Home for Random Thoughts

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Home for Random Thoughts

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Did you ever realize that the word "MERCEDES" contains the letter 'E' three times....

And the letter is pronounced differently each time it appears?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

And there's yet another E and yet another pronunciation in Benz.

Of course if you take your Merc to New Zealand you'll find at least two more ways of pronouncing the letter E.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:34 pm
Did you ever realize that the word "MERCEDES" contains the letter 'E' three times....

And the letter is pronounced differently each time it appears?
-"BB"-
Stealing that.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Back in the 90's I bought something called a "fart machine". It is operated by remote and has about 4-5 different tones of toot. The grandspawn were here for the annual Easter egg hunt Sunday and one of the gifts they got was a putty one squeezes and it produces a nice, juicy fart tone. It was a big hit, but I remembered my fart machine languishing in a drawer and went in search of it. I found it and found that the batteries had corroded and asked hubby to fix. He fixed it and then put fresh batteries in it and left it on the dining room table for me. Later I heard a loud fart noise which was odd as I was the only one in the house. I found that husband was out back loading up fishing poles into the new Navigator. He had used the remote to unlock it. I mentioned that I thought the remote set off my antique fart machine and being a man being told anything somewhat improbable by a female he clearly did not believe me. Fine. Off we went fishing for the day. When we returned from fishing I asked him to make sure the SUV was locked. He hit the remote while standing at the front door and was startled when the fart machine went off. "Huh, it does make it go off." Yeah Mr. I told you that earlier. Men.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Have you tried unlocking your Navigator with your fart machine remote?

I would just like to add that the fact you have a fart machine kicks you up a notch on my most admired people at Plan B list.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Yes.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Not exactly on point but back when I traveled a lot, my company had a contract with Hertz for car rentals. In most of the destinations I went to they would give you a white ford car, typically a taurus, and the rental lot was full of identical cars. One time I recall renting a car and going to a mall, when I got out I located the car and drove out of the lot; after about a half mile, I saw in the mirror there were packages in the back seat and realized this was not my car. I brought it back (and thankfully it was not missed) and located my car a couple of rows away. Both were white taurus hertz renal cars and the only way to identify them was by the license number which was printed on the key tag (this was when still we had regular metal keys). I emntione this to one of the attendants I came to know and she told me that all Hertz cars (at least the same model) were keyed the same so they would never be at loss for a key; I don't know if this is/was true, but I made sure to check the license number from then on.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I would just like to add that the fact you have a fart machine kicks you up a notch on my most admired people at Plan B list.
Anyone who is anyone knows fart machines are a musthave fashion accessory. They simply never go out of style. Now available as a phone app.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

True, but unlike phone apps, the fart machine I have came with Velcro tapes you could use to attach the machine under a dining room chair--when the remote was used, hilarity ensued.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Big RR wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:47 pm
True, but unlike phone apps, the fart machine I have came with Velcro tapes you could use to attach the machine under a dining room chair--when the remote was used, hilarity ensued.
Been there, done that and it likely explains why my invitations declined after the fart machine acquisition.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:lol: :ok

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I would really enjoy punching Tucker Carlson in the face with a one-two-three punch. I'd also like to kick Ted Cruz in his tiny shriveling nuts.

Just a thought....

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:33 pm
Anyone who is anyone knows fart machines are a musthave fashion accessory. They simply never go out of style. Now available as a phone app.
Big RR wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:47 pm
Don't need either the machine or the app.  My original organic fart generator still works just fine.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

But can the fart machine duplicate the old Sugar Bum Flarey trick?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Once a woman becomes a mother herself.....

She realizes that when her own mother accidentally pulled her hair while combing or brushing it, she wasn't really as sorry as she said she was.
-"BB"-

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I learned today that there are clown commandments, 8 of them.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Only 8?

Before the China Virus invaded our shores, we built the world’s most prosperous economy.
Brought jobs, factories, and industries back to the USA.
Hit record stock market numbers and record 401ks.
Achieved a record-setting economic comeback by rejecting blanket lockdowns.
Jobs and investments are pouring into Opportunity Zones.
Ended the regulatory assault on American Businesses and Workers.
Americans now have more money in their pockets.
Secured historic trade deals to defend American workers.
Advanced women’s economic empowerment.
Preserved American jobs for American workers and rejected the importation of cheap foreign labor.
Acted early to combat the China Virus in the United States

Oh sorry. I thought you wrote "clown claims"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Calling that man a clown is an insult to all clowns, even John Wayne Gacy.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Mousse. After six months without a haircut I have resorted to styling my hair with mousse. I haven't used mousse since the 1980s when I tried to wear my hair like the guys from a-ha.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

On the upside, you have enough hair to properly use that product.