Chicago woman to be charged with first degree murder

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

Chicago woman to be charged with first degree murder

Post by liberty »

Chicago would-be robber dies after woman stands her ground and shoots him
Luke Gentile - 12h ago

A Chicago teenager died days after he and a group attempted to rob an armed 32-year-old woman on the city's South Side.
The incident occurred July 29 in the Woodlawn area around 8:00 p.m., according to a report.
At least four males attempted to break into the woman's parked car when she confronted the would-be robbers.
One of the males whipped out a weapon and pointed it at the woman, the report noted.
Rather than surrendering or running away, the woman pulled out a weapon of her own and fired at the would-be criminals.
Dion Young, 13, was hit in the neck, authorities said.
The teenager was rushed to Comer Children's Hospital, where he died of his wounds on Tuesday, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office.
The identities of the other suspects have not been confirmed, and an investigation into the incident is ongoing, the report noted.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Joe Guy

Re: Chicago woman to be charged with first degree murder

Post by Joe Guy »

I haven't heard that the woman was charged with 1st degree murder. Do you have a link?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Given the circumstances reported, it certainly doesn't sound like murder (but perhaps there are other facts we don't know). I googled it and there is no mention of the woman being charged, or even arrested, as of yesterday. I'd appreciate seeing the link as well.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Even the story lib posted had no mention of the charges - first degree or otherwise. Pure invention. Lib you can get into real trouble for posting this kind of shit and it might not be a bad idea for Gob to just take it down.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:38 pm
Even the story lib posted had no mention of the charges - first degree or otherwise. Pure invention. Lib you can get into real trouble for posting this kind of shit and it might not be a bad idea for Gob to just take it down.
This board has a long history of leaving all sorts of crap up for all to see.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

13-year-old shot in defense by woman with CCL dies from injury

Chicago Journal

A 13-year-old boy died from the injury he sustained after he was shot by a woman last Friday when the woman caught him and 3-4 others breaking into her car. One of the individuals in the group allegedly threatened her with a firearm which caused her to draw her concealed carry weapon and fire a shot.
CHICAGO - The 13-year-old boy that was shot by a woman who caught him and a group of males breaking into her car, during which someone in the group allegedly threatened her with a firearm, died from his injury yesterday afternoon.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office identified the boy today.

As we originally reported on Saturday, the incident happened around 8:00 p.m on Friday, July 29th. Police originally reported the incident occurring in the 1100 block of E. 52nd Street in the Hyde Park neighborhood on the city's south side and that is how we reported the incident. Police now say it actually happened in the 1100 block of E. 62nd Street, which would place the incident just south of the border of the Hyde Park neighborhood and into the Woodlawn neighborhood.[1]

According to a police spokesperson, the rest of the story remains the same.

Police said a 34-year-old woman caught four to five males attempting to break into her car, which was parked on the above block, and she confronted the group of offenders. One of the offenders in the group allegedly pointed a gun at the woman and she discharged her own handgun, striking one of the offenders in the group. The offender she struck was a 13-year-old male.

The Chicago Fire Department took the 13-year-old to Comer Children's Hospital, where he was initialy listed in fair condition with a gunshot wound to the neck area. The others fled the scene.

Today, the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office identifed the boy as 13-year-old Dion Young. He was reportedly pronounced dead after succumbing to his injury yesterday afternoon at Comer Children's Hospital.

The 34-year-old female victim did reportedly have a valid CCL (Concealed Carry License) at the time of the incident. It is still unclear if the 13-year-old was the individual who threatened the woman with the gun or if he was one of the others in the group. There was no weapon recovered at the scene.

We reached out to Chicago Police again to inquire if there were any changes during the investigation including if there would be any charges brought against any individuals involved, but they were once again unable to clarify as the investigation remains ongoing.
https://www.chicagojournal.com/13-year- ... om-injury/

It seems the thread title is liberty’s assertion that he believes this CCL holder will be persecuted for her actions.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Lib is just trolling again -- badly, as is his wont. Here's the translation: Chicago=Black=liberal so self-defense with gun="first degree" murder, especially if the one killed is Black.

He can fuck right off.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Thanks for the translation Sue; you should work for the UN.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Sue U wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:14 pm
Lib is just trolling again -- badly, as is his wont. Here's the translation: Chicago=Black=liberal so self-defense with gun="first degree" murder, especially if the one killed is Black.

He can fuck right off.
That’s not bad, pretty good, and pretty close. People should not have rights that they would deny to other people. Being that it is Chicago and she has a concealed carry permit, I can be confident that she’s liberal and politically connected. The little people have no right to self-defense. If anyone other than a well-connected liberal had shot a 13-year-old black kid, you could guarantee they would face murder charges.

So, fuck off yourself and how you like?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Come on lib, many security guards and pretty much every cop and retired-cop have concealed carry permits in most, if not all, states. I doubt most of them are "liberal" however you define it; indeed, I'd bet many cops and retired cops are not, and I'd doubt most security guards (often cop wannabes) are. Indeed, up until the lat SC ruling, I'd bet most persons in Chicago with a concealed carry permit fall in one of those categories.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Retired cops don't NEED a carry permit, not since 2004.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Retired cops, provided that they retired in good standing and were not forced out under a cloud, can carry if they maintain their training annually and are registered with the agency from which they retired. I don't know how this works if they retired from one state and now live in another. Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) has the details.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

OK, retired cops may not need to get a separate permit to carry a firearm in some states (I don't know about Illinois because there is a federal law covering it, but many states have claimed exceptions and the courts have accepted some); but they effectively have one by virtue of being a retired cop.

Good question Andy; another consideration, some states (like mine, for example) limit the age where they can carry (in NJ it expires at 75 or 80, many retired cops over the expiration age are now trying to get a permit).