trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Guinevere

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by Guinevere »

The NYTimes always runs box scores, and in the printed paper as well (go to the game you want, and click on "Box"):

https://nytimes.stats.com/mlb/scoreboar ... y=20170419
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Political pundits worry a lot nowadays about what may or may not be President Donald Trump’s “political agenda”.  What they should be thinking about is how many ways Trump and his money-grubbing family are ripping off the U.S. Treasury and American taxpayers.

Just about each week, Trump uses Air Force One to travel to his properties, promoting his brand, looting the treasury to pay for a lavish lifestyle that far exceeds any President that came before him.  Another government jet and security personnel fetch his wife from their penthouse tower in Manhattan.  Other government planes bring staff and family.

Most of their time is spent at Mar-a-Lago, the family’s Florida resort, for multi-million dollar weekends (about $3.6 million per visit) funded by taxpayers.  Government-funded travel just for weekend visits to his resorts so far this year (three and a half months) has already doubled former President Barack Obama’s annual travel budget.

One of those weekends brought Chinese president Xi Jinping to Florida and, lo and behold, the People’s Republic of China suddenly provided new trademarks for First Daughter Ivanka Trump, who now uses her White House office to peddle jewelry, handbags, and spa services to a nation of 1.4 billion.  Ivanka Trump now holds 173 foreign trademarks in 21 countries — just part of her scam.
read the rest here
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Trump Is Even Less Popular Than United Airlines

United Airlines received a rare bit of good news this week: As unpopular as the carrier is, it’s still doing better in the court of public opinion than President Donald Trump.

United made headlines earlier this month after a passenger was violently dragged off a flight to make room for an employee. Now a new poll from the left-leaning Public Policy Polling found that the airline had a slightly higher approval rating than the president.

When asked if they had a higher opinion of United or Trump, 42 percent of the respondents chose the airline, versus 40 percent for the president.

That’s pretty much the only bright spot for United; the poll also found that 40 percent believed it was the worst airline in the country. American was a distant second at 10 percent.

Thirty-five percent of respondents chose Southwest as the “best airline,” with Delta coming in second at 20 percent.

The president’s numbers were similar to recent polling from Gallup, which showed Trump with an average approval rating of just 41 percent since inauguration day, the lowest rating for a first-term president since World War II.
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pol ... b-approval
ImageImageImage

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Lord Jim wrote:
Thirty-five percent of respondents chose Southwest as the “best airline,” with Delta coming in second at 20 percent.
Remember when Southwest's nickname was "Southworst" and it was the low-cost/service carrier. It hasn't upped its game; all the others have declined as they've gone the commodity route.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

The race to the bottom.
:(

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I do like this, from one of the comments BTL on a NYT op-ed:
Trump is competent enough to never admit any failures are his fault, the buck doesn't even slow down on his desk.
After a suitable interval, I shall claim that as one of mine.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Add an accordion, and suddenly Donald Trump is fun to watch!

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

I'm surprised no one here has yet mentioned the fact that Trump has now successfully compared himself to one of the greatest tragedies of this century.
Now, in an interview with the Associated Press released Sunday, Trump set a new standard of hubris even for himself — comparing his ratings prowess to one of the darkest days in U.S. history: Sept. 11, 2001.

“It's the highest for 'Face the Nation' or as I call it, 'Deface the Nation,' " Trump told the AP's Julie Pace, referring to the CBS News Sunday political talk show. “It's the highest for 'Deface the Nation' since the World Trade Center — since the World Trade Center came down.”

:loon :shrug :arg
God @The Tweet of God

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

“It's the highest for 'Deface the Nation' since the World Trade Center — since the World Trade Center came down.”
Well, that's just another example of the utter grotesqueness of the man...

(As if any more examples were needed)

But when you think about it, in a way he may have a point...

A very strong case can be made that his election as President was the worst catastrophe to befall this country since 9/11...

And given a little more time he may surpass it...
ImageImageImage

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
GAH!

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Yesterday it became known that the desk in the Oval Office has a new red button. When President Trump hits it, a butler is summoned, bringing in a cold can of CocaCola.

Last night Trevor Noah speculated that the butler was probably Mitt Romney, while Steven Cobert thought it more likely to be Governor Christy of New Jersey.

On the other hand, I was reminded of recent science news about the ability of older people to think. https://www.yahoo.com/news/gulp-soda-li ... 00569.html

Reads as tho Pepsi, or Coke, diet or sugar bomb, will increase the probability of various dementia or stroke. My wife and I took the news to mean we will stick to coffer or tea. But I suspect that if the President were thusly affected, Melania would do a better job covering for him than Nancy Raygun did.

snailgate

rubato

Post by rubato »

Burning Petard wrote:Yesterday it became known that the desk in the Oval Office has a new red button. When President Trump hits it, a butler is summoned, bringing in a cold can of CocaCola.

Last night Trevor Noah speculated that the butler was probably Mitt Romney, while Steven Cobert thought it more likely to be Governor Christy of New Jersey.

On the other hand, I was reminded of recent science news about the ability of older people to think. https://www.yahoo.com/news/gulp-soda-li ... 00569.html

Reads as tho Pepsi, or Coke, diet or sugar bomb, will increase the probability of various dementia or stroke. My wife and I took the news to mean we will stick to coffer or tea. But I suspect that if the President were thusly affected, Melania would do a better job covering for him than Nancy Raygun did.

snailgate
Melania does not have the innate meanness of Nancy Reagan.

yrs,
rubato

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Hey, this might actually work!

God @The Tweet of God

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Burning Petard wrote:
Reads as tho Pepsi, or Coke, diet or sugar bomb, will increase the probability of various dementia or stroke. My wife and I took the news to mean we will stick to coffer or tea.
The study does not conclude the above, it merely notes a correlation. The more likely explanation is that people who regularly consume soda pop, on average, have less healthy lifestyles than the average population, and it is the overall unhealthy habits which are the cause of the medical issues noted in the article. It is hard to figure with Trump whether he just seems to wander and repeat his phrases because he doesn't like not to be talking, or whether there is something systemic going on upstairs.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Funny toon! :lol:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

For Christ's sake, E-line, don't give him any ideas.

I wouldn't put it past Trump doing something like this and then finding some way to channel the $38 billion to his own enterprises.  Surely he owns or has interests in a construction company or two that would find themselves holding government contracts.  Hell, he might even send 'em to the southwest and spend a few million digging up some dirt just to make it look good before claiming the "The Emperor's New Wall" is up and operational.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

have less healthy lifestyles than the average population
Are people with healthy lifestyles the "average population"?
I have no stats, but I think the average population has a less healthy lifestyle.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Melania does not have the innate meanness of Nancy Reagan.

yrs,
rubato
LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rubato, accusing somebody else of "innate meanness"...

ImageImageImage