Now Bob Dylan accused of sexual abuse of 12 year old girl

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
ex-khobar Andy

Now Bob Dylan accused of sexual abuse of 12 year old girl

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

The woman, now 65, alleges that this abuse occurred over six weeks in 1965.

I understand that someone might be reluctant to come forward. And I have no knowledge of Dylan's personal behavior beyond what we read in the papers. But seriously? Unless there is evidence - witnesses, hotel receipts, photographs, stained blue dresses, that sort of thing - there is no way this should progress. 56 years later is ridiculous.

Apparently
The lawsuit comes on the final day of the New York State’s Child Victim Act look-back window, which closed Saturday, 14 August. The measure had offered reprieve for adults time-barred from filing civil suits for abuse suffered as children.
I have no quarrel with the idea behind the Act, but an accusation has to be supported with some evidence. Maybe there is some. We'll see.

Edited to correct a couple of typos.
Last edited by ex-khobar Andy on Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Guy

Re: Now Bob Dylan accused of sexual abuseof 12 year old girl

Post by Joe Guy »

Bob should say to the judge:

"Do you take me for such a fool, to think I'd make contact
With the one who tries to hide what she don't know to begin with?"

or something similar....

ex-khobar Andy

Re: Now Bob Dylan accused of sexual abuse of 12 year old girl

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

A Dylan biographer and expert is weighing in and saying it just cannot be true - he was touring Europe and California for most of that time.
Dylan biographer Clinton Heylin told HuffPost he is skeptical about the allegations. His most recent book, “The Double Life Of Bob Dylan: A Restless, Hungry Feeling (1941-1966),” covers the period when the abuse allegedly happened in considerable detail.

Heylin said he can’t figure out when any meetings between Dylan and the accuser could have taken place.

“It’s not possible. Dylan was touring England during that time, and was in Los Angeles for two of those weeks, plus a day or two at Woodstock,” in upstate New York, Heylin told HuffPost. “The tour was 10 days, but Bob flew into London on April 26 and arrived back in New York on June 3.”

“If Dylan was in New York in mid-April, it was for no more than a day or two,” he added. “Woodstock was where he spent most of his time when not touring. And if he was in NYC, he invariably stayed at his manager’s apartment in Gramercy, not the Chelsea.”