trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by Econoline »

From The Daily Show, via Twitter:

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:this place is toxic.

I m gonna take a leave of absence .
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
And Gob .... can you change the website address while he's gone?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Maybe wacky wes can now go firebomb a CNN office:
Donald Trump Calls The Media ‘The Enemy Of The American People’

President Donald Trump vilified the press again Friday, tweeting that the media are “the enemy of the American people” and specifically calling out several major news organizations.
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!
1:48 PM - 17 Feb 2017
Earlier, Trump tweeted and then quickly deleted a slightly different version of the tweet. The revised version includes mentions of ABC and CBS in addition to the other news outlets. All of these outlets have reported on significant controversies involving Trump and his administration, including claims that his team communicated with Russian officials throughout the presidential campaign.

The White House didn’t immediately return a request for comment.

Trump’s tweet came one day after he spent a major chunk of a meandering 77-minute press conference disparaging the press. He called the media “out of control” and “dishonest.” He also blamed what he called the “fake media” for former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn’s resignation, claiming reporters treated the former general “very unfairly.”

He also frequently attacks publications on his Twitter account and has claimed that polls showing negative ratings for him are “fake news.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don ... d17d27cab9

Scarborough: Only a 'fake president' would call press the enemy

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough on Friday blasted President Trump's tweet about the media, calling the the commander-in-chief a "fake president" for attacking the press.

"Only a FAKE PRESIDENT would declare the First Amendment to be the enemy of the American people," Scarborough tweeted.

Minutes earlier, Trump berated the "fake news media," tweeting that the press "is the enemy of the American People."

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!" he wrote.

Trump's tweet came a day after he scolded the media and sparred with reporters during a lengthy press conference.

Trump also criticized multiple outlets for reporting that ties several of his campaign advisers to Russian intelligence officials.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ndment-the
ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

The many moods of Donald J. Trump....

God @The Tweet of God

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

"The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie." - A. Solzhenitsyn
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Donald Trump should end his next press conference with,
"Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!"

That would explain everything.

- credit: David Gerrold (on Facebook)
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:funee:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I thought this was funny...

Earlier this morning Trump held a meeting with a bunch of top executives from US manufacturing companies...(it looked like there were maybe a couple of dozen of them) Before they got underway, Trump had the press in for a photo op...

There was a smattering of women present, (maybe six or seven; I wasn't trying to get an accurate count) but only one black guy...

See if you can guess where they just happened to seat the one black guy....

If you guessed "right next to Donald Trump", go to the head of the class... :D
ImageImageImage

dales

Post by dales »

See if you can guess where they just happened to seat the one black guy....
Sitting Drmph's lap?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Trump made this claim while attacking "fake news":
Photos easily disprove Trump boast about six-block crowd waiting to hear him speak at CPAC

During his Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) speech today, President Donald Trump touched on one of his favorite topics — crowd size. He addressed his audience, saying, “You folks are in here, the place is packed. There are lines that go back six blocks, and I tell you that cause you won’t read about it, okay? But there are lines that go back six blocks. There is such love in this country for everything we stand for.”

Journalist Gabrielle Bluestone photographed the scene outside CPAC, and her photos showed just a few guests and hotel employees outside one of the three entrances.

ImageImage

During his Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) speech today, President Donald Trump touched on one of his favorite topics — crowd size. He addressed his audience, saying, “You folks are in here, the place is packed. There are lines that go back six blocks, and I tell you that cause you won’t read about it, okay? But there are lines that go back six blocks. There is such love in this country for everything we stand for.”

Bluestone spoke to a couple of CPAC volunteers outside the hotel, and they laughed at Trump’s claim about a six-block line.

One of the volunteers said a line briefly formed when some would-be attendees tried to get in without the proper credentials, but she said that was a couple hundred people.
In fact, there was plenty of room at the back of the "packed" ballroom:

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

‘This is Nixon/Watergate’:
Without evidence, Trump accuses Obama
of wire tapping Trump Tower before election

President Trump exploded on Twitter early Saturday morning, blasting former President Barack Obama
for allegedly wire tapping his phones before the election.  He provided no evidence to back up the claim.

“Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory.
Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!” he declared.

“Is it legal for a sitting President to be ‘wire tapping’ a race for president prior to an election?
Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!” he added.

It wasn’t clear what, exactly, Trump was referring to as he raged again his predecessor, whom he labeled a “bad (or sick) guy!”
He also said a talented lawyer could make a “great case” out of the situation.

Obama’s post-presidency office did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Yahoo News on Trump’s accusation,
and the White House did not immediately clarify from whom Trump had “just learned” this new information.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/this-is-nixo ... 55678.html

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lord Dampnut must be off his medications ..... again.
-"BB"-

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I started a thread about this a little while ago Bill:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17239
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Lord Jim wrote:I started a thread about this a little while ago Bill:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17239
So I see.  I was composing, formatting, previewing, proofreading, and finally posting here while you were doing your thing elsewhere.
-"BB"-