No I'm not dead (as of time of typing)

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
MajGenl.Meade

No I'm not dead (as of time of typing)

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Since I know you will all be worried if I vanish for a time (ahem) . . . Margaretta and I are off to visit friends in South Africa and some assorted relations in the UK, starting tomorrow. We'll be back at the end of March. I may be able to post occasionally from the electrically-disadvantaged republic of Mzansi but only as a public service of kindness to all who miss me. No one.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Re: No I'm not dead (as of time of typing)

Post by BoSoxGal »

You can be an insufferable jerk sometimes, but I value you anyway and will miss you.

Have a lovely trip hope it’s nice and warm in SA.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Safe travels. Enjoy the trip!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:02 pm
You can be an insufferable jerk sometimes, but I value you anyway and will miss you.

Have a lovely trip hope it’s nice and warm in SA.
Heavens, you sound just like my wife. :lol:

Thank you
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Thanks for the heads-up and enjoy your trip.

I try to post here occasionally just to confirm whether or not I'm still alive. Some days I don't see a post here from me and it makes me worry that I might be ill or dead or something.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Hey, everyone "can be IS an insufferable jerk sometimes" (isn't that why we're all members of this forum? i.e, so that our IRL loved ones/acquaintances don't divorce/murder/maim us ;) ).

That said, bon voyage, enjoy the southern-hemispheric weather, and come back safe and well, both of you.

(And try to check in here, occasionally, if possible.)

:ok
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Have a good time ... safe journey, and all that rot.   Check in if you can, and thanks for the heads-up.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Joe Guy wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:50 pm
Thanks for the heads-up and enjoy your trip.

I try to post here occasionally just to confirm whether or not I'm still alive. Some days I don't see a post here from me and it makes me worry that I might be ill or dead or something.
"I post, therefore I am"? The objection is that it presupposes the existence of an "I" doing the thinking in the post. Since we've all noted the total absence of thought in those, you may indeed be deceased*

*or never to have existed

No Greater Fool

Post by No Greater Fool »

Safe journey.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:41 pm
"I post, therefore I am"?
Y'know, that makes me wonder about a time that is going to come to all of us — and I've been doing a lot of that since learning about Katie Barefoot.  Should my posts here suddenly cease, would anyone notice — (I'd like to think so) — and would they know the reason why?

I'm quite sure that none of you know who I am (actual name, address, phone number, name and location of closest living relative, etc) IRL , and even if someone does, I doubt highly that they would somehow catch the half-inch in the obit section of the local bird-cage liner that would note my demise.  So I'm thinking I should include a message with log-ins and passwords for some of the sites, boards, and groups I frequent and pass that along to my next-of-kin or attorney, along with instructions to post a 'farewell' post so that my disappearance will at least be accompanied with an explanation.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?