionists have breached the Capitol

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
dales

Re: Insurrectionists have breached the Capitol

Post by dales »

We don't need martyrs.

Clear out the rabble from the Capitol Building and let the electoral process continue.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I agree Dales; and prosecute them like the criminals that they are. Not revolutionaries; not even terrorists, just criminals.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

If this breaks up today with no more violence, someday this protest might only be seen as a day when a bunch of inbred Trump-loving hicks vandalized the Capitol building. If it gets worse tonight, who knows?

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Sue U wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:56 pm
Big RR wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:34 pm
I have to disagree; the initial protest ppears to have been mounted to seek the same sort of redress and have their voices heard. And is the occupation of the capitol all that much different from occupation of government and university buildings by protestors? I disagree that they are seeking to overthrow the government, but they do want to influence it. I am not defending their aims, but I do not think it amounts to insurrection; face it, a handful of yahoos cannot take over the US government. They are seeking to be heard, but are doing it horrendously.

That being said, they are criminals and rioters and deserve to be arrested, just as we did (and often were) when we occupied buildings.

Remember, once we allow the government to declare protestors, even violent one, as treasonous, we lose any right to seek redress from government for alternative views. By all means, punish them for their criminal actions; but letting the government ban protests as treason scares me more than they do.
If their sad Loserpalooza had remained on the streets and in public areas they could have protested their stupid heads off all they wanted. But they didn't just want to be heard. They violently broke into the Capitol building expressly to halt the process of the orderly transfer of power and install their preferred leader over the democratically elected choice of the American people. And they did so with the intent of sparking an insurrection among like-minded pin-heads.

If they (or anyone else) want to have a revolution, they should be prepared for the consequences of losing that revolution. But these people are play-acting cowards egged on by a megalomaniac and given cover by GOP leadership. It's gross and an insult to the memories of genuine revolutionaries.
THIS THIS THIS

Also, impeach and remove. This week.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Finally, Congratulations to all the fuckheads who believed Hillary Clinton was a threat to Democracy.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Big RR wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:02 pm
Joe Guy wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:53 pm
I just heard the National Guard is on the way. What? Are they mounting their horses? Did they just get the news that our nation's Capitol has been breached?
I heard that the DC National Guard is mobilized and present, and Maryland and Virginia Guard members are "on the way". From what I heard, the DC mayor did what was necessary to mobilize the DC guard last night.
I heard that DOD refused the DC Metro request to activate the National Guard, at least until the Capitol was breached.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Current events indicate Ms Clinton was too polite when she called some of Trump's supporters "a basket of deplorables."

snailgate

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Well, a woman was shot and died. Charge them all with her death.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

All removal, either by impeachment or 25th amendment will do, is to assure Trump gets a pardon from President Pence (not that I think he'd ever be prosecuted anyway).

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Jim Wright, on Facebook:
Joe Biden needs to drop this reconciliation bullshit.

When he and Democrats take office on the 20th, THAT DAY they need to cease negotiation with Republicans and just start ramming through their agenda. Expand SCOTUS, stack the courts. Universal healthcare. Tax the rich, tax the corporations, tax the goddamned churches, make these sons of bitches pay their fair share. Take the goddamned guns, impose sane gun laws, hunt down the militias and pull their fangs. Defund the police, reform the police, whatever it takes. Regulate the shit out of the banks. Free college for every student. Make DC and Puerto Rico states. Do it. Feed the hungry, clothe the poor, heal the sick, all of it. ALL OF IT.

Drop the goddamn hammer on these people and if Republicans don't like it, well, too damn bad. They didn't give a shit what any of us thought, fuck your feelings, right? What goes around damned well comes around. Trump cost them the White House, the House, The Senate, all of it. That's on THEM, let them reap the consequences.

We're not going to save The Republic by negotiating with seditionists, insurrectionists, terrorists, and motherfuckers who think the rest of us aren't human. These people should be in prison and their leaders along with them, including Donald Trump and his rotten miserable family of criminals.

We can't treat insurrectionists who are right now LITERALLY trying to burn down our country, we can't treat these people as if they are reasonable responsible citizens. Because they AREN'T.

They tried to stage a coup. They tried to stage a coup marching under the flags of Nazi Germany and the goddamn Confederacy. That's who they are. Fascists. Traitors. Racists. They should be treated accordingly.

Don't negotiate with terrorists.

Ram through the progressive agenda. All of it. Shitcan the filibuster, expand SCOTUS, whatever it takes, and get it done.
Isolate these bastards, render them powerless, save the Republic.

The time for half measures has passed.
:ok :clap:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

What a bunch of over emotional crap. Not that I’m feeling especially balanced at the moment but this tit for tat bullshit isn’t helping anyone.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Aggressive? Yes. Tit for tat? Hardly. The GOP has been literally thwarting the will of the majority for the last 12 years. Elections have consequences and those consequences are that the victors' policies get implemented. Also, the Sedition Caucuses of the House and Senate should be expelled immediately.
GAH!

liberty

Post by liberty »

What right does Shit Head have to call for the killing of thousands of Americans when he is not even an American; his sperm donor deserted the US rather than fight communist. Wasn’t it Shit Head, Crack Head, and Comrade Sue who were smiling at the killing of police just a few months ago? And, now they want the police to kill for them. Why don't they do their own killing?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

You don’t change minds by belittling people there is now a sizable chunk of our population that is so fucking damaged that they think the shit happening in our capital is a good thing and a sizable portion can’t be dismissed as “deplorables”. We need to focus on what unites us because if we don’t this country will fLl apart.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Big RR wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:59 pm
All removal, either by impeachment or 25th amendment will do, is to assure Trump gets a pardon from President Pence (not that I think he'd ever be prosecuted anyway).
If impeached and removed, they can also ensure he is not eligible to run for President again. That’s good enough for me.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

He is only a symptom not the problem.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Wow all this White on White Crime in DC is just deplorable.
Thugs! Do they not have jobs? Criminals, Rioters, Domestic Terrorists.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Watching the white MAGAts being mollycoddled by the police right now is making my blood boil. Remember all those cracked skulls and rubber bullet injuries that happened all over the USA this summer? And in DC.

But not the MAGAts; pat them on the head and kindly ask them to go home. Then do nothing when they won’t.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

I know...it's almost like white people don't fear being executed for not complying with lawful police orders. ;)
God @The Tweet of God