Waukesha parade attack

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Jarlaxle

Waukesha parade attack

Post by Jarlaxle »

Joe Guy

Re: Waukesha parade attack

Post by Joe Guy »

It's a crime that they had a "Christmas Parade" before Thanksgiving.

Other than that, no act of terror surprises me anymore.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Saw this story developing last night and woke up to the news of the dead. Also woke up to overcast and rain so my mood was pretty dark at my TMS session this morning. I’m hopeful this treatment alleviates my crippling meds resistant depression, but it won’t remove the sickness from the world around me. How do people without depression respond to this kind of darkness?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

liberty

Post by liberty »

Waukesha attack: Darrell Brooks Jr identified as suspect after five killed at Christmas parade (yahoo.com)

Waukesha attack: Darrell Brooks Jr identified as suspect after five killed at Christmas parade

Bevan Hurley
Mon, November 22, 2021, 10:41 AM•2 min read
The suspect who allegedly plowed into a Christmas parade in Waukesha was released on bail just two days before the deadly attack.
Darrell Edward Brooks Jr, 39, was taken into custody on Sunday night after a red Ford Escape SUV drove into a the parade in the Wisconsin city, killing five and injuring more than 40 people, the Associated Press reported.
The police have not yet released the suspect’s name and have only said they have a “person of interest” in custody.

Sources told NBC News the driver may have been fleeing a knife fight at a nearby park just before the car barrelled into the parade on Waukesha’s Main St at 4:39pm local time.

According to Milwaukee County court records, Brooks has a lengthy criminal record and had only been released from jail on Friday.
Records show Brooks was arrested on 5 November on charges of domestic abuse, resisting an officer, and second-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct and felony bail jumping.

He pleaded not guilty to all counts and was released two days before the deadly Christmas parade attack after posting the $1,000 bond.

Brooks has another open felony case for second-degree recklessly endangering safety and possession of a firearm as a convicted felon from July 2020.

He has convictions dating back to 1999, according to Wisconsin court records.
Brooks is also a hip-hop musician performing under the name MathBoi Fly.
On a since-deleted social media profile, Brooks described himself as an “Underground Hip-Hop/Rap/Drill recording artist/producer/writer/actor”.

Brooks had been posting on social media about the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse, which concluded in Kenosha on Friday about 50 miles south of Waukesha.

A preliminary investigation has indicated the attack was not linked to terrorism or Friday’s verdict in the Rittenhouse trial in Kenosha, sources told NBC News.
Police squads were seen outside Brooks’ home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on Sunday night and his name was reportedly heard over police scanners.
S
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

“Underground Hip-Hop/Rap/Drill recording artist/producer/writer/actor”
Another outstanding example of Black Lives that Matter.   And just in case you ain't black or in on all the latest variants of black people of African descent chanting while dancing around a fire and shaking spears, pysching themselves up to go out and kill a lion as some sort of manhood ritual,
Drill is a style of trap music defined by its dark, violent and nihilistic lyrical content and ominous trap-influenced beats.
As further explanation,
Trap is a subgenre of hip hop music that originated in the Southern United States during the early 1990s. The genre gets its name from the Atlanta slang word "trap", a house used exclusively to sell drugs.
(both definitions from Wikipedia)

From another site:
Career criminal and registered sex offender Darrel E Brooks Jr AKA rapper Mathboi Fly has been arrested as the murderer driver in connection with the massacre. (emphasis mine)
https://www.spreaker.com/user/unleashedshow1/ujh112221
I guess that makes him a scumbag too, eh, Jarl?  Good thing for him that scumbag-exterminator Kyle Rittenhouse wasn't at the parade, huh?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

liberty

Post by liberty »

I don’t think you’ll be seeing the boy Kyle at any large gatherings for a long time; I suspect he’s a little gun shy now.

Career opportunities that’s a good possibility but protests I don’t think you’ll see him there.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

liberty wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:16 pm
I don’t think you’ll be seeing the boy Kyle at any large gatherings for a long time; I suspect he’s a little gun shy now.

Career opportunities that’s a good possibility but protests I don’t think you’ll see him there.
Are you kidding? He’ll be at Trump’s next brownshirts rally, I’m sure of it.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

liberty

Post by liberty »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:39 pm
liberty wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:16 pm

Are you kidding? He’ll be at Trump’s next brownshirts rally, I’m sure of it.
Maybe if it’s a paid position and there’s not too much risk involved. Trump’s money is as good as any other arrogant elite. At that level, they all have huge egos. That’s why somebody like Ronald Reagan was so unique, somebody without an ego. However, when you’re poor, you can’t be too picky about whose money you take; anyone who doesn’t believe that should try being poor.

But if you remember BSG, it was the left that was violent first. You member trump supporters, older people, assaulted by gangs of leftists.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:38 pm
“Underground Hip-Hop/Rap/Drill recording artist/producer/writer/actor”
Another outstanding example of Black Lives that Matter.   And just in case you ain't black or in on all the latest variants of black people of African descent chanting while dancing around a fire and shaking spears, pysching themselves up to go out and kill a lion as some sort of manhood ritual,
Drill is a style of trap music defined by its dark, violent and nihilistic lyrical content and ominous trap-influenced beats.
As further explanation,
Trap is a subgenre of hip hop music that originated in the Southern United States during the early 1990s. The genre gets its name from the Atlanta slang word "trap", a house used exclusively to sell drugs.
(both definitions from Wikipedia)

From another site:
Career criminal and registered sex offender Darrel E Brooks Jr AKA rapper Mathboi Fly has been arrested as the murderer driver in connection with the massacre. (emphasis mine)
https://www.spreaker.com/user/unleashedshow1/ujh112221
I guess that makes him a scumbag too, eh, Jarl?  Good thing for him that scumbag-exterminator Kyle Rittenhouse wasn't at the parade, huh?
-"BB"-
Considering he's a multiple murderer, he's definitely a scumbag. Too bad nobody shot him before he drove through a bunch of children.

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

Youtube seem to have removed his "interesting" rap video.

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Hopefully, he will do the right thing and spare everyone the stress of a trial.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Does anyone now see a racial motivation; does that qualify the attack as a racially motivated hate crime?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Yes lib in all likelihood this will be prosecuted as a hate crime, if not by Wisc then by the feds . What is your point?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Is anybody here watching the Darrell Brooks trial? I've been watching some live and some recorded clips and it's one of the craziest things I've ever seen. Darrell seems to be making the State's case for them. Because of his repeated references to the judge needing to prove "subject matter jurisdiction" and other stupid requests he has made and the fact that he's a self-described "Sovereign Citizen" who is acting as a lawyer on the behalf of the defendant, not himself (or something equally senseless), all I can guess is that he is trying to make the case that he is not subject to any laws and cannot be convicted. All that he has proved up to this point is that he is a murderer and has no respect for others, especially women, and he has no concept of how our laws work.

One of the witnesses he had subpoenaed and questioned ripped him to pieces with his testimony. It was a gift to the prosecution and fun to watch.

The problem is that Brooks just making a fool of himself and he's a complete waste of the court's time. Of course, when he finally gets his minimum of 6 life sentences, the court's time will not have been completely wasted. I imagine when it becomes time for the jury to deliberate, they won't even need to sit down in the jury room. They could just all look at each other, nod their heads and vote unanimously that DB is "Guilty" and come right back with the verdict.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I suggest that they turn him loose for about fifteen minutes with the family members of the three Dancin' Grannies he mowed down.  Then, if there's enough left of him, they can talk about prison sentences.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Gob wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:38 am
Joe, he's obviously a Freeman on the land.
I think he's pulling the Washitah / Moorish sovereign citizen movement ploy, actually.  This is the one that's loosely based around a theory that black people are foreign citizens bound only by arcane legal systems, the Constitution has no jurisdiction over them, and they are not obligated to observe property laws, motor vehicle licensing/registration ordinances, tax codes, or anything else if they don't feel like it.

It's the same grade of bullshit, just a slightly darker color.
-"BB"-

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

FYI these people aren’t laughable at all. Sovereign citizens have murdered law enforcement officers multiple times in recent years. I attended a special prosecutor training on the sovereign citizen movement given by an FBI agent who works domestic terrorism and I was very unnerved by what I learned. At that point I had been harassed and stalked by a sovereign citizen for about a year and a half who was later convicted on multiple felony charges of intimidation of public officials his victims were me and several other county and state officials. I was granted a lifetime protection order against him by the district court but thank goodness he’s been dead now for a few years.

Our laws allow for self representation however foolish it might be. Unfortunate that he is getting a public platform for his disinformation but hopefully his conviction will be swift and he will spend the rest of his life behind bars.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Whatever the form of argument, there's an interesting side-issue (for me) relating to the secessionist movement that brought on the War of Southern Aggression.

It was of great import to the secession movement, particularly in South Carolina (due to its political structure and 18th century character of governance) that the principle of the right to rebel (a la 1776), both legal and natural, was confined to State action - most certainly not to individuals. If a right to rebel against authority existed in individuals, then what might poor white men, women, children and (gasp) slaves make of it?

The southern states in rebellion perforce had to deny there was any moral law connected with slavery. The U.S. states agreed that to rebel may be a sovereign people's right per the Declaration (except for secession, ahem), that neither legal nor natural rights endowed a sovereign citizen with the right to resist, but that there was an individual and moral right to oppose slavery by legal means.

No society can endure without the agreement that non-acceptance of (an election result?) (a law?) does not convey any kind of legal or natural right for one person to set that aside and commit acts of aggression, flouting the agreement. The arguments (or bletherings) of those who believe in the sovereignty of the individual are merely those of the anarchist without interest or faith in the central idea of voluntary institutions replacing a coercive hierarchy. They mistake disorder for the mother of order.

When the notion of sovereignty is promiscuously applied to each individual, then we arrive at . . . today? tomorrow?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts