Settling bets. Screw an American rennaisance. Feel good is better.

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Darren

Settling bets. Screw an American rennaisance. Feel good is better.

Post by Darren »

I've been on the road four days this week. Got back last night. This morning I leave on a trip to Arizona as part of a group moving several 15' high loads. To settle my bets, respond to this thread as to amount. I'd appreciate a link to the original post.

PM your name and address so I can pay you. Or pm your email and I can pay you direct via Paypal.

If you have qualms about providing your personal info via pm, I propose the following since I've met and trust Guin if she accepts. PM your name and address to her. I'll mail her postal money orders in the amount of the bet along with $100 for her time if that's acceptable to her. I'll also send stamped envelopes for her use. She can complete the payee portion of the money order and mail them to you.

Keep in mind I will not have internet access for the next two weeks (estimated). I'm still using a flip phone.

I'll Paypal or mail out your money orders by the end of the month.

The DC Trump rally was Trump's Waterloo. It was a strategic mistake. Why? By now he should have realized if something could go wrong, it would.

I ran into a bus load of passengers at a truck stop that had been to the rally. They were middle aged and older. One man showed me pictures of a kid, looked like a teenager, before he broke a window in the Capitol with some sort of striking device. The kid disappeared into the crowd. Immediately afterwards they heard someone crashing a door.

More on the election later and why rejoining the Paris Accords may have unfortunate unintended consequences for many.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Settling bets. Screw an American rennaisance. Feel good is better.

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Here we go with alt.facts narrative disguised as observation
One man showed me pictures of a kid, looked like a teenager, before he broke a window in the Capitol with some sort of striking device. The kid disappeared into the crowd. Immediately afterwards they heard someone crashing a door.
Uh huh - the mysterious "kid" with a "striking device" who then "vanished" and then "they" heard summat.

Wait for it . . . wait for it . . .

. . . them damn leftists paid by Soros to make Trump people look bad, same way they was paid to disrupt peaceful BLM (yeah, din't you know they was peaceful except for paid ANTIFA agents?).

There we are, the point.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:10 pm
There we are, the point.
Pffft. Why go with the obvious facts we all saw live on the Tee-Vee when there's a ridiculous conspiracy theory to be had?
GAH!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Interesting. A kid. Probably a teenager. With an unidentified striking device. Disappeared.

There you have it.

I knew Trump had nothing to do with that riot.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

(1) viewtopic.php?p=299466#p299466
Darren wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:11 pm
Econoline wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:41 pm
Darren wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:49 pm
To everyone else, money talks, bull shit walks.

Who wants to bet Biden will win after the audits/recounts are finished and lawsuits are settled?

I'm in for any amount up to $100. Don't be bashful people.
:ok Okay, I'm in for $100, payable to the American Civil Liberties Union.
Accepted!
(2) viewtopic.php?p=299514#p299514
(2a)viewtopic.php?p=299516#p299516
Darren wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:12 am
Econoline wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:56 pm
Darren wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:13 pm
Have I not acknowledged any bets including that Trump takes Pennsylvania?
When you made that comment I asked if you were offering an additional, separate bet on the Pennsylvania outcome but you didn't reply. I guess it's too late now, and anyway I would feel guilty about taking any more of your money at this point (even though Planned Parenthood or 350.org probably could use an extra $100 ;) ).

ETA: what Sue said.^^^^^ :ok
I'll take the bet for $100.
Econoline wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:21 am
Really? Well...I'm not greedy, but I do like to be generous to organizations that do good work and need money. You're on.
(And I've decided that the second $100 goes to Planned Parenthood. I'll PM you my personal details later.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

wesw

Post by wesw »

well, i haven t read the thread, but i skimmed the op, and i assume that darren is paying off his losses.

you are a good man , charlie brown.

sincerely , ww

Gob

Post by Gob »

Oh the fucking IRONY!! wes the cowardly shitbag congratulating someone on paying off debts?!?!?

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

liberty

Post by liberty »

You guys are a bunch of hypocrites; if it had been leftist that had occupied the capital that would have been justifiable. That makes make me wonder, what will you say when the phony president Biden sells out the US to China? Considering how the left has divided this country, you still tell we could win a serious war. That is bullshit, and everyone but a fool knows it. If I was Putin' I would invade and conquer Ukraine as soon as the phony president Biden takes office. Biden is too much of a fucking coward to do anything about it.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

liberty wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:35 pm
You guys are a bunch of hypocrites; if it had been leftist that had occupied the capital that would have been justifiable.
There you go thinking for other people again.
liberty wrote:
That makes make me wonder, what will you say when the phony president Biden sells out the US to China?
I'll say, "Oh my, Biden has sold out the US to China!"

btw - how will he do that?
liberty wrote:
Considering how the left has divided this country, you still tell we could win a serious war. That is bullshit, and everyone but a fool knows it. If I was Putin' I would invade and conquer Ukraine as soon as the phony president Biden takes office. Biden is too much of a fucking coward to do anything about it.
If I didn't know better, I'd think you were DJ Trump. You have been absorbed.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
You guys are a bunch of hypocrites; if it had been leftist that had occupied the capital that would have been justifiable. That makes make me wonder, what will you say when the phony president Biden sells out the US to China? Considering how the left has divided this country, you still tell we could win a serious war. That is bullshit, and everyone but a fool knows it. If I was Putin' I would invade and conquer Ukraine as soon as the phony president Biden takes office. Biden is too much of a fucking coward to do anything about it.
The country our military is sworn to defend is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, not Ukraine.  Have we even signed any 'mutual protection/mutual assistance' treaties with any of the former Soviet republics?

Now, let Putin try to invade someplace like Key West, the Aleutians, Puerto Rico, or even the Marianas Islands, and that would be an entirely different story.  As for the ending, I refer you to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Sure there would be more collateral damage in the US as well, but when everything was done being fired/launched/dropped, the results would be the same.

And maybe it wouldn't.  Send two or three Nimitz-class carriers into the Pacific/Sea of Japan area, and then have a couple of Ohio-class boomers pop up and go "Peek-a-boo, I see you" a couple hundred miles off-shore of the Kamchatka Peninsula, and Putin may make the wise decision that it just ain't worth it.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:49 pm
  Have we even signed any 'mutual protection/mutual assistance' treaties with any of the former Soviet republics?
Yes: Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia are all members of NATO.

And Ukraine is a member of the UN.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

reference: viewtopic.php?p=298403#p298403

I'm sending you a PM, Darren.  Instead of BikeFed Wisconsin, though, I've changed my mind.

As you may or may not know, I lost a good friend to Covid back at the beginning of December.  In her obituary, she mentioned a couple of institutions to which memorials might be sent, so your $50.00 will be donated to 'Neighborhood House' in St. Paul, MN, in memory of Katie Barefoot.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:24 am
reference: viewtopic.php?p=298403#p298403

I'm sending you a PM, Darren.  Instead of BikeFed Wisconsin, though, I've changed my mind.

As you may or may not know, I lost a good friend to Covid back at the beginning of December.  In her obituary, she mentioned a couple of institutions to which memorials might be sent, so your $50.00 will be donated to 'Neighborhood House' in St. Paul, MN, in memory of Katie Barefoot.
-"BB"-
It's been 72 hours since I posted this and sent Darren a PM with my address (as noted above).  Last night, two days later, the PM was still in the outbox; it was retrieved, finally, sometime within the past 24 hours.  I have heard nothing else from him since then.

Now, it may be that he is just sending the check to the address I provided him, but one would think that it wouldn't have been that taxing a task for him to acknowledge receipt by replying to the PM and perhaps apprising me of his intended actions.  We shall see what develops.
-"BB"-

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:49 pm
liberty wrote:
The country our military is sworn to defend is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, not Ukraine.  Have we even signed any 'mutual protection/mutual assistance' treaties with any of the former Soviet republics?

-"BB"-
It is not the real estate of Ukraine that is important; what matters is the handwriting on the wall and what it says about our future.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Econoline

Re: Darren *NOT* settling bets.

Post by Econoline »

Just bringing this thread up to the top in order to note, for the record, that Darren has NOT settled the two bets he made with me (one on the national election results, one on the Pennsylvania vote certification).

I have sent him two PMs (one on January 8, another on February 1) with all the information he asked for, including my full name and my home address, and have gotten no response.
Darren wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:09 am
I've been on the road four days this week. Got back last night. This morning I leave on a trip to Arizona as part of a group moving several 15' high loads. To settle my bets, respond to this thread as to amount. I'd appreciate a link to the original post.

PM your name and address so I can pay you. Or pm your email and I can pay you direct via Paypal.

If you have qualms about providing your personal info via pm, I propose the following since I've met and trust Guin if she accepts. PM your name and address to her. I'll mail her postal money orders in the amount of the bet along with $100 for her time if that's acceptable to her. I'll also send stamped envelopes for her use. She can complete the payee portion of the money order and mail them to you.

Keep in mind I will not have internet access for the next two weeks (estimated). I'm still using a flip phone.

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

wesw wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:46 pm
well, i haven t read the thread, but i skimmed the op, and i assume that darren is paying off his losses.

you are a good man , charlie brown.

sincerely , ww
I have wes on "IGNORE" but I just noticed he'd posted in this thread and I was curious about what he said.

It appears that wes is wrong again, so that's nothing new or interesting.

:fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu :fu
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Econoline wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:47 pm
Just bringing this thread up to the top in order to note, for the record, that Darren has NOT settled the two bets he made with me (one on the national election results, one on the Pennsylvania vote certification).

I have sent him two PMs (one on January 8, another on February 1) with all the information he asked for, including my full name and my home address, and have gotten no response.
Darren wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:09 am

God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I asked him to send the check to my PO Box; when I last checked about a week ago there was nothing there either.

Maybe I should Bruno and the boys over to see if they can help him find his checkbook......
-"BB"-

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Of course I never be him but I see it as a small price for his absence
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

dales

Post by dales »

Darrin is acting as his hero Trump.

He stiffs people he owes money to.

What a turd.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato