Why are high levels of crime in Democrat cities?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
liberty

Why are high levels of crime in Democrat cities?

Post by liberty »

‘Woke’ War Erupts Between Chicago Mayor And Prosecutor After Charges Dropped In Massive Gang Gun Fight | US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx may both be “woke” radical leftists, but that doesn’t mean they always see eye to eye. In fact, they’ve apparently declared war on each other this week after Foxx dropped charges against those involved in a midday gun battle that took place last Friday between rival gangs in the Austin neighborhood.

This move did not sit well with Lightfoot, who publicly called out Foxx for dropping the charges, launching a war of words between the two race-baiting liberals.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported that it all started when Foxx’s office released five suspects in a deadly shooting that occurred on Oct. 1 after refusing to charge them with any felony. A source said that police pushed the suspects to be charged with murder and aggravated battery.

However, Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Cristina Villareal told reporters on Sunday that prosecutors had “determined that the evidence was insufficient to meet our burden of proof to approve felony charges.” She went on to claim that Chicago Police Department (CPD) officials had agreed with that decision and that the decision not to charge the five suspects was made because the people who were killed were “mutual combatants.”

However, Lightfoot, a former prosecutor herself, was not having any of it.

“She’s got to explain to the public, why?” she said of Foxx on Monday, according to Fox News. “Given that evidence, a pod camera right there that captured the entire thing and police officers on the scene in uniform, and a squad car there, why that isn’t enough?”
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

ex-khobar Andy

Re: Why are high levels of crime in Democrat cities?

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

This all went down in October last year. Lightfoot and Foxx disagreed at the time as politicians often do.

Charges have since been filed, in February. I don't know if it has yet come to trial.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

To answer liberty's question: For the same reasons that there are similar levels of crime in Republican rural areas.

snailgate

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Why does the sun rise when the cock crows?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Crime is not the bastard child of Democratic political rule, liberty. It is the bastard child of humanity. The rate of violent crime in rural Republican strongholds is plenty high - there is just more physical space in between.

I encourage you reading this entire piece, but please sit down with a glass of lemonade when you do else you become overwhelmed by the weight of the facts presented. Here’s a sneak peek:
But there is a large piece of the homicide story that is missing and calls into question the veracity of the right-wing obsession over homicides in Democratic cities: murder rates are far higher in Trump-voting red states than Biden-voting blue states. And sometimes, murder rates are highest in cities with Republican mayors.

For example, Jacksonville, a city with a Republican mayor, had 128 more murders in 2020 than San Francisco, a city with a Democrat mayor, despite their comparable populations. In fact, the homicide rate in Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco was half that of House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy’s Bakersfield, a city with a Republican mayor that overwhelmingly voted for Trump. Yet there is barely a whisper, let alone an outcry, over the stunning levels of murders in these and other places.
https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-red ... er-problem
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

liberty wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:36 am
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx may both be “woke” radical leftists,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chicago is the Paris Commune now, apparently.
liberty wrote:
the two race-baiting liberals.
Two Black women Democrats elected to municipal office in Chicago? "Race-baiting," obvs.

Don't you get tired of trying to promote this idiocy?
GAH!

liberty

Post by liberty »

Sue U wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:56 pm
liberty wrote:
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx may both be “woke” radical leftists,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chicago is the Paris Commune now, apparently.
liberty wrote:
the two race-baiting liberals.
Two Black women Democrats elected to municipal office in Chicago? "Race-baiting," obvs.

Don't you get tired of trying to promote this idiocy?
No, I don’t; as long as there’s a hypocrisy that others lack the courage to respond to, I will continue to make noise. The level of crime in inner-city communities is a national disgrace, and evidently, I’m the only one on this board who gives a damn about it. Don’t tell me that my community has just as much crime; we have not had a murder here in two or three years. How many murders happen every week in Chicago?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Chicago isn't even in the top 20.
  • 1) St. Louis, MO: 64.54 murders per 100,000 residents
    2) Baltimore, MD: 58.27 per 100,000 residents
    3) Birmingham, AL: 50.62 per 100,000 residents
    4) Detroit, MI: 41.45 per 100,000 residents
    5) Dayton, OH: 34.18 per 100,000 residents
    6) Baton Rouge, LOUISIANA: 31.72 per 100,000 residents
    7) New Orleans, LOUISIANA: 30.67 per 100,000 residents
    8) Kansas City, MO: 29.88 per 100,000 residents
    9) Memphis, TN: 29.21 per 100,000 residents
    10) Cleveland, OH: 24.09 per 100,000 residents
    11) Richmond, VA: 23.84 per 100,000 residents
    12) Miami Gardens, FL: 23.64 per 100,000 residents
    13) Washington, DC: 23.52 per 100,000 residents
    14) North Charleston, SC: 22.55 per 100,000 residents
    15) Peoria, IL: 22.53 per 100,000 residents
    16) Philadelphia, PA: 22.47 per 100,000 residents
    17) Columbia, SC: 21.68 per 100,000 residents
    18) San Bernardino, CA: 21.23 per 100,000 residents
    19) Cincinnati, OH: 21.1 per 100,000 residents
    20) Columbus, GA: 20.94 per 100,000 residents
    21) Tuscaloosa, AL: 20.77 per 100,000 residents
    22) Atlanta, GA: 19.53 per 100,000 residents
    23) Indianapolis, IN: 19.51 per 100,000 residents
    24) Little Rock, AR: 19.15 per 100,000 residents
    25) Shreveport, LOUISIANA: 18.66 per 100,000 residents
    26) Montgomery, AL: 18.54 per 100,000 residents
    27) Buffalo, NY: 18.38 per 100,000 residents
    28) Chicago, IL: 18.26 per 100,000 residents
    ...et cetera
    ...et alia
(source)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The level of crime in inner-city communities is a national disgrace, and evidently, I’m the only one on this board who gives a damn about it.
The level of crime in the United States is a a national disgrace and I'm sure you're on-board with restricting gun sales, requiring owner-liability insurance, mandated safe storage and so on. You are the only one who wants to say "inner-city" when you mean "black" and "Democratic" when you mean "black", ya racist
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

liberty

Post by liberty »

Econoline wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:11 am
Chicago isn't even in the top 20.
  • 1) St. Louis, MO: 64.54 murders per 100,000 residents

6) Baton Rouge, LOUISIANA: 31.72 per 100,000 residents
    7) New Orleans, LOUISIANA: 30.67 per 100,000 residents

25) Shreveport, LOUISIANA: 18.66 per 100,000 residents

28) Chicago, IL: 18.26 per 100,000 residents
    ...et cetera
    ...et alia
(source)
New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Shreveport are liberal cities; yes, Louisiana has them too. Sometimes I think we should isolate them by building a wall around them. The rest of the state would be safer; whatever disease they have that makes them homicidal would be at least contained. Don’t tell me that disease is poverty because my family was as poor as you could get when I was a child, and we didn’t steal and kill.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Liberty--tell us, just how do you define "liberal" cities; "liberal" as opposed to what?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Oh come on Big RR. He means 'black' and you know it. He assumes that all blacks vote Democrat and that makes "them" liberal.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I’m confused. It happens often when I read lib’s stuff. Anyway, when he attempts to give us a list of ‘liberal cities’ he chooses 5 out of the top 28. I assume this means that the other 23 are non-liberal cities which kind of drives a hole through his argument.

A wall around some of these cities might not be such a bad idea if it stops the guns getting in. Chicago is 40 minutes from Indiana where guns are pretty freely available. So Chicago gun laws are meaningless unless they put checkpoints on I-90.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Big RR wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:24 pm
Liberty--tell us, just how do you define "liberal" cities; "liberal" as opposed to what?
The makeup of the city council and mayor is the obvious way. Offhand, New Orleans has had Democrat mayors for 150 years. (Last Republican left office in 1872.) The city council is 100% Democrat.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Most democrats are hardly "liberal"; sure, they're more left of center than most republicans, but this doesn't make one a liberal. We have a democratic president, senate, and house--where are all these liberal laws being enacted? I'll give you a hint---nowhere!

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:54 pm
Big RR wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:24 pm
The makeup of the city council and mayor is the obvious way. Offhand, New Orleans has had Democrat mayors for 150 years. (Last Republican left office in 1872.) The city council is 100% Democrat.
And of course the Democratic Party of 1872 is exactly the same as the Democratic Party of 2022, especially in the deep south and with respect to "liberalism."
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:lol:

liberty

Post by liberty »

CBS News this week is doing a bit on unsolved murders in the United States. 50% of all murders in this country are going unsolved, and it is even worse in the black community. Most people murdered are black, and most of the murders go unsolved; there is no punishment for murder. I brought this up a couple of years ago and was called a racist for it. I’ve concluded that nothing can be done about it because it is racist to see the problem.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The Village Idiot wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:16 am
I brought this up a couple of years ago and was called a racist for it.
No, you're lying, that was never a reason for calling you a racist.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

liberty wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:16 am
CBS News this week is doing a bit on unsolved murders in the United States. 50% of all murders in this country are going unsolved, and it is even worse in the black community. Most people murdered are black, and most of the murders go unsolved; there is no punishment for murder. I brought this up a couple of years ago and was called a racist for it. I’ve concluded that nothing can be done about it because it is racist to see the problem.
This has been a recognized issue in black communities for decades- I remember seeing a 60 Minutes piece on it a long time ago when I was maybe in high school or college.

Murders go unsolved in black communities and other communities of color at higher rates because people are less willing to cooperate with police and why might that be? These communities have centuries of reasons to distrust police. You know that the very first police in America were slave hunting squads who ran down runaway slaves and kept order where slaves might be fomenting uprisings? Police have been racist as fuck since time immemorial and in communities of color especially almost everyone knows someone who knows someone who has been wrongfully accused of a crime because they fit the description (black male) and more than a few who’ve done the hardest time of all - the time served by an innocent man.

So yeah, that’s a problem.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan