Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Movies, books, music, and all the arts go here.
Give us your recommendations and reviews.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Netflix?  Hulu?  Peacock?  Whoop-ti-do Plus?  Some other streaming service?   Who needs 'em?

I'm still using a cable service (Spectrum, which used to be Charter) with a lower-level package (no movie channels or pay-per-view, for example) ... and one of these channels is associated with a programming service called "Decades".  Well, I am in the middle of a 'Weekend Binge" of one of the most enigmatic and thought-provoking series ever — The Prisoner, starring Patrick McGoohan.  And that's saying something, considering that it was created and produced over 50 years ago in the late 1960s.

Hell, the opening theme/title sequence alone puts 80% of what's on the air these days right onto the shitpile.

I may just remain cloistered within my environs and be totally incommunicado for the duration of the day.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Re: Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Post by BoSoxGal »

You might enjoy this analysis and the comments following after you’ve finished the series. https://ew.com/tv/2017/09/29/the-prisoner-50/
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Also this link has an interview with McGoohan, but don’t watch it before you finish the show. https://stuffnobodycaresabout.com/2018/ ... -prisoner/
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

I have them all on DVD :-)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I do as well; and it took me a long time to get use to the pastel colored sets--I originally saw it on my household TV which was black and white at the time, and it gave the sets a very different look. But it is a great show, well worth the watch.

BSG, I'll try to look at those links when I get a chance.