California Fault Line

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: California Fault Line

Post by Econoline »

fox-voter-fraud.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

liberty

Post by liberty »

Racist liberal democrat wears a gorilla mask while throwing eggs at a black man.

California recall candidate Larry Elder targeted by egg-throwing hostile crowd (yahoo.com)

California recall candidate Larry Elder targeted by egg-throwing hostile crowd
Misty Severi
Wed, September 8, 2021, 6:06 PM•1 min read

At least one egg was thrown at Larry Elder, the Republican front-runner in the California gubernatorial recall election, during a confrontation with a hostile crowd while walking with his team on Wednesday.
Local reporters posted video to social media that showed an individual wearing a gorilla mask and tossing an egg in the direction of the conservative radio host, who was in the Venice neighborhood of Los Angeles to tour a homeless encampment.
"It kind of glanced his head," an Elder campaign staffer said of at least one flying object, according to the Los Angeles Times.
DEMOCRATS UNLEASH BIGOTED ATTACK ON LARRY ELDER
Elder's entourage, which included local officials, was also subject to profane shouts and shoving. Elder left early after encountering the angry crowd comprised of homeless people and activists.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

1/6/21 — a group of Republicans, egged on (see what I did there?) by then-POTUS Donald Trump, engaged in a clash with Capital Police in Washington DC, occupying and vandalizing the halls of government and otherwise interfering with governmental processes already in progress, shutting down a session of the House of Representatives and forcing members of the House to be evacuated for their own safety or to otherwise flee in fear for their lives.  Yet this was dismissed, even now, by the perpetrators as an example of 'peaceful assembly and demonstration' and compared to a crowd of visitors on any other day.

Now — Oh my God, someone threw an egg at a Republican.  Didn't even hit him.  But stop the fucking presses!  Order must be restored!!
Whaddya gonna do – outlaw eggs?

Uhh... Let's look at that Second Amendment again.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed
Since it doesn't specifically detail what are considered to be 'arms', I guess that would include the right to keep and bear eggs too.
And remember — eggs don't kill people; other people kill people.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Reminds of the time someone rolled an Oreo cookie towards a stage where Michael Steele was speaking, and the story morphed until it was claimed that the air was thick with thousands of Oreos being pelted at him.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Larry's security people quickly scrambled. He kept walking but looked a bit shell-shocked...

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I don't defend throwing stuff at people, even a candidate as nutty as Elder (and among Republicans these days, he's pretty main-stream). However I had to laugh at the clip. He was quickly whisked away by security. What the fuck was security doing in the few seconds before the egg? Ineffective.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I agree; wouldn't someone in a halloween mask raise any suspicion?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:38 pm
He was quickly whisked away by security.
Seems appropriate

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

rubato

Post by rubato »

I don't think anyone (like Larry Elder) who says that the minimum wage should be abolished and global warming isn't real can be governor. But if I am wrong he will have two years to do absolutely nothing and be voted out.

My robust optimism has suffered serious damage by Trumpisme but it is not dead by a long chalk.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

Elder is a pure demagogue. All noise, no substance.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

From what I've read, it looks now as though Newsom, or more accurately "No, I don't want to recall the governor" is going to win by a landslide. The recall movement is a big waste of time, especially since Newsom's term ends next year.

liberty

Post by liberty »

And none of you are offended by the racism of the monkey suit. But it would be different it if was Obama. I reckon one is not black unless he is a democrat, and one is not human unless one is liberal.
Last edited by liberty on Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

liberty wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:30 pm
And none of you are offended by the racism of the monkey suit. But it would be different if was Obama. I reckon one is not black unless he is a democrat, and one is not human unless one is liberal.
Seriously?

In truth the policies and the behavior of the current GQP are becoming more and more inhumane, but nobody is suggesting only liberals are human. And I’m fairly sure we are all aware that there are black people who aren’t democrats.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:30 pm
And none of you are offended by the racism of the monkey suit. But it would be different it if was Obama. I reckon one is not black unless he is a democrat, and one is not human unless one is liberal.
I looked at it as a face mask, a way of concealing one's identity — which kinda backfired, to my way of thinking, since there didn't appear to be anyone else wearing a gorilla mask and riding a bicycle, so this person was easily identifiable and could have been apprehended at any time.  The person could have been wearing any other kind of full-face mask — crash test dummy, Nixon, Ghostface, V-for-Vendetta, or even a Star Wars storm trooper.  But because it was a gorilla mask, you decided to make something out of it.

And while I will grant you Republicans are human — as BSG said, quite a bit of the shit they are trying to pull is definitely inhumane.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Thankfully that bullshit recall was averted by the common sense voters of California.

However apparently Larry Elder’s website was already live with declarations of voter fraud YESTERDAY, so apparently Californians are going to have to endure their own speshul experience of THE BIG LIE. Because the GQP is a one hit wonder.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Ball of Confusion

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Mr Newsom faced a ragtag group of conservatives hoping to take his place, including reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner, who vanished from the campaign trail to film Celebrity Big Brother in Australia.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill

Re: Ball of Confusion

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:03 am
Mr Newsom faced a ragtag group of conservatives hoping to take his place, including reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner, who vanished from the campaign trail to film Celebrity Big Brother in Australia.
Read your George Orwell.  "Big Brother", in this case, refers to the all-seeing cameras and other monitors.
But I suspect you already knew that and merely thought you were being clever.
-"BB"-

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Ball of Confusion

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:46 am
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:03 am
Read your George Orwell.  "Big Brother", in this case, refers to the all-seeing cameras and other monitors.
But I suspect you already knew that and merely thought you were being clever.
Thanks for informing me. I did not know that, having never seen even as much as one second of whatever crap it is. So I must be clever??? :lol: :loon

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

CA recall&covid.jpg
CA recall&covid.jpg (24.55 KiB) Viewed 731 times
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God