Happy Presidents' Day Who is your favorite?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
wesw

Re: Happy Presidents' Day Who is your favorite?

Post by wesw »

i still say that i have reinvigorated this board

prove me wrong

and i think that steven crowder is a canadian cunt

tom macdonald too

he made some great songs

the best rapper ever, is the best imho

but when he pretends to be an american he just fails....

... like meade

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:22 pm
Of course he does, senility and incompetence are obviously no big deal for you.
No, it's a big deal. But Trump is not only senile and incompetent, he is also pure evil. Biden on the other hand would not be my first choice as Dumbold's opposition (I shall vote for Haley in the Ohio primary if she's still there).

Biden has a good overall policy record, despite perceived mental fogginess at times. Therefore, Biden wins on points deservedly.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

You cannot believe that. It's not possible you can actually believe what you posted.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:50 am
You cannot believe that. It's not possible you can actually believe what you posted.
Some of us are rational thinkers who have paid close attention to politics for decades and not reactionary hive minds who are programmed by right wing media and our own foolishness to worship a malignant narcissist psychopath.

So yeah, we believe as the facts (real ones, not alternative ones) establish that Biden is one of the most effective presidents of our lifetimes, even with the gaffes and stutters and the occasional forgetfulness.

Why don’t you quit with the mindless attacks and try making a case for your wanna be dictator that is based in legislative accomplishments that serve the majority of the American people and not just the rich?

We’ll be here, waiting.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

meade,

either you have not watched trump speak and only depend on msnbc for your info, or you are dishonest.

i believe that you may not watch trump speak, but i find it hard to believe that you rely on corporate news

my opinion is that that you are being purposefully ignorant

perhaps outright lying

you are justifying your means to achieve your means

you are lying

you are witnessing falsely

your hatred has led you to break the commandments of our lord and our god and our holy spirit

i am a terrible christian, but i a m a christian nonetheless

are you?

what would jesus do?

he would march his loud ass right into the temple and raise a right ruckus

just like trump

just like kennedy

and you see where that got him

you lick the asshole of your god

you are surely worshipping an evil thing, because you are not honest

i am a failure, but i am aware of that

you are false

i bet your secret handshake won t save you in the next world, tho it shurely has benefitted you in this one

you are the same as scooter

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:48 am
Jarlaxle wrote:
Some of us are rational thinkers who have paid close attention to politics for decades and not reactionary hive minds who are programmed by right wing media and our own foolishness to worship a malignant narcissist psychopath.

So yeah, we believe as the facts (real ones, not alternative ones) establish that Biden is one of the most effective presidents of our lifetimes, even with the gaffes and stutters and the occasional forgetfulness.

Why don’t you quit with the mindless attacks and try making a case for your wanna be dictator that is based in legislative accomplishments that serve the majority of the American people and not just the rich?

We’ll be here, waiting.
▲  ▲  ▲  ▲  ▲
What she said.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:48 am
Jarlaxle wrote:

We’ll be here, waiting.
The border. NOTHING else matters at this point.

Though lower taxes are nice. So are the Supreme Court nominations.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Right, so the BIPARTISAN border bill that was hammered out by GOP and Democrats alike, and which included nearly everything that GOP wanted, and which was lauded by several in GOP leadership - and which TRUMP KILLED - got an explanation for how that makes Trump a good candidate to run this country again?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

The "border" bill was a pork-filled travesty. (I recall HALF the spending was welfare for Ukraine.) It shouldn't have ever gotten passed in either house. Either pass a clean bill or piss off.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

That sounds like MAGA-speak. The bill should have been passed. The Border Patrol union even endorsed it. If another better bill can be introduced, they should be working on it right now. It shouldn't be delayed just so Trump can complain about the border in order to help get himself elected.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:50 am
welfare for Ukraine
I never took you for a Soviet apparatchik. I'm sure Putin is so proud of his little koshechka.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Morning Joe keeps playing a series of clips from Trump rallies in recent days where he repeatedly talks about running against Obama, beating Obama in 2016 and 2020, taking credit for Veterans support legislation that was signed by Obama in 2014, misstating the names of several foreign leaders, ending midsentence into a garbledy gook of non words, etc. He's breaking down and probably descending into actual dementia like his father did at the same age.

Biden is all gaffes same as he's been for 50 years, occasional forgetfulness, a stiff gait and fell off his bike and stumbled on stairs. OH MY! And the most effective president legislatively in my lifetime during the most polarized divisive Congresses in my lifetime.

Yeah, we need more of the madman Trump to turn the record setting economy around. We need Trump to fix the border - when really we need immigrants to fill the 9 million current job vacancies in this economy. Sure, let's fix the broken immigration system - Bush the Elder and Reagan both called for that in 1980, and yet their party has resisted solutions for nearly 25 years since.

If the American people don't show up in droves in November to prevent that orange freak from reentering the White House, then they get what they deserve.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:16 am
Why?
GAH!

wesw

Post by wesw »

we need immigrants.....

we need abortions.....

make it make sense

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

wesw wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:20 pm
we need immigrants.....

we need abortions.....

make it make sense
It makes plenty of sense. A woman's womb belongs to her and nobody else on this earth, and she should not be forced to birth a child she doesn't want for ANY REASON - and certainly she should have full and unfettered access to abortion to preserve her physical and mental health as well, even if she does someday want to birth a child.

There are millions of decent hardworking people who would like to come here to work the vacant jobs and contribute to our SS system and our communities. Of course we need to fix the immigration system so we can choose who comes and who doesn't - but immigrants built this country and there is no reason to stop letting them in now to keep building this country.

No reason except a sick fuck who is running on hate and racism, that is - and all his sick fuck racist followers.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Sue U wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:00 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
Why?
Mostly, the flood of criminals. It needs to be stopped.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Donald Trump: "We don't know where they're coming from. They’re coming from jails and they’re coming from prisons and they’re coming from mental institutions and they’re coming from insane asylums.”

“We have languages coming into our country. We don’t have one instructor in our entire nation that can speak that language.”

Trump speaks effluent Trumplish.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:18 pm
Sue U wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:00 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
Why?
Mostly, the flood of criminals. It needs to be stopped.
What evidence shows that there is a "flood of criminals"?
GAH!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Trump has declared that ‘Migrant Crime’ is rampant. Therefore it is so.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

From those radical Marxists at the Cato Institute:
Want to Solve the Border Crisis? Legalize Immigration

Migrants aren’t the problem and the country is not “overwhelmed.” Nativist politicians and impossible barriers to legal entry caused (and maintain) the chaos.

DECEMBER 27, 2023 • COMMENTARY

By David J. Bier

Republicans won’t pass aid to Ukraine without a so‐​called “border deal,” and although Democrats don’t agree on how to do it, they have already agreed with the Republicans’ restrictionist goal to let fewer people into America. But nearly everything that politicians now use to justify immigration restriction can be traced to the restrictionist policies already in force.

In other words, immigration restrictionists create the problems and then demand ever more restrictions to fix them. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The answer is quite simple: Legal immigration is impossible for them.

There is no path, other than requesting asylum at the border, that is available to the people who are coming up through Mexico to the United States. If ending illegal immigration was the goal, the government could simply let them come legally.

But that’s not the goal. Politicians are saying that the country is “overwhelmed” and can’t handle any more immigrants, legal or otherwise. What nonsense.

Migrants aren’t the problem and the country is not “overwhelmed.” Nativist politicians and impossible barriers to legal entry caused (and maintain) the chaos.

The United States has among the lowest population densities of any country in the world, and U.S. population growth in the 2020s has never been lower. America needs people to fill its nearly nine million open jobs and support its growing retiree population.

Immigrants aren’t the problem. The politicians are the problem.

Border communities are declaring “states of emergency” because they have so many immigrants sleeping on their streets. It’s a real problem, but why are they sleeping on their streets? Because politicians won’t let them enter legally and line up transportation in advance, so when Border Patrol unexpectedly releases them, they sleep next to bus depots waiting for the next bus out of town.

Rural border hospitals are begging Congress for bailouts. But many migrants end up needing medical care because Border Patrol intentionally uses walls to direct them to cross through deserts or across rivers where they can become dehydrated or drown. The wall has only added to the chaos with record numbers falling from the wall and severely injuring themselves.

Don’t blame the immigrant risk-takers—nah, they’d happily enter legally. Blame the politicians who want immigrants to have to jump walls to come.

What about the rise of migrant homelessness in cities across the United States? Surely that proves that we need restriction? Not at all. These immigrants desperately want to work to support themselves, but Biden officials are too scared to let them do so legally because then more will come.

Our political class is choosing to create a homeless crisis, which then creates the justification for more restrictions at the border.

Freeing up Border Patrol would allow it to target criminals who cross the border. But politicians are explicitly not focused on the criminals. They want to keep out those immigrants who the Border Patrol screens and releases, not those who avoid arrests.

Even if more restriction isn’t needed, couldn’t it fix the problems? No, it would exacerbate the crisis.

Let’s review what’s on the table. House Republicans want to ban asylum completely at the southwest border and to send a lot more people to Mexico. But we just lived through this exact combination of policies under “Title 42” health authority and it was a disaster. More people tried to enter, and more importantly, more people tried to sneak past Border Patrol leading to record numbers of deadly chases.

With no reason to turn themselves in, record numbers tried to evade detection and enter without being screened by Border Patrol—that’s the opposite of increasing “security.”

House and Senate Republicans also insist on banning the only legal ways to enter the country for these people by restricting the president’s authority to “parole” them in at ports of entry. Biden is already capping his use of this authority at such a low level that illegal immigration is continuing anyway, but getting rid of it altogether would unleash a deluge of people who would have otherwise entered “the right way.”

When restrictionists get their way and all this chaos predictably plays out, they’ll go back in their tool bag for—you guessed it—more chaos‐​inducing restrictions! There’s a better way. Legalize immigration.

Let people come and work legally and contribute to this great country, just as immigrants have for centuries. That’s the border plan of America’s founders. It was our tradition for most of our history.
Source
GAH!