Related to running of this board

All things related to the general running of the forum - got a suggestion? Here's where it should go.
Burning Petard

Related to running of this board

Post by Burning Petard »

Prompted by Liberty's latest post over on the thread WWIII or Fuckery

Is Liberty for real? Any good indicators that he is just a troll?

I just can't believe this last post is just irony.

snailgate.

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Related to running of this board

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Not even irony. Just densely stupid
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

I think he's attempting to be a troll, but he's just really bad at it.
GAH!

liberty

Post by liberty »

It is sarcasm, but I’m not speaking to all of you; you know who you are. You are the same ones that gave the communists victory in Vietnam. In a few weeks, you’ll be saying if Putin wins, at least the killing will stop. In your heart, you know what I’m saying is true. You have no grit; you will break.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Nah it’s just stupidly
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

You are the same ones that gave the communists victory in Vietnam.
I often think what a pradise Vietnam would be if we didn't "let" the communists win. Just what the world needs, another brutal dictatorship backed by the US. I guess the Thieu family would have even more money, though (at least until we deposed him to get an even more brutal dictator. But we were making th world safe for "democracy". I guess you bought into that line.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Crackpot wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:41 am
Nah it’s just stupidly
It is the truth, and you know it is the truth. Life would be simpler for you if you would admit you were a coward. It was a long time ago, so I'm not saying you are a coward now; people do change, but what was the truth then is still the truth now. I don’t disrespect anyone for being afraid I was afraid too, but it didn’t stop me; I went anyway.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Wah the guy that believes everything right wing media tells him is being mean to me!
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

liberty wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:32 pm
Crackpot wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:41 am
Nah it’s just stupidly
It is the truth, and you know it is the truth. Life would be simpler for you if you would admit you were a coward. It was a long time ago, so I'm not saying you are a coward now; people do change, but what was the truth then is still the truth now. I don’t disrespect anyone for being afraid I was afraid too, but it didn’t stop me; I went anyway.
Were those who refused to fight for the nazis cowards (was Capt. von Trapp a coward because he fled from Austria to Switzerland rather than fight for the nazi regime)? How about those who chose to sit out the US Civil War? I don't see it as cowardice to say I won't fight for the regime of Diem or Thieu just because my government says I must; quoting Nacy Reagan, just say no. And before you say not fighting for them is supporting the other side, who are you fighting for in the Ukraine? There are many things that are worthy of risking one's life; supporting a dictator in a foreign land is not one of them.

Now for those who chose to go, that was their choice--but that choice doesn't make them a hero anymore than those who refused are made cowards by that choice.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It's interesting how things change with time. During the Vietnam war many young American men headed to Canada to evade being drafted into the U.S. Army. Nowadays, many people like liberty are armed and headed to Canada to stop the Russians from invading the U.S.A.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Does Canada really want them? I would think not.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Joe Guy wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:37 pm
It's interesting how things change with time. During the Vietnam war many young American men headed to Canada to evade being drafted into the U.S. Army. Nowadays, many people like liberty are armed and headed to Canada to stop the Russians from invading the U.S.A.
Why would liberty want to fight the Russians in Canada? liberty loves the Russians. I should think he’d be more inclined to join them in the fight against the Nazis in Ukraine.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:55 pm
Why would liberty want to fight the Russians in Canada? liberty loves the Russians. I should think he’d be more inclined to join them in the fight against the Nazis in Ukraine.
I'm pretty sure that liberty's first concern is stopping the Russians from reaching the United States and taking away his right to bear arms and confiscating his coonskin cap. His second highest concern is to rid the world of those pesky "Neo Nazis" in Ukraine. That's why he's a practicing MAGAmaniac and an anti-Nazi/anti Ukraine guy - which causes deep inner-conflicts for him because his bloodline runs straight through Ukraine and Russia.