The Day Martin Luther King Died

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

The Day Martin Luther King Died

Post by Joe Guy »

Having not heard this since way back when, I listened to a recording of Robert Kennedy's speech today on the radio and was impressed by Robert Kennedy's ability to speak so well when announcing the news that Mr King had just been assassinated.

(It pains me to imagine what our ex 45th president would have said in this situation)

Senator Robert F. Kennedy
Indianapolis, Indiana
April 4, 1968

"....It seems the good, they die young"

dales

Re: The Day Martin Luther King Died

Post by dales »

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I remember the day before, when I listened on the radio to Dr. Kings last speech, the only one I heard live. "If you collect garbage, collect garbage for the Glory of God." I stayed close to the radio the nite he was killed and I have wondered ever since, what happened to the white mustang all the cops were chasing? I remember the local Justice of the Peace in Midland Michigan who refused to lower the flag out side his courtroom building to half staff. I remember riots in Detroit that ended when the National Guard came in with jeeps with quad .50s and used them to cut down apartment buildings.

snailgate.

liberty

Post by liberty »

I was at Gary Job Corps Center when MLK was killed; as a sacrifice, two white boys were stomped to death. You won’t find any mention of the event because white boy’s lives don’t matter. In pre-Christian times among tribal people, when a king would die, slaves were sacrificed to serve their master in the afterlife.

Can you see in the above post what was meant to be an opinion and what was meant to statement of fact?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I give up - what's the statement of fact?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:05 pm
I was at Gary Job Corps Center when MLK was killed; as a sacrifice, two white boys were stomped to death. You won’t find any mention of the event because  ̷w̷h̷i̷t̷e̷ ̷b̷o̷y̷’̷s̷ ̷l̷i̷v̷e̷s̷ ̷d̷o̷n̷’̷t̷ ̷m̷a̷t̷t̷e̷r̷.̷  I just made up the whole fucking thing. In pre-Christian times among tribal people, when a king would die, slaves were sacrificed to serve their master in the afterlife.

Can you see in the above post what was meant to be an opinion and what was meant to statement of fact?
Fixed it for you, liberty.

And I'm beginning to see why you selected that specific handle.  You're cracked even worse than the bell is.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:25 pm
liberty wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:05 pm
I was at Gary Job Corps Center when MLK was killed; as a sacrifice, two white boys were stomped to death. You won’t find any mention of the event because  ̷w̷h̷i̷t̷e̷ ̷b̷o̷y̷’̷s̷ ̷l̷i̷v̷e̷s̷ ̷d̷o̷n̷’̷t̷ ̷m̷a̷t̷t̷e̷r̷.̷  I just made up the whole fucking thing. In pre-Christian times among tribal people, when a king would die, slaves were sacrificed to serve their master in the afterlife.

Fixed it for you, liberty.

And I'm beginning to see why you selected that specific handle.  You're cracked even worse than the bell is.
-"BB"-
That is where you are wrong; it did happen, and I almost had my chance to be beaten down. It has been over fifty years, but here are the facts as I remember them:
I was at Gary job Corps Center in1968.
I arrived the same day that MLK was killed.
White boys were being attacked and beat down.
Some boys were seriously injured, and one or two died. I didn’t witness the deaths myself personally, but that was the word of mouth that circulating the base. And then the administration held an assembly and reported the deaths, and threatened to close the center if the attacks didn’t stop.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

OK, even though you cannot provide eyewitness testimony or factual and verifiable data, merely hearsay evidence —
liberty wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:00 am
I didn’t witness the deaths myself personally, but that was the word of mouth that circulating the base.
I will still retract my statement that you made it up.  After all, it IS verifiable fact that there were riots, violence, and civil disorder in something like 100 cities across the country following the assassination of MLK.  Given that, there may indeed have been two white people in Gary who were killed at the hands of rampaging blacks who were, of course, merely exemplifying the ideals of Dr. King by doing so.

What's the saying?  You can take an animal out of the wild, but you can't take the wild out of the animal?

My observation about your choice of handle still stands, however.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:16 am
rampaging blacks who were, of course, merely exemplifying the ideals of Dr. King by doing so.

What's the saying?  You can take an animal out of the wild, but you can't take the wild out of the animal?
Either I'm not understanding your point or liberty should be your handle too
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:40 am
Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:16 am
rampaging blacks who were, of course, merely exemplifying the ideals of Dr. King by doing so.

Either I'm not understanding your point or liberty should be your handle too
I shouldn't have to explain it, but the use of the term 'exemplifying' was sarcasm.

Martin Luther King espoused confrontation, but NON-VIOLENT confrontation.  "Stomping" someone to death, or rioting in over one hundred locations across the nation, hardly fit with his message.  But no matter what MLK stood for — the response was for this group of melanin-rich individuals to turn into packs of marauding hyenas in order to "get Whitey".

And we see it yet today, fifty-some years later.  Just look at what happened in Minneapolis following the death of George Floyd.  Tell me — just whatinthehell did a liquor store or an auto parts store on Lake Street, or a Target store a half-mile away, or a sci-fi bookstore on Chicago Avenue (over a mile away) have to do with a police officer kneeling on a suspect's neck?  But it didn't matter to the "protestors" ... they (and others) were all looted, vandalized, and/or went up in smoke anyway.

In fact, that seems to be the way of the world today, no matter where you look.  You're pissed off about something?  Make up some signs, hit the streets, and chant something about "Justice for (whatever/whoever)" or "Stop the Steal".  Then, once it gets dark, ditch the signs so you've got both hands free to smash and burn shit, grab whatever you can as "reparations", and generally create chaos.  Yeah, that'll get you what you want all right.
-"BB"-

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:30 am
I shouldn't have to explain it, but the use of the term 'exemplifying' was sarcasm.
Yes, you should. Thank you for clarification. Care to have a crack at "you can take the animal out of the wild but you can't take the wild out of the animal"? More sarcasm or a bit of a giveaway? :shrug

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

No, that should be obvious.  Underneath the thin veneer of civilization, people — ALL people — are animals with animal instincts, and it doesn't take much for those instincts to come to the fore once the veneer cracks.

Blacks don't get what they want?  Indiscriminately destroy the neighborhood.
White racists don't get what they want?  Go storm the US Capitol.
Muslims don't get what they want?  Declare a jihad.
Protestants and Catholics in Ireland don't get along?  You get 'Bloody Sunday' and "The Troubles".
Brexiteers don't get what they want?  You get a resurgence of "The Troubles".

And it doesn't have to be a group, either.  Someone doesn't like where you appear to come from (most recently seen directed against people who appear to be Asian, although other ethnic minorities have had their time when the hatred was at them)?  Get sucker-punched or worse.
Someone cuts you off on the freeway?  Grab your Glock out of the glove compartment and open fire.

Now do you get the picture?
-"BB"-

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

You have a problem with context in your first post. How it reads is that you apply the word "animals" solely to rioting African-Americans (the subject of liberty's draft introduction to Mein Mongolian Kampf). That is the only group to which you referred in that post. What you meant is not what you wrote, although I'm sure that you thought it was clear - much as I do about some of my gaffes. :ok

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:43 am
You have a problem with context in your first post. How it reads is that you apply the word "animals" solely to rioting African-Americans (the subject of liberty's draft introduction to Mein Mongolian Kampf). That is the only group to which you referred in that post. What you meant is not what you wrote, although I'm sure that you thought it was clear - much as I do about some of my gaffes. :ok
Bull shit, Meade thugs don't deserve respect. Any people, regardless of race, who believe they have the right to assault and kill or destroy a person lively hood and life's work deserves only a bullet. To call such people hyenas is, if anything, an insult to hyenas. I have more respect for the hyena than the thug; the hyena is just an animals, he is just responding to his instincts. I hold people to a higher standard. A certain number of the rioters had to be white, and they too were rampaging hyenas. If you think burning some person's auto parts store deserves respect, well, I hope you lose something dear to you to help develop a little empathy for other people.

BTW the only time that the destruction of property is acceptable is during war, and in war your enemy has the right to do to you what you do to him.

Let me add this somewhat recent and personal story: A friend and neighbor of mine decided to go into the hog raising business. I can hear now the red-neck pig jokes. If you want to make jokes about my friend, go ahead.
Because pigs tend to produce a smell, he placed the pig pin in his woods next to the creek. He started with one breeding pair and built up a pretty good-sized herd with a couple of litters. He went out one day to check on his hogs, and someone had shot them all with what looked like a 22. I thought it was a disgusting thing to do; that was the act hyena as far as I am concerned. Let me ask you, does the thug deserves to be called a hyena, or does he deserve respect. I thought I knew who the shooter was, but I had no evidence; all I knew was that he is white and Ed is black and that he had complained that Ed had logged the tree on land which he hunted squires and rabbits. He, the suspect, said Ed had no right to cut those trees. I said in reply, you're wrong. That is Ed'S land. He can sell his trees if he wants. Ed reported the killing of his to the sheriff, but nothing ever came of it. And I didn't tell my friend my suspicions; I wasn't sure what he might do. But it was only a small sit back Ed is raising cows now and doing pretty well at it. When I think of the dead pigs now after all these years, it still makes me mad.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty, you've got the snap-band on that MAGA hat of yours at least one notch too tight.  Go back and show me ANYWHERE where Meade — or I — said burning an auto-parts store was worthy of respect.  My exact words were
Tell me — just whatinthehell did a liquor store or an auto parts store on Lake Street, or a Target store a half-mile away, or a sci-fi bookstore on Chicago Avenue (over a mile away) have to do with a police officer kneeling on a suspect's neck?  But it didn't matter to the "protestors" ... they (and others) were all looted, vandalized, and/or went up in smoke anyway.
Since I apparently have to spell it out for you, and in big letters to boot — In this case I was calling out the protestors — and at no point did I say they were only of one race, color, or ethnic descent; hell, I didn't even say they were all liberals! — for senseless vandalism, looting, and arson just for the sake of, as at least one protestor was quoted in the Minneapolis papers in the couple of days following, "getting someone's attention."

So kindly go eff-off until you are capable of comprehending the written word at something above a 4th-grade level.

And thank you for the bucolic story of your friend who was raising feral hogs and got pissed off when someone shot them before they could become too serious a problem.
-"BB"-

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:25 am
If you think burning some person's auto parts store deserves respect, well, I hope you lose something dear to you to help develop a little empathy for other people.
I bet you competed for the USA in Stupid

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I do think that hunting squires is a bit beyond the pale.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Merde! It is the act hyena!

liberty

Post by liberty »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:32 pm
I do think that hunting squires is a bit beyond the pale.
Some say they taste better as pages, but I have a soft heart and prefer to let them grow. I bet you are a veal eater.

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:24 am
liberty wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:25 am
If you think burning some person's auto parts store deserves respect, well, I hope you lose something dear to you to help develop a little empathy for other people.
I bet you competed for the USA in Stupid
The tone of your writing sounded like you were demanding respect for black rioters. It does not matter what the race rioters maybe they deserve nothing. Do you know how hard it to make it in business? Most businesses fail in five years.